The three functions I really wish they had added

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
I don't understand why they didn't add the following:

First: Why can't there be an option to close all apps or to select the apps you want to close as opposed to having to close them one by one?

Second: Why does it have to be so hard to turn on/off Bluetooth and WiFi? I leave my WiFi on all the time, but I only turn my bluetooth on when I am driving and it is so time consuming to get to it in the settings. I was lucky enough to find an app that I can click on from the home screen before Apple removed it, but it isn't always accurate and I have to go into settings and connect sometimes.

Third: Why are we limited to only 12 apps in a folder?

I could care less about NFC, Widgets and live backgrounds. I want functionality.

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
you might want to get one of those DROIDS if you want to do all of that you might have out grown it looking for how to turn on bluetooth in the menus as to making a huge widget sitting on your home screen that you can tap. maybe its time to move on or test the waters i did and i find myself right back or do the jailbreak i personally think the phone is set up great as it is there are options out there

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Second: Why does it have to be so hard to turn on/off Bluetooth and WiFi? I leave my WiFi on all the time, but I only turn my bluetooth on when I am driving and it is so time consuming to get to it in the settings. I was lucky enough to find an app that I can click on from the home screen before Apple removed it, but it isn't always accurate and I have to go into settings and connect sometimes.

Bluetooth setting in iOS6 has now moved to the top of the general settings menu. Removing 2 steps in iOS5. Better than nothing.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
That's an awesome twist...

Interesting... haven't heard or seen that yet. That will be nice if true...

read the CNET review in the link below and it was talked about during the event

iPhone 5 Meta-Review: A Better iPhone In Every Way

CNET

Secondly, the screen size lengthening is subtle: but, like the Retina Display, you're going to have a hard time going back once you've used it. The extra space adds a lot to document viewing areas above the keyboard, landscape-oriented video playback (larger size and less letterboxing), and home-page organizing (an extra row of icons/folders). Who knows what game developers will dream up, but odds are that extra space on the sides in landscape mode will be handily used by virtual buttons and controls.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I read that as the fifth row of icons and or folders... not necessarily within a folder. I guess it could mean that, but I'm not sure...

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I read that as the fifth row of icons and or folders... not necessarily within a folder. I guess it could mean that, but I'm not sure...

yeah, i think that is what that review is pertaining too as well

but i swear i saw them talk about an extra row of icons within a folder

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the Bluetooth and wifi on/off switch. My iPhone 4 is currently jail broken and I have it so you just swipe down notification center and it's located on top and I can turn it on or off there and it's so easy because I only turn Bluetooth on when I link it to my car and I sometimes then wifi off while on campus because my schools wifi is usually pretty slow and 3G is faster; I will definitely miss that feature

emozdashietxp

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the Bluetooth and wifi on/off switch. My iPhone 4 is currently jail broken and I have it so you just swipe down notification center and it's located on top and I can turn it on or off there and it's so easy because I only turn Bluetooth on when I link it to my car and I sometimes then wifi off while on campus because my schools wifi is usually pretty slow and 3G is faster; I will definitely miss that feature
honestly, the only reason why i jailbreak my phone..then i just like to customize my theme LMAO
635317812.jpg

619002570.jpg

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why they didn't add the following:

First: Why can't there be an option to close all apps or to select the apps you want to close as opposed to having to close them one by one?

Third: Why are we limited to only 12 apps in a folder?

I could care less about NFC, Widgets and live backgrounds. I want functionality.

First: Jailbreak

Second: Jailbreak

Third: Jailbreak

...Jailbreak.

P.S. - Jailbreak

dalvik

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
the only function I really wish they had added is the text re-flow in safari. very often i come across a webpage where the text is so small that I have to strain my eyes to read it even in the landscape mode, And this really really lame "reader" feature just needs to go. I don't care about all other things mentioned here, i just need a normal text re-flow One would think it would be a common sense to have this feature since the first iPhone and yet its the iPhone 5 and it is still not there. I just don't get it, is it so hard to add this functionality?
Now about other things available for jailbroken iphones, this is BS. not all people know how to jailbreak their phones and there are millions of them who will never jailbreak it. Not mention that you have to wait for jailbreak for hell knows how long before you can even do that. text re-flow is not even available in jailbreak. things like that should be in the OS out of the box,.

Last edited:

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
There are jailbreak options for all 3 of these ...

I didn't jailbreak my 4 and don't think I should have to do that for these simple options. I appreciate those of you that do take the time to do that, I am just not one of them.

i believe with the 5 you can add 4 more apps per folder

I think what the CNET article meant was you could add an additional individual app or a folder to the fifth row, not that you could add an additional row to each of the folders, but if I am wrong that would be better than what we have now.

you might want to get one of those DROIDS if you want to do all of that you might have out grown it looking for how to turn on bluetooth in the menus as to making a huge widget sitting on your home screen that you can tap. maybe its time to move on or test the waters i did and i find myself right back or do the jailbreak i personally think the phone is set up great as it is there are options out there

I did quite a bit of research about which phone should be my next one. I looked at the new Note 2 that is coming out, I looked at the SIII and others and none could compare to the iPhone for what I am using it for and what I want. Remember each phone is picked by someone based on their preferences and needs and right now iPhone has all the other phones beat for stablilty, reliablity and usability. And no I am not an Apple fan. My last phone was a Blackberry and if they could of kept up with technology and function with reliabilty and stablity I would have stayed with them.

Bluetooth setting in iOS6 has now moved to the top of the general settings menu. Removing 2 steps in iOS5. Better than nothing.

That is fantastic, I hadn't heard that before.

the only function I really wish they had added is the text re-flow in safari. very often i come across a webpage where the text is so small that I have to strain my eyes to read it even in the landscape mode, And this really really lame "reader" feature just needs to go. I don't care about all other things mentioned here, i just need a normal text re-flow One would think it would be a common sense to have this feature since the first iPhone and yet its the iPhone 5 and it is still not there. I just don't get it, is it so hard to add this functionality?
Now about other things available for jailbroken iphones, this is BS. not all people know how to jailbreak their phones and there are millions of them who will never jailbreak it. Not mention that you have to wait for jailbreak for hell knows how long before you can even do that. text re-flow is not even available in jailbreak. things like that should be in the OS out of the box,.

I totally agree with this. I am having a hard time as well reading some web sites and text in apps like Facebook that don't let you zoom. I was hoping that the iPhone 5 would improve that, but I'm not sure it will. And I totally agree with your jailbreak statement.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I didn't jailbreak my 4 and don't think I should have to do that for these simple options. I appreciate those of you that do take the time to do that, I am just not one of them.

Sure you don't have to...but when an option you so badly want is available (FREE mind you), why wouldn't you? I like to have a 5 icon dock...you can't do that natively so i jailbreak at the very least so i can have that feature. I still don't understand the people who refuse to jailbreak...especially since it literally takes no effort and is not permanent in case you were worried about warranty issues or whatever (though honestly, Apple still honors warranties with an iPhone jailbroken...every iPhone ive had has been JB'ed and I've brought it in and had no problems).

dalvik

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Sure you don't have to...but when an option you so badly want is available (FREE mind you), why wouldn't you? I like to have a 5 icon dock...you can't do that natively so i jailbreak at the very least so i can have that feature. I still don't understand the people who refuse to jailbreak...especially since it literally takes no effort and is not permanent in case you were worried about warranty issues or whatever (though honestly, Apple still honors warranties with an iPhone jailbroken...every iPhone ive had has been JB'ed and I've brought it in and had no problems).
Really? Are you sure about this? Jailbreak voids the warranty last time I checked. Also as to why people refuse to jailbreak. I use just two tweaks: tethering and FaceTime over 3G and my iPhone very often acts funny, most of the times i have to switch the data off and back on because Internet wouldn't work and some apps would not respond to any taps inside of them (like it happened with email app yesterday) usually a complete reboot fixes that. So yes, I totally agree with the previous poster. Jailbreak should NOT be needed in order to have basic functionalities.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I am not jailbroken. My point was that these are easy tweaks if you were to jailbreak. And if you HAVE to have these tweaks, that's the only way for now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox