I didn't get mine!

cocochannel

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
So there is a post about"I got my iphone 5" and I think it's worth making one for the ones who coudnt get one so others can learn from it.

I went to Target, they said they only selling the pre-orders.
Went to Radioshack: No 64gb for AT&T
Went to 2 AT&T stores, they only had the 16gb. Called a 3rd one and they ran out of everything.
Went to Best Buy, they said they are onlly giving the pre-orders.

All of that between 7am and 9am.

MISSION FAILED. I am so pissed.

I didn't even bother trying the apple stores. Those lines are crazy.

I don't know if I should give up for the day, I'm in new york

Last edited:

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
That is the risk you run when you don't pre order sadly. :(

what he said.... if you pre order you are not out driving around trying to find the model but i hope it comes through for you dude keep calling around i am sure there will be a store out there that will have one. good luck.. by the way i am still in my chair in front of my house with a bowl of cereal waiting on ups

OlegWasHere

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
i pre reserved mine at best buy 64gb black at&t.
went in there yesterday for laughs and said they didnt get any and wouldnt for at least a month.
took my chances and went to the local at&t store.
opened at 8am.
was there at 715 with about 25 people already waiting.
got out at 1015.
now i did get a 64gb but in white not black.
so ethier when my sister gets her upgrade in a month ill give her the white and she will get the black one for me.
otherwise when best buy gets it ill just return the other one and suck up the restock fee.

i say usually by now whats out is out.
they may or may not get any more today (last year one store got 2 shipments on launch day for the 4s)
so its possible but not probable.

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Look for a store in area with a lot of seniors or people that aren't really tech savvy. They should have stores nobody really goes too

lol about a couple of thousand peeps have that same idea then you get there and realize its true everyone does that join the apple line at the stores and wait it out its kinda like we had to wait for the pre order.. now i am gonna say this on this forum there were a lot of folks saying they were just going to walk into verizon stores and att stores after they get off work and get one without pre order so i am sure if those folks can do it there has to be a store near you or at least 20 miles within your range that you can go to good luck again post and lets us know if you were able to get one.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
i pre reserved mine at best buy 64gb black at&t.
went in there yesterday for laughs and said they didnt get any and wouldnt for at least a month.

And this is why I only order from Apple. Don't trust the carriers or other retailers with pre orders. Sorry that happened to you. I'd be furious.

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
at 9am the apple store near me had no line whatsoever. Everyone was already in and out. It was very shocking because the iphone 4 event had a huge winding line. At another apple store when the iphone 4 came out, people were camping out (outdoor mall) and they had the inner section arrange into a giant queue. My friend preordered from att on the 14th around 7am, and his wasnt even shipped out. I got mine from Verizon and it arrived today.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
If I hadn't preordered and was striking out on an AT&T version on launch day, I'd try to get a VZW version assuming those were more available

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
at 9am the apple store near me had no line whatsoever. Everyone was already in and out. It was very shocking because the iphone 4 event had a huge winding line. At another apple store when the iphone 4 came out, people were camping out (outdoor mall) and they had the inner section arrange into a giant queue. My friend preordered from att on the 14th around 7am, and his wasnt even shipped out. I got mine from Verizon and it arrived today.

Yeah I think people have a better chance of getting them at apple stores than they think. Lines probably aren't going to be as long as previous years because of the preorders. As more people preorder and apple fulfills those then less people out there waiting in lines.

Jdeezy85

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I preordered but missed the earlier deadline for shipment today. Now gotta wait 2 or more weeks. I'm Jelly of all the people with the ip5s :/

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
And this is why I only order from Apple. Don't trust the carriers or other retailers with pre orders. Sorry that happened to you. I'd be furious.

that is best buy not the carriers. Best buy is notorious for getting really low stock and having too many preorders.

TaliZorah

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
what he said.... if you pre order you are not out driving around trying to find the model but i hope it comes through for you dude keep calling around i am sure there will be a store out there that will have one. good luck.. by the way i am still in my chair in front of my house with a bowl of cereal waiting on ups

Or... if you just go to a non-apple store (AKA a corperate celluar store) you really won't have a problem. I lined up at my local VZW at 6am and was 7th in line. My buddy called at 9am and they said they just got a new shipment after the first rush and had all models and colors.

Of course some of that depends on where you live too but if you are smart and or have the time to be at a store early there is no reason you can't get one on day 1 without a pre-order.

Hellpop

May 6, 2009
Visit site
So Close...

