Music and Contacts

BhamBB

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Once i get my iPhone 5, how do i transfer all the music from my iPhone 4 to the new one? Also how will i be able to transfer my contacts?

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
shouldn't that be saved in the cloud if not on itunes i thought you could just sync the phone with itunes and it would bring your songs back and icloud stores your contacts

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Sync and backup your current iphone to iTunes and then when you are setting up the new one, do "restore from backup" and sync with iTunes. iCloud does store a lot of the stuff for you but only up to 5GB if you haven't paid for more. Your contact and calendar and stuff like that will automatically show up if they are synced to iCloud. I always sync my pictures and media to iTunes because iCloud free doesn't have enough space. See the below.

iOS: Transferring information from your current iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a new device

BhamBB

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Sync and backup your current iphone to iTunes and then when you are setting up the new one, do "restore from backup" and sync with iTunes. iCloud does store a lot of the stuff for you but only up to 5GB if you haven't paid for more. Your contact and calendar and stuff like that will automatically show up if they are synced to iCloud. I always sync my pictures and media to iTunes because iCloud free doesn't have enough space. See the below.

iOS: Transferring information from your current iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a new device

So iCloud doesn't back up your music, correct?

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Only music that you have purchased via iTunes and then you can redownload it on the new device. If you purchases iTunes match for 24.99 then you can download all of your music. But this is depends on if iTune can "match" your songs. To me, when it comes to syncing music, I like to do it on iTunes. Everything else if fine for the cloud. Just my opinion. Maybe they'll will help you:

Apple - iCloud - All your content on all your devices.

greidel

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't use iCloud, only iTunes. I have an iPhone 4 now, but I haven't updated to iOS 6. Do I need to do that first before using the "backup/restore from backup" method? Would it "restore" my new iPhone 5 to iOS 5, or does it just do content?

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't use iCloud, only iTunes. I have an iPhone 4 now, but I haven't updated to iOS 6. Do I need to do that first before using the "backup/restore from backup" method? Would it "restore" my new iPhone 5 to iOS 5, or does it just do content?

Your iPhone 5 will come with iOS 6 on it so it won't/can't restore it to iOS 5. Restore is mostly used for settings and things like the camera roll. It wouldn't hurt though to update your phone to iOS 6 first but I don't think it would be an issue.

Reactions: greidel

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
So music not purchased from iTunes (i.e. ripped cds) cannot be backed up?

Yes it can it you buy iTunes match. Again, iTunes would have to recognize them and "match" them to what's in the iTunes store. Again, this is only if you want to do over the cloud. All of this is avoided if you just hook it up to your computer sync through iTunes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh