What does preoaring for shipment mean? Oct. 5?

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone:

I have been disappointed in that I had finally gotten thru to preorder my iphone5 at 2:55 am eastern the moring preorders were taken but missed the cutoff for the first wave of shipments. My phone was scehduled to be delivered on October 5.

However, I just checked my order status and it indicated "PREPARING FOR SHIPMENT."

What does that mean? Can I get my hopes up that I will receive my phone before October 5? Is there a phone in stock for me now? etc.

Thanks.

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
From the Apple page:

5. Preparing for Shipment:
We're currently preparing your order and, as a result, are unable to modify it at this point. If items are being shipped directly to you, we'll send you a Shipment Notification email. If items are being shipped to an Apple Store, we'll send you a Pickup Notification email when they're ready to pick up.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Go to ups website and go to tracking then click track reference and enter your phone number. You might be getting it sooner than expected.

Sent from my i4 using Tapatalk

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
From the Apple page:

5. Preparing for Shipment:
We're currently preparing your order and, as a result, are unable to modify it at this point. If items are being shipped directly to you, we'll send you a Shipment Notification email. If items are being shipped to an Apple Store, we'll send you a Pickup Notification email when they're ready to pick up.

I just spoke to the Apple Store customer support. There is an iphone associated with my order. It should go out later today and will be shipped via Express delivery so i should receive it by early or middle of next week.Cool! Any time earlier than October 5 is a winfall at this point!

jlindsey.stu

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I just spoke to the Apple Store customer support. There is an iphone associated with my order. It should go out later today and will be shipped via Express delivery so i should receive it by early or middle of next week.Cool! Any time earlier than October 5 is a winfall at this point!

May I ask what carrier, size, and color you ordered?

theogt

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone:

I have been disappointed in that I had finally gotten thru to preorder my iphone5 at 2:55 am eastern the moring preorders were taken but missed the cutoff for the first wave of shipments. My phone was scehduled to be delivered on October 5.

However, I just checked my order status and it indicated "PREPARING FOR SHIPMENT."

What does that mean? Can I get my hopes up that I will receive my phone before October 5? Is there a phone in stock for me now? etc.

Thanks.
I started a thread about this, because I know there are a lot of people with the October 5 delivery date that are wondering what's going on, but it was deleted.

I ordered between 2:50 and 2:55 am central using the Apple Store app on my iPhone. I initially received the 2 week wait in my confirmation e-mail. Then like a lot of people my order status said delivery by October 5.

Yesterday my order status changed to "Preparing for Shipment" and this morning I received an e-mail stating that my iPhone 5 had been shipped and I received a tracking number. I still don't have an estimated delivery date, but it's in transit.

My guess is you'll have a shipment e-mail some time in the near future. It took less than 24 hours from mine to go from "Preparing for Shipment" to "Shiped", but given the weekend it may take yours longer (I don't know).

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I started a thread about this, because I know there are a lot of people with the October 5 delivery date that are wondering what's going on, but it was deleted.

I ordered between 2:50 and 2:55 am central using the Apple Store app on my iPhone. I initially received the 2 week wait in my confirmation e-mail. Then like a lot of people my order status said delivery by October 5.

Yesterday my order status changed to "Preparing for Shipment" and this morning I received an e-mail stating that my iPhone 5 had been shipped and I received a tracking number. I still don't have an estimated delivery date, but it's in transit.

My guess is you'll have a shipment e-mail some time in the near future. It took less than 24 hours from mine to go from "Preparing for Shipment" to "Shiped", but given the weekend it may take yours longer (I don't know).

Yes. Me too. When I woke up this morning, the status changed to shipping with a tracking link to ups. Its in china and on its way . It's way ahead of the October 5 delivery date. I should have it next week.

Then all I have to worry about is calling my carrier before turning it on and activating so I make sure I get the discounted price on my added line. Stress with that is that carrier reps didn't misrepresent that I can do it. Crossing my fingers.

theogt

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Me too. When I woke up this morning, the status changed to shipping with a tracking link to ups. Its in china and on its way . It's way ahead of the October 5 delivery date. I should have it next week.

Then all I have to worry about is calling my carrier before turning it on and activating so I make sure I get the discounted price on my added line. Stress with that is that carrier reps didn't misrepresent that I can do it. Crossing my fingers.
I should be excited, but there are people in my city (Houston) that have been walking right into stores getting phones without waiting in a line. So much for pre-orders.

Jesse57

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
My order was originally due to ship on 10/5 too, but it shipped today and delivery is scheduled for 9/28.:). I ordered from Apple at around 4:10 am the first day pre-orders began. So I am thrilled!

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I should be excited, but there are people in my city (Houston) that have been walking right into stores getting phones without waiting in a line. So much for pre-orders.

I understand but Even last year there were no 4s in apple stores or carrier stores within a few hours of launch.

In NY there is a shortage like last year and I prefer the convenience of not driving to a store plus there is more flexibility in obtains a phone at a discount if activated over the phone.

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
They were lining up at local stores at 3am. I had mine shipped so I didn't have to do that. :)

Of course, if I hadn't been able to get it shipped in time (say it was at the 2+ week timeframe), I would have been standing there...

theogt

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So my "October 5" delivery iPhone is now officially in the US. Based on this time frame, I'm thinking it'll certainly be here before September 28.

nXhry.png

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
update: This is crazy! I preordered from Apple. I tried to order at 3:00 am eastern on Sept 14. I got thru at 3:50 and was shut out of the first wave of deliveries. i was very disappointed. Delivery was supposed to be made on Oct. 5. Friday my phone was preparing for shipment. Yesterday, my phone was in Hong Kong. This morning it left Jamaica, New York. I am on Long Island soviet will be delivered probably today or the latest tomorrow. What a shipping comeback by Apple. I guess they go by the philosophy of Scotty on the original Star Trek-emphasize the impossibility of a situation and the length of time needed to complete a task and then deliver early and you will be considered a miracle worker. From an estimated delivery of October 5 to only several days behind the launch date, Awesome!!!!👐😃📱

Correction: I am even more upset and disappointed than before.😡📱 I called UPS to get a more detailed status update because the web page did not include an actual delivery date. UPS explained that my phone landed in JFK and was headed to Louisville, Ky. It was 10 miles from my house but has to go to Ky to clear customs. The rep. Indicated that the estimated delivery date is Oct 1, next Monday. A week away. What a waste of resources by Ups. For those of you wondering why it seems your package has languished in Louisville, the reason is that it can take several days for international packages to clear customs. 👎

My hopes have been crushed like a grape. 😡
I explained to the rep That the UPS website was very misleading and at the least there should be something on there about the shipping process so customers would not be upset. I would have been better off if I never saw the website at all. LOL.

Last edited:

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
So lets get this straight... you were given an estimated delivery time of Oct. 5th. Your phone ships early, and is estimated to be in your hands on Oct 1st. You are upset that we have a customs process and that you aren't getting your phone any earlier than the 1st? First of all, I doubt it will take until the 1st. You'll have it by the end of the week. Second, customs is in place to protect you the consumer. International shipments go through this process in order to verify they are what they say they are. Otherwise you end up with a rash of counterfeit and illegal products in the country. So sit back, relax and let things run their course. You'll have your phone soon enough.

Oh, and BTW my phone is on the same truck/plane as yours is. Yes, I want my phone too, but not at the expense of national security.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think it's funny that people are getting mad that they pre-ordered but are finding that SOME (not all) stores have stock available to walk ins. Keep in mind a few things...for starters, this is the first iPhone release that i can remember where there was actually stock for non-reserved customers in a wide spread way...there was a few people reporting last year that you could walk in and get one, but that was certainly the exception, not the rule. Then there is the lines you have to spend time in, i know for a FACT that there were lines in the Atlanta market, as my brother went to the main Apple store closest to midtown and said when he left (about an hour after they opened), there was probably 100 people waiting (with more coming).

There's a lot to be said for patience, especially when it comes to things like this, where every year there is a bottle neck for about a week or two when the iPhone is released. You ordered your phone online, you did not make the first wave of shipments yet you're getting your phone within a week of release. That's pretty damn good. Would it be worth it to you to no pre-order and wait at a store to get one on release day (or release weekend)? Only you can answer that, if i had missed the pre-order first shipment, i would have happily waited until it came, even if it was a few weeks later, vs. standing in line at a chaotic Apple store.

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So lets get this straight... you were given an estimated delivery time of Oct. 5th. Your phone ships early, and is estimated to be in your hands on Oct 1st. You are upset that we have a customs process and that you aren't getting your phone any earlier than the 1st? First of all, I doubt it will take until the 1st. You'll have it by the end of the week. Second, customs is in place to protect you the consumer. International shipments go through this process in order to verify they are what they say they are. Otherwise you end up with a rash of counterfeit and illegal products in the country. So sit back, relax and let things run their course. You'll have your phone soon enough.

Oh, and BTW my phone is on the same truck/plane as yours is. Yes, I want my phone too, but not at the expense of national security.

I agree about your point about customs. I think you misunderstood what I was getting at. The UPS website is very misleading. It would seem that I would have the phone, the latest tomorrow. Since the phone and I were 10 miles apart. Ups should have something on their website explaining the process, the ups tracking was very misleading at best. When the rep told me that the phone was headed to Kentucky, I was shocked since the website just stated that there was a departure scan in Jamaica, queens, ny.

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Gotcha. I agree there, there could be a blurb in there about heading to customs or something. Then again, most people don't follow the tracking like an iPhone user waiting for their new phone :)

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone got to KY sometime this evening. Here's hoping that it flies through customs and it gets here by the end of the week.

We are on the same timeline. I'm crossing my fingers for both of us. I bought my speck candy shell case today in anticipation along with dual input usb car charger for my lightning cable and my family's other apple devices for our weekend fall foliage trip.