Are you in line for the iPhone 5? Will you be in line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Still gauging how early I'll need to show up on Friday this year but I'll be there sometime very early in the morning.

Last year, I showed up at approximately 3am and was already the 3rd person in line...I was still the 3rd person in line by 6:30am and the line grew to maybe 20 people by 8am when the store opened.

The local Sprint store made the process really painless and easy (although I do believe there were at least a few Apple employees directing traffic) so even with a steady line of about 20 it seemed to go pretty quickly, I just prefer to be in and out as fast as possible so I can have the rest of my day off to play!!

mtcowdog

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I hate lines but will drive by the local Verizon store Friday morning. And, a commuting cyclist, I hate driving. But I am ready to pick up an iPhone 5.

jMunar

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I waited in line for the iPhone 4 for 2 days. Great experience but never again. I have mine pre-ordered and shipped, will be here tomorrow! :)

stillzmatik

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I will wait for a couple hours at the local AT&T store. They are expecting around 40 units. Shouldn't be a problem to snag one up. Pre-order from Target due in tomorrow or Saturday just in case. :)

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Our AT&T store (1 store in a 45 mile radius for a city of 125,000 people) is opening at 8:00. I plan on being there by 6:00.

Wife wants a black 32GB, I'm getting a white 64GB, so even if I can't get hers hopefully I'll get mine. :p

pogeypre

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Must arrive earliest if you want the 16gb. Can arrive later if you want the 64gb.

(The above is merely conjecture and not a suggestion of action on my part. If you take the above advice, I cannot be held liable because I told you it might be bull crap)

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Just cancelled my 3 preorders. I live near a small town that has a corp. Verizon store. I'm just going to go down there at around 7AM to pick up 3. I don't think they'll have much of a line, it's pretty rural lol.

I too live in an extremely rural area with a Verizon store. Most everybody I know is still picking up the 4S and may not even know about the 5. But, I have to wait until the 27th as I currently don't have the funds to get one tomorrow. Would love to line up if I lived in a larger area.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Apart of me wants to camp out late tonight/ early tomorrow morning but the other part of me is saying its stupid to do so, I already have it pre ordered but I wouldn't have it until October 5th. I am worried that if I cancel my pre order from apple and brave the crowd tomorrow I might walk away empty handed and I would have to wait even longer than october 5th to get an iphone 5. I did camp out for the iphone 4 and stood in line for 4am to 5:30pm (which is when I got my phone) it was fun I met some cool people and some douchebags unfortunately but it was still a good experience, the people I stood in line with were like family by the end of the experience lol. What should I do, cancel pre order from apple.com and camp out or just wait until its shipped to my house October 5th??? What would you do?

Alienware_51#IM

Aug 11, 2008
Visit site
I too live in an extremely rural area with a Verizon store. Most everybody I know is still picking up the 4S and may not even know about the 5. But, I have to wait until the 27th as I currently don't have the funds to get one tomorrow. Would love to line up if I lived in a larger area.

Rural FTW. I'm going to the Verizon corporate store in Alpena, MI. Population of around 10,000. They open at 8AM, but I'm probably going to get there at 5:30AM. I called the store and they aren't expecting "tons" of units, but wouldn't elaborate what "tons" is. I know last year they have iPhone 4S's well into the afternoon, but I have a feeling that A) They will be selling more iPhone 5's this year B) They won't have as much stock. Better early than late :)

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Apart of me wants to camp out late tonight/ early tomorrow morning but the other part of me is saying its stupid to do so, I already have it pre ordered but I wouldn't have it until October 5th. I am worried that if I cancel my pre order from apple and brave the crowd tomorrow I might walk away empty handed and I would have to wait even longer than october 5th to get an iphone 5. I did camp out for the iphone 4 and stood in line for 4am to 5:30pm (which is when I got my phone) it was fun I met some cool people and some douchebags unfortunately but it was still a good experience, the people I stood in line with were like family by the end of the experience lol. What should I do, cancel pre order from apple.com and camp out or just wait until its shipped to my house October 5th??? What would you do?

if you are going to camp out dont cancel your pre order until you pick up ur iphone from the store. why cancel before lining up?

GreatNeal

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Preordered from my carrier provider in Singapore. Hopefully the launch with fixed appointment dates means I don't have to queue.

asapp

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
extremely ticked off

AT&T cancelled both of my orders. Premier says it will be between 14-21 days before delivery.
Will the stores at least tell you they have a shipment? I live in a very small town, but we do have an AT&T store here - I don't want to camp there and they dont get a shipment because they are in a small town. Then I would need to drive at least 40 miles to the next closest store. I AM NOT A HAPPY PERSON TODAY!!!!!

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I have a question, I have the phone pre ordered on apple.com with a delivery date of October 5th. The order status says processing, I just want to know if my credit card has been charged or not for the phone. Or will the only charge you once the phone has been shipped? Also will a lost my upgrade eligblity if I camp out and not cancel my pre order ( I am getting the 200 16GB White/Sliver Iphone 5). Thanks in advance!

I ask because I am seriously thinking of camping out again. I would call apple to ask these questions, but I am currently updating my iphone 4 to IOS 6.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
if you are going to camp out dont cancel your pre order until you pick up ur iphone from the store. why cancel before lining up?

True, but I was eligable for an upgrade for At&t and I currently have the 16gb White/Silver phone pre ordered on apple.com for 200 bucks. I just talked to apple and my card has not been charged yet for the phone (they will charge me when they are getting ready to ship, delivery date is October 5th) but If I camp out tonight/early tomorrow morning and manage to get in line for a phone, will I still be able to get the phone for 200 bucks or would I have to cancel my pre order first?

jon01

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
True, but I was eligable for an upgrade for At&t and I currently have the 16gb White/Silver phone pre ordered on apple.com for 200 bucks. I just talked to apple and my card has not been charged yet for the phone (they will charge me when they are getting ready to ship, delivery date is October 5th) but If I camp out tonight/early tomorrow morning and manage to get in line for a phone, will I still be able to get the phone for 200 bucks or would I have to cancel my pre order first?

i had the same question so i called at&t and apple. both said they will be able to take care of it. you may want to call the store you are getting the phone at and just make sure though.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
i had the same question so i called at&t and apple. both said they will be able to take care of it. you may want to call the store you are getting the phone at and just make sure though.

Alright cool, I am planning on camping out at my local apple store (which is inside a mall, so I will have to wait in the parking garage) but like you said I think they can take care of it. If not, if I know for sure I am getting a phone tomorrow, then I will just use my iphone 4 internet browser and cancel my pre order before I walk up to buy it.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I waited in line for the iPhone 4 for 2 days. Great experience but never again. I have mine pre-ordered and shipped, will be here tomorrow! :)

Even though it was a tiring experience, my iphone 4 launch was pretty fun. I met some very cool people and my apple store feed us all free breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Chic Fil la chicken biscuits and blue berry muffins for breakfast, Pizza Hut for lunch, and California Pizza Kitchen pasta for dinner, drinks were water and juice.

canguler87

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Any comments about Europe? Especially Munich Apple Store line.. New iPad line was more crowded than expected.. Went there around 5 a.m and was able to buy it at about 10:30 a.m. Now I'm wondering if it may be possible to be there a little bit later about 7 a.m or something like that.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro