iPhone 5 rattle?

JSho101

Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I was about to say, if 9 out of 10 have the rattle then there's not much sense in sending off for another. Will they have another to replace mine? I bought it thru AT&T, so what's the best way about going to get a replacement? Going to the AT&T store? There is no Apple store in my area.

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
You have to be the Worlds Pickiest Person if you complain about a slight Rattle after Shaking the Hell out of it!! Take the Phone Back and get Refund to buy a Galaxy 3 or Nokia... get lost. You are to Damm picky...

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Why are people shaking their phones anyway? Lol it rattles when shaken? Then don't shake it! :)

In my case you can turn the phone gently and could hear it.

You have to be the Worlds Pickiest Person if you complain about a slight Rattle after Shaking the Hell out of it!! Take the Phone Back and get Refund to buy a Galaxy 3 or Nokia... get lost. You are to Damm picky...

Who are you to judge what people expect out of their phone they paid for? If you paid for it, fine. But you didn't. I'd say if someone dropped $600 on a phone they can go back and exchange it as many times as they like until they are satisfied. And besides Apple replaces these and technically if there was nothing wrong with it, they wouldn't replace it.

People should not come here to judge other people. End of story. Don't like it, don't post in the thread.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I was about to say, if 9 out of 10 have the rattle then there's not much sense in sending off for another. Will they have another to replace mine? I bought it thru AT&T, so what's the best way about going to get a replacement? Going to the AT&T store? There is no Apple store in my area.

You'd have to contact Apple. That's where AT&T will direct you.

JSho101

Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Thanks so much Jeremy. Appreciate the help.

And yeah, I didn't shake my phone at all. I'm not looking for problems. I actually wish I never would have heard it. I can hear it during everyday use, which is why I started researching and discovered it appears to be a common "problem." When you pay so much for a phone, you don't expect there to be any rattling inside...

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Thanks so much Jeremy. Appreciate the help.

And yeah, I didn't shake my phone at all. I'm not looking for problems. I actually wish I never would have heard it. I can hear it during everyday use, which is why I started researching and discovered it appears to be a common "problem." When you pay so much for a phone, you don't expect there to be any rattling inside...

No problem, good luck.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
It will not cause any issues down the road, no. You can try your luck at swapping it out at your local Apple store and see what happens though most of them do this, but not all.

Yeah mine wouldn't let me do this. I just went in today and was told that they are currently investigating other problems with the iPhone (something peeling) and that I ran a risk of getting that as well. I told him I'd be more comfortable if I swapped so he said okay, took it into the back and came back out. Said I had two loose screws but it still made that noise and so did his. So they tightened the screws and basically told me to wait for a new batch of iPhones.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Yeah mine wouldn't let me do this. I just went in today and was told that they are currently investigating other problems with the iPhone (something peeling) and that I ran a risk of getting that as well. I told him I'd be more comfortable if I swapped so he said okay, took it into the back and came back out. Said I had two loose screws but it still made that noise and so did his. So they tightened the screws and basically told me to wait for a new batch of iPhones.

Yeah, I'm 99% positive it's a camera component. If you tap on any iPhone you will hear it but it shouldn't be that loose that it sounds like a rattle with very little movement.

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Too many responses to read through so I'm posting anyway. Mine was a very loud sound when you shake it and you could feel it too. Just left the apple store and they said it was the lack of glue on the battery that caused the sound. All fixed up for me

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Too many responses to read through so I'm posting anyway. Mine was a very loud sound when you shake it and you could feel it too. Just left the apple store and they said it was the lack of glue on the battery that caused the sound. All fixed up for me

Yeah, this thread is about something totally different but I've heard of a few who had loose batteries.

sully bubz

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue - it was something heavy moving around in the phone - not the camera, not the vibrate motor. Went to the genius bar at the apple store - Turns out the battery was loose. They didn't have any to replace so they fixed it, made a note in my file and said if I had any other issues they will replace.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm 99% positive it's a camera component. If you tap on any iPhone you will hear it but it shouldn't be that loose that it sounds like a rattle with very little movement.

The problem with mine is that I hate literally hit anywhere, by hit I mean a light tap, and the the camera component will rattle. If I tap near the camera it's fairly loud. A lot louder than it was on my 4S and 4. But oh well. I'm content I guess.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
The problem with mine is that I hate literally hit anywhere, by hit I mean a light tap, and the the camera component will rattle. If I tap near the camera it's fairly loud. A lot louder than it was on my 4S and 4. But oh well. I'm content I guess.

There is nothing from stopping you going back say in 2 months once things calm down.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
There is nothing from stopping you going back say in 2 months once things calm down.
Thats what I planned on doing. The Genius said he made a note of it on my account. So, I assume I'm still good for an exchange since he told me I could exchange it if I wanted.

canguler87

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Showed up at Apple Store Munich today for showing that rattle.. He showed it to some other colleagues too.. All of them said it's the first time they're having that kind of issue.. Actually I didn't want to change my phone at first. Cause I didn't have any other problems and you can't even know that the new device would be %100 fine. But cause of they are hearing that problem for the first time, I didnt want to risk it and changed the device immediately there.

I tested it there and there is no rattle in the new device. But when I'm back I realized that there is a small scratch (ironic grey) on the right corner of the device. And the home button is a little bit strange.. I don't know how to describe it but it feels a little bit softer when I click on it. Maybe the previous device's was so hard to click that's why I can't decide if that's an issue.

Because of Apple, we're exactly looking for the tiniest issues on any devices!! :))

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73