Signal Strength and Noise Cancellation?

mediaserve

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have any comments on AT&T signal strength and noise cancellation in comparison to the 4S?

I'm planning to upgrade as long as these two issues have seen improvement. (Not that they were horrible on the 4S, but I use my phone primarily for business and need the absolute best possible signal strength and noise cancellation.)

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't know how useful the noise cancellation will be for me. I pretty much always use a headset.

For signal strength, I suspect there will be a lot of variation depending on LTE, etc. I'm thinking AT&T's going to be bad the next couple days as people play around with their new phones.

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
FYI, just did a 30 minute drive while on a conference call. No drops, no problems (but didn't have any with my iPhone 4 in the same area either). AT&T. One thing I did notice is that the screen seems a bit more sensitive than the iPhone 4 in that I accidentally hung up on the conference call twice moving the phone around. (it sensed me pressing End Call I believe).

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the iPhone 4S and now the 5, haven't noticed any difference between the two devices. My signal strength with AT&T has always been very good in my area, though.

mediaserve

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Now that the phone has been out for a bit, does anyone else have any additional feedback on this subject? I have a couple week coverage spots that sometimes cause dropped calls, and I hear that for example the Lumia 900 has much better reception than the iPhone 4s. If the iPhone 5 doesn't significantly improve on signal strength, I need to switch phones. Would much prefer to stick with the iPhone since I'm heavily invested in the ecosystem, but I need better reliability in my area for business calls.

The few things I've read seem to suggest the reception is about the same.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I have AT&T and in my area the signal is pretty good, though I had like 2 incidents where wind made it hard to hear (I thought the phone had noise canceling?).Also the 4G signal has been pretty wonky (lol my area doesn't have LTE yet only 4G) in my area. Last week in particular it was extremely slow even my dad's 3gs was loading web pages and stuff faster than my iphone 5! But I recently completely drained the battery on my phone (got it last Tuesday) and it seems to be working fine now. 4G is fast (not fast as LTE but faster than 3G).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR