AT&T, Verizon, or Sprint

Which provider will you be using with your new iPhone 5?

• AT&T

Votes: 23 31.1%
  • Sprint

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Verizon

Votes: 38 51.4%
  • T-Mobile (unlocked)

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I don't live in the USA

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters

greasyg2006

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Quick poll. Curious what provider everyone here is going to be using with their iPhone 5. Feel free to give some reasons why you decided to choose one provider over the other.

Since I can't keep my unlimited data with Verizon once I upgrade (unless I pay full retail price on the phone), I have finally decide to head to AT&T for the iPhone 5.

Reasons for jumping to AT&T
- 3gb data for the same price as Verizon's 2gb data plan.
- Sprint has horrible and slow reception in my neighborhood (girlfriend uses Sprint), plus Sprint LTE is not yet in Nashville.

Last edited:

UKFan643

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I travel a lot and as of today, Verizon still has the best national coverage, best LTE coverage, and best performance in large metropolitan areas. I'm sticking with them, even though I go from unlimited to 2gb.

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Woah, somebody is actually leaving Verizon for AT&T? That's like swimming upstream!

I am switching from AT&T to Verizon because I travel around the country for work and want the most LTE coverage. I have the Verizon LTE iPad 3 and its awesome. Trust me, once you go LTE, there's no going back! I don't want to ever not see the little LTE icon on the top-left of my screen!!

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I have had Verizon for a little over a year after having AT&T for the previous 5 years. I switched because AT&T is awful where I live (still no 3G service if you can believe that and I am not by any means in the sticks). With Verizon I am surrounded by 3G and LTE. So for me it was a no brainer plus I got in when unlimited data was still offered.
Where AT&T offers a solid signal I think it is just fine. I do think it is bogus that they are charging for Facetime on 3G but then, they do offer simultaneous data/voice which Verizon does not (on the iphone 5).
In the end it boils down to where you will use your phone the most. If both AT&T and Verizon are solid where you live, I would then look at which you can have unlimited. If you can, or cannot, have unlimited on both then I would look at price. In my world, great signal is priority, unlimited data is second priority, and cost is third. Customer service these days is about the same no matter where you go depending on what you want and who you get on the phone. Good luck!!

PS, sorry I didnt mention Sprint. They dont factor in anything I use.

pogeypre

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
My iPad is on Verizon as well and LTE is awesome. That being said, I have gone over my allowance on my iPad several times due to the 2gb of data. Having 3gb on my ATT iPhone is exactly right for me.

ALborntoride

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
moving from ATT to Verizon. I've got the same reason as most other people...ATT does not have good service where i am while Verizon has LTE and everyone says only good things about them. I've had them before so i'm excited about being on the Big Red network.:cool:

greasyg2006

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Woah, somebody is actually leaving Verizon for AT&T? That's like swimming upstream!

I am switching from AT&T to Verizon because I travel around the country for work and want the most LTE coverage. I have the Verizon LTE iPad 3 and its awesome. Trust me, once you go LTE, there's no going back! I don't want to ever not see the little LTE icon on the top-left of my screen!!

I know, it was a hard choice, but I don't travel much and AT&T has great LTE coverage in Nashville (or so I'm told). Plus, when I am not on LTE, AT&T's HSPA+ is much speedier than either Verizon's or Sprint's 3G connections.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
reluctantly AT&T... it was either paying ETF and going to VZW, or paying the partial upgrade price and staying with at&t... devil you know vs devil you don't know I guess...

I call and travel to Canada often, so figured the A1429 (GSM/LTE) was a wiser choice in the end, plus my area is not LTE yet (for neither at&t or vzw and who knows when), so HSPA is faster here than VZW EVDO - and the simultaneous voice/data on the at&t version as well as having an ipad lte for at&t made it a bit easier to chose to stick with at&t - for now anyways... Starting from scratch, I would have gone VZW though I think

Last edited:

cjdaniel

Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
Verizon, I would prefer to have simultaneous voice and data, but not at the expense of dropped calls, n coverage and sound quality. That is the trade off in my area.

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
AT&T for me. They recently rolled out LTE here, and in the nearby town that I visit frequently. No need to jump ship.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Verizon. Mainly because it's my family plan, but I probably would have chosen VZW anyways due to the fact that AT&T is horrible where I live...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Have current iPhone on Att and new iPad on Vzn. Sticking with Att due to LTE at my house an no LTE on Vzn at home.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Verizon paying full price to keep my unlimited data. May switch once my contract is up but who knows maybe by then verizon will wise up and bring back some of their old plans( not talking about unlimited, but the 2gb they used to have)

ZDriver

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Have current iPhone on Att and new iPad on Vzn. Sticking with Att due to LTE at my house an no LTE on Vzn at home.

Can we somehow work out a trade I am just the opposite??? Do you have 3rd Gen Ipad?? Interested at all?? I have 2 @ 16gb only 4 and 6 weeks old, mint.. let me know. Thanks

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm in with AT&T for another 2 years. They have the best coverage in my area, great customer service every time I call, I receive a 24% discount With them each month.

Oh, and now this: :D

a8agy2yb.jpg

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2