iPhone 5 rattle?

msteiner0539

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I agree with the last post. I too have now noticed that my lock button now rattles. Have another apt with a genius to replace my phone. Fk it, im swapping out and if its better its better. If not, then not. But all I can say it that it better be better. (Wow, I sound drunk......wait....I think I am). Damn it

md17

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the last post. I too have now noticed that my lock button now rattles. Have another apt with a genius to replace my phone. Fk it, im swapping out and if its better its better. If not, then not. But all I can say it that it better be better. (Wow, I sound drunk......wait....I think I am). Damn it

Yeah so unfortunately I went to the Genius Bar and they said they woulnt replace it again for this because all of the phones are rattling. I tried to tell them I think my power button is looser than normal, but I'm to the point where i don't care. If it breaks then ill worry.

BasalOna

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi...I just want to confirm on thing with you guys...does iphone 5 have a floating lens in the camera? Because, My iphone 5 rattle when when you tap near to camera and the same rattle sound is coming when you keep the phone on something. May forums are telling different opinions.

msteiner0539

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah so unfortunately I went to the Genius Bar and they said they woulnt replace it again for this because all of the phones are rattling. I tried to tell them I think my power button is looser than normal, but I'm to the point where i don't care. If it breaks then ill worry.

So I went to them yesterday, and without hesitation they allowed me to open two new phones, and choose. Chose one that had a very slight rattle but nothing like my original. This new phone almost feels more solid than my first. The rattle is definitely only the floating lens stabilizer and not the lock button. Funny story though was that RIGHT next to me was a young lady with her mother, wanting to swap phones for the same reason I was there, and they wouldn't let her!! Felt it was unfair and spoke up, at which point I got an evil eye stare from her "genius" but then she went and got her a replacement too. So I like to consider that my good deed for the day. Might also be that I look a bit more intimidating than the poor teenager and her mother. Sometimes a full sleeve of tattoos can help a retailer out!!! Lol

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I read this entire post and only saw one person that mentioned they are experiencing this problem when the phone vibrates. All others mentioned when they tap or shake. I can't believe more people are not commenting on the rattle caused by vibration. I keep my phone on my desk next to my side all day, and this has been bothering the hell out of me. The marble clanking sound is the most noticable at the beginning and end of a vibrating sequence. Still not sure if I want to bring it back due to the pervasive nature of this.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I read this entire post and only saw one person that mentioned they are experiencing this problem when the phone vibrates. All others mentioned when they tap or shake. I can't believe more people are not commenting on the rattle caused by vibration. I keep my phone on my desk next to my side all day, and this has been bothering the hell out of me. The marble clanking sound is the most noticable at the beginning and end of a vibrating sequence. Still not sure if I want to bring it back due to the pervasive nature of this.

Apparently not very pervasive, huh?

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
What I learned through all of this is not to just accept the rattle for normal. I finally brought it in after it was annoying me beyond belief. The consensus was that something was not right with my vibration motor and it was causing the more than normal noises I was experiencing. I got a brand new one and although it rattles, I am not hearing what I was hearing before (the noticeable marble clank at the beginning and end of a vibration sequence).

John Roberts12

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
my iphone 5 which is now 2 months old has developed this rattle somewhere near the top of device, it is not the power button but something else, annoying but phone works well, :(

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2