Last week I pre-ordered a little over an hour after it was available and got stuck with the 2 week shipment when I was working in NYC. That was okay, life goes on, yeah? And then I got back to L.A. and was still waking up east coast time. Every morning waking up at 5AM and thinking why I couldn't wake up a 1/2 hour earlier for that fracking pre-order.

Thursday night I check my 2 week order status and I see that it can be cancelled. So Today I get up at 5AM and drive to the nearest Apple store - lines around the block AND down the alley - not worth it. Driving back home I pass an AT&T store and see about 5 people in line.

I go home and dream of iPhones for a while then at 7AM I am in that line at AT&T - maybe 40 people. 45 minutes later the AT&T rep comes out, counts the line and then says that everyone in line will get an iPhone. GREAT! I go online to cancel my pre-order only to find out that I can't. It is in "ready to ship" mode with a 10/05 delivery date. What-WHAT-what!?! "Ready to ship" but I don't get it for 2 weeks?! Are they reading my iPhone bedtime stories before they put it in a box? This is not a Zinfandel in an aged oak barrel, this is my new phone and it should get to me now!

I know what is coming, but I ask AT&T lady anyhow. She confirms my fears - I have already accepted the contract with my 2 weeker so I can't get one today. I ask if I can just buy one without any subsidy and she says that my contract is already attached to the phone I ordered so I can't change it anyway until I get the 2 week phone. I ask if I can just buy a phone at full price and not have it attached to anything and she looks at me like I asked her for a Samsung Galaxy at 8AM on the 21st of September.

I walk away at least happy that there is one person in line closer to their iPhone.

And then I had soup for lunch.

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Last week I pre-ordered a little over an hour after it was available and got stuck with the 2 week shipment when I was working in NYC. That was okay, life goes on, yeah? And then I got back to L.A. and was still waking up east coast time. Every morning waking up at 5AM and thinking why I couldn't wake up a 1/2 hour earlier for that fracking pre-order.

Thursday night I check my 2 week order status and I see that it can be cancelled. So Today I get up at 5AM and drive to the nearest Apple store - lines around the block AND down the alley - not worth it. Driving back home I pass an AT&T store and see about 5 people in line.

I go home and dream of iPhones for a while then at 7AM I am in that line at AT&T - maybe 40 people. 45 minutes later the AT&T rep comes out, counts the line and then says that everyone in line will get an iPhone. GREAT! I go online to cancel my pre-order only to find out that I can't. It is in "ready to ship" mode with a 10/05 delivery date. What-WHAT-what!?! "Ready to ship" but I don't get it for 2 weeks?! Are they reading my iPhone bedtime stories before they put it in a box? This is not a Zinfandel in an aged oak barrel, this is my new phone and it should get to me now!

I know what is coming, but I ask AT&T lady anyhow. She confirms my fears - I have already accepted the contract with my 2 weeker so I can't get one today. I ask if I can just buy one without any subsidy and she says that my contract is already attached to the phone I ordered so I can't change it anyway until I get the 2 week phone. I ask if I can just buy a phone at full price and not have it attached to anything and she looks at me like I asked her for a Samsung Galaxy at 8AM on the 21st of September.

I walk away at least happy that there is one person in line closer to their iPhone.

And then I had soup for lunch.

dauuuum sorry to hear that story its tragic indeed hope you get yours a little earlier than what it says i got mines today i stay up for the pre order every year its one day that i will not get to bed until 2:40 central time but its worth it hope next year you get the new one on release day good night or good morning to some....

cocochannel

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
So today, I walk by an at&t store, I'm like let me go and ask u never know.

So I asked this chick do you have the iphone 5, she' s like no sorry... pause... only 64gb.
Im like yaaayy! girl this is WHAT I WANT! She's like ok.
So this guy takes care of me. I show him my ID and he says it's expired. (It expired last week.) I''m like heere is my college ID, my Gym ID, My credits card. you can see on the pictures its me. The point of checking ID is if you are the right person. He's like let me ask the manager. The manager comes and say no you need a non-expired state ID and treats me like ****. Im like does passport work, he's like yes. I ask if he's got a lot of 64gb left he says yes about 20. Im like ok let me go home ill be back in 20min.

I go home get my passport, I get to the store excited. They make me wait online again and as soon as its my turn he's like oh the customer next to you on the other register is taking the last phone. Im like dammmmn this is not fair at all. AT&T is just terrible, worse experience ever.
Now I have no phone and super depressed. (Im not depressed just because of the phone but this is adding to it)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods