FInally making the switch from years of being a BB user and OS6 looks like many BB functions are now available.

Can anyone confirm if the iPhone 5 and OS6 will perform the following actions? :-

1. Can you forward a Voicemail message (via text or email?)
    2. Can you forward a text message to another cell number?
    3. Does the new iPhone 5 have any blinking Notification Lights?
    4. Can you multi task easily between tasks? i.e whilst typing a text, move back and forth between Emails and then make a call at the same time?
    5. Can the new OS6 now attach files, pdfs, pics to Emails as attachments (not inside the email text body)?
    6. Does OS6 allow you to now change ringtones from your own music? Can you also change pre set Alarms to your own music? If not, are there Apps for that?

Thanks in advance - looking forward to moving over!
    09-19-2012 01:07 AM
    FInally making the switch from years of being a BB user and OS6 looks like many BB functions are now available.

Can anyone confirm if the iPhone 5 and OS6 will perform the following actions? :-

4. Can you multi task easily between tasks? i.e whilst typing a text, move back and forth between Emails and then make a call at the same time?
    5. Can the new OS6 now attach files, pdfs, pics to Emails as attachments (not inside the email text body)?
    6. Does OS6 allow you to now change ringtones from your own music? Can you also change pre set Alarms to your own music? If not, are there Apps for that?

Thanks in advance - looking forward to moving over!
    1) Not that I am aware of
    2) Yes
    3) You can set it so your flash goes off during the first text, but it doesn't do it all the time like BB
    4) You can, idk if you would consider it easy or not
    5) It can
    6) You can do your alarms, but not ringtones without adding it to ringtones on iTunes.
    09-19-2012 01:13 AM
    My opinion is to move on Android because it provides all features that do you wants.
    09-19-2012 02:14 AM

Yes. you can use google voice to do this

How to Forward Voice Mail Messages on an iPhone | eHow.com

yes. I've done it. If you're new to iphone it's not obvious how to do it. here's how. if you're in the text app, in a text thread with somebody, you touch the edit button, (top right) select the text and then you have the option of deleting or forwarding it. (Buttons will appear at bottom of screen)

not like blackberry. if you pull the phone from your pocket, and simply touch the hard button on the top of the phone, it will light up to the unlock screen, and show missed calls, texts, emails, etc. right from the lock screen.

It's beter than the blinking light because not only do you know WHAT you missed, a simple swipe and it takes you right to the app, to email, to the phone, to the text app, to facebook, whatever.

yes.

pics and videos yes. other stuff, there's apps that let you do it. and if you get any file type, it will send it to whatever app you like. I use files pro. It opens all kinds of files, and lets you email them, or save files from emails. you can even drag stuff to and from that app from your computer, or icloud)

There's been apps for that for ages. I know iOS six has more options for this. but if its not what you want, you'll easily be able to get around it.
    09-19-2012 05:22 AM
    I think you are even able to send voice message from iMessage.. I saw it in a thread somewhere but I couldn't find it now.. I will post it as soon as I find it..
    09-19-2012 05:58 AM
    I am really going to miss the blackberry notification light. I was able to see who contacted me, how they contacted me-- all without even touching or unlocking my phone. It was great at work when my phones always on vibrate. Yes the iphone allows the camera flash to blink, but its not the same. On blackberry i could have my wifes calls and text blink purple, work blink red yellow blue, missed calls red white, fully charged flash all colors, etc. It was great and very quick. The notification system is the same on blackberry where you can open the message from the lock screen too. All my calls are largely work calls now anyways so i decided needing the notification light and lte wasnt worth getting an android in itself. Ill try out ios now and bb10 may deliver something nice, but im not expecting it to.
    09-19-2012 07:05 AM
    Thanks for all the responses - all encouraging! Will try to get an iPhone this Friday!
    09-19-2012 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD