Official iPhone 5 line-up tailgate party!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Preordered with delivery for Oct 5.

Went to closest Verizon store at 6:15. #6 in line. In the door at 8, would have been out by 8:20, except that my shiny new iPhone (white) was damaged out of the box. No replacement on launch day. I have defective phone (it works, just dinged up in manufacturing). Waiting patiently for call to come in and replace.

Bittersweet.. . . :confused:
Wow that sucks:(

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
LOL, I find it amusing people don't go to the wireless carrier's retail stores instead. One of my coworkers here goes to the AT&T store at like 6am launch day (did that today as well), and is usually 4th or 5th in line.

Why bother getting in line at an Apple Store? I almost think it's for the experience over getting the phone :p

I did the same @ local Verizon store. LOTS of options in a small--ish city: we have Apple and Verizon and At&T and Walmart and Target and Best Buy and Radio Shack and Sprint and I am sure I'm forgetting something. Pulled into Verizon @ 6:15, into the store with first group of six at 8am, out by 8:30.

Verizon pre-order canceled while I restored backup and sipped my coffee!

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Get it yet???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nope. Staring wide eyed at the driveway monitor fiddling with one of my sons baby toys. I feel like Pookie from new jack city right now, just waiting for my fix.

Sent from my i4 using Tapatalk

juleguilfoyle

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Staring wide eyed at the driveway monitor fiddling with one of my sons baby toys. I feel like Pookie from new jack city right now, just waiting for my fix.

I think we are the last ones. I have mine but another appt in 5 minutes. Fingers crossed that you will have yours soon

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I think we are the last ones. I have mine but another appt in 5 minutes. Fingers crossed that you will have yours soon

Thank you and congratulations! I just don't get how it says its been on the vehicle for delivery since 6:00a and its now 3:00p. Oh well, patience is a virtue.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'll be hitting an Apple store this weekend just to play with a demo unit :D The Eaton Center here was like a ghost town compared to the iPhone 4 launch. What you see in the picture is it that is the entire line!!!

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Waited all night, sorry I didn't get on the iMore thread. I spent most of my night sleeping or at least trying.
As a first time camping out, I'll say that it was pretty awesome. Everyone was really nice and we all kept each others place in line for food and bathroom breaks.

malcolm35

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'll be hitting an Apple store this weekend just to play with a demo unit :D The Eaton Center here was like a ghost town compared to the iPhone 4 launch. What you see in the picture is it that is the entire line!!!

If you were to go to Sherway mall the line was even shorter than that! waited about 10mins aha:D

diaz2010

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I am loving my iPhone 5!! I got out of the Apple Store Saddle Creek in Germantown, TN at about 8:30 this morning. I was just to tired to make a post. As everyone has stated it is unbelievably light. The people who were in line were great fun as always. However, the security guard had a chip on his shoulder and wouldn't let us use extension cords and the tv crews wouldn't let us sleep... I hope everyone had a great time. Even though the lines were not very long 90% of the reason to be in line is the great experience. It was definitely worth the wait!

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
I am going to see if my carrier store has any left when I go to lunch tomorrow and how long the line is. If I can't get one then I'm not sure what I will do. But I am not taking off work and standing in another 12 hour line at the Apple store.

I was able to get one during my lunch, there was only one person ahead of me and we both got called at the same time. I wanted a black 32GB, but got a white 64GB and I also got an Otterbox to protect it. Very happy. I was in and out in less than 45 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73