My friend's jailbroken iPhone 4 had a broken connector port apple refused to service it even though it was under the warranty period.
    Also, I'm perfectly aware of the reversal process and there is no need to call me dumb (I may be even smarter that you) My point is that while the iPhone in itself is a very good quality built device the operating system lacks some very important features which they still wouldn't add up to now. And there shouldn't be a need to resort to hacking your device and endangering your warranty just to obtain these features. That's all.
    You don't endanger your warranty by jailbreaking. That's all.
    09-19-2012 12:08 PM
    You don't endanger your warranty by jailbreaking. That's all.
    OK as you say.
    09-19-2012 12:14 PM
    @iphonefizzle. I agree with you. Coming from a Pre to Android (1st Photon) to iPhone I got to say the phone is great as is. Still I suppose jailbreak territory can be a little intimidating to some. I know it is for me. Haven't gotten the guts to do it yet. Honestly I really don't miss the widgets. I think I would jailbreak though just to get around some of the ridiculous carriers' demands. JMO.
    09-19-2012 12:17 PM
    @iphonefizzle. I agree with you. Coming from a Pre to Android (1st Photon) to iPhone I got to say the phone is great as is. Still I suppose jailbreak territory can be a little intimidating to some. I know it is for me. Haven't gotten the guts to do it yet. Honestly I really don't miss the widgets. I think I would jailbreak though just to get around some of the ridiculous carriers' demands. JMO.
    Jailbreak (especially for 4s) is ridiculously easy, it takes literary 1-2 minutes it is easy even for non-techies. I was hesitant to do it at first because my iPhone was working flawlessly and we know that jailbreak can mess things up. Than I realised I need the FaceTime over 3G and tethering these are only two features really I'm using right now as I want to keep my phone as less tweaked as possible. However I do have occasional annoying system hiccups. I will be updating my iPad to iOS 6 since I don't really use jailbreak features on it but will hold back on updating my iPhone
    09-19-2012 12:28 PM
    Second: Why does it have to be so hard to turn on/off Bluetooth and WiFi? I leave my WiFi on all the time, but I only turn my bluetooth on when I am driving and it is so time consuming to get to it in the settings. I was lucky enough to find an app that I can click on from the home screen before Apple removed it, but it isn't always accurate and I have to go into settings and connect sometimes.
    I could care less about NFC, Widgets and live backgrounds. I want functionality.
    I am coming back to iPhone after leaving for BlackBerry/Android when I had my iPhone 3G. One of the biggest things I will miss about Android is the ability to switch the Bluetooth/WiFi/GPS etc on and off with ease.

To those that are suggesting a jailbreak, I am coming back to iOS to get away from having to hack away at my phone to make it operate smoothly. That is what I love about iOS it's so perfect as is but it is missing this switching functionality.

Also, all that other stuff is completely overrated. I barely used any widgets in the Android environment because of the battery drain and clutter that it caused. I did use some, but not many. Live backgrounds, also a battery drainer. NFC is no where close to being relevant/widely adopted and until it is, I feel like it's fine without it.
    pink2 likes this.
    09-19-2012 12:35 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD