Can you order a phone at retail(verizon) and not activate it right away? I was told you can if you go to an Apple Store. But can you do it online or over the phone?

Thanks,
    09-19-2012 01:20 PM
    Can you order a phone at retail(verizon) and not activate it right away? I was told you can if you go to an Apple Store. But can you do it online or over the phone?

Thanks,
    When you order online, it'll be associated with the phone number on the account. However, once you receive the device you don't have to activate it immediately but a pending transaction would be associated to that account. I'm not sure they can do anything since you paid full retail. Just curious, but what exactly are you trying to do?

And yes, in the past I have bought a phone full retail fromApple in store and they didn't even take it out the box. Just took my payment, gave me the phone. That was with the 4. Not sure what they do now.
    09-19-2012 01:28 PM
    With my plan I cannot buy the phone. I just want to buy it retail and wait till I can put it on my account. I can use my phone now as hotspot, anyway. Online it won't let me pre-order. I really don't want to drive 152 miles to an Apple Store.
    09-19-2012 01:37 PM
    With my plan I cannot buy the phone. I just want to buy it retail and wait till I can put it on my account. I can use my phone now as hotspot, anyway. Online it won't let me pre-order. I really don't want to drive 152 miles to an Apple Store.
    this thread has confised me greatly. explain again why you would need to visit an apple store to activate your phone? dont you just grab a nano sim from your carrier, pop it in and off you go>?
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    09-19-2012 01:41 PM
    I have an employee account. I just want to buy the phone at retail and NOT activate till I can put it on my account. Can I order online or phone this way?
    09-19-2012 01:44 PM
    Ok I think I see. Since you have an employee account they won't let you guys get a phone, correct? So you want to just buy one and hold it until they let you guys activate it. But here's the thing, if you order it online at this point by the time you get it, it would seem they would let you guys activate, no? I mean Apple's site is talking 3-4 weeks right now.
    09-19-2012 01:47 PM
    I don't know, I could be two months before we could put it on our accounts. I guess I'll just keep trying online till it lets me.
    09-19-2012 01:52 PM
    I don't know, I could be two months before we could put it on our accounts. I guess I'll just keep trying online till it lets me.
    I'd be careful I used to work there and one of my coworker ordered one and they found out and they canned him.
    09-19-2012 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD