Anodizing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Scroll down to "anodized aluminum" in fact it looks like it has a low to moderate wear resistance
    Quote: " Anodized aluminium surfaces are harder than aluminium but have low to moderate wear resistance, although this can be improved with thickness and sealing"
    09-19-2012 09:24 AM
    If there is any wearing off it must be really moderate because they didn't have pics of this claim. So moderate that it's something that can't even be captured in a picture.

It will totally suck if this is true. I don't use a case for shiit.
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    09-19-2012 10:20 AM
    Getting the Otterbox case for mine just like the 4S. Even after a year of abuse, the phone still looks like it does when I bought it.
    09-19-2012 10:36 AM
    Getting the Otterbox case for mine just like the 4S. Even after a year of abuse, the phone still looks like it does when I bought it.
    same here and I will probably be going with a Lifeproof this time. I'm still kinda hesitant about believing this until I hear about real world cases.
    09-19-2012 10:41 AM
    Let's hope a company like Apple did not let that happen to perhaps it's biggest release of any iOS devices yet - when 75% of the buyers will probably choose black as always. That would be terrible. There's probably already 3 millions pre-ordered black iP5 now, and more will be sold on launch day. If that problem should occur on a large scale, you can bet Apple might not make those big Christmas sales they're banking on unless they move quick and fast - and that will probably include replacements of faulty units.

I'm not too worried, though. I'll believe it when I'll see it - and I'm pretty sure I won't. Do you really think Apple would take such a risk to have to call back production, even replace sold units, because they needed to rethink PAINT??!!?!!
    09-19-2012 12:52 PM
    There is no way they did not test this out before releasing. I am sure they put it through all kinds of scratch and friction tests.
    09-19-2012 01:05 PM
    You can never test for real world use.
    Yes you can. Give your people the phone and say "go use it" LOL.
    09-19-2012 01:31 PM
    Yes you can. Give your people the phone and say "go use lose it in a bar." LOL.
    There, I fixed that for you...
    09-19-2012 01:34 PM
    talk about a **** block, maybe waiting is not such a bad thing after all

i will be anxious to see what happens when people start getting theirs
    09-19-2012 02:19 PM
    talk about a **** block, maybe waiting is not such a bad thing after all

i will be anxious to see what happens when people start getting theirs
    I'd be surprised if nothing comes up no matter how insignificant it could be..
    gixxer07600 likes this.
    09-19-2012 03:47 PM
    It's looking pretty noticeable in this picture from the pocket lint review. Top corner looks to be all scuffed up
    09-19-2012 03:47 PM
    It's looking pretty noticeable in this picture from the pocket lint review. Top corner looks to be all scuffed up
    Mmmm... That could be a scratch or something else on it
    09-19-2012 03:48 PM
    That definitely does not look like that happened from normal use. I cannot see Apple releasing a product that would look that bad within a day or two of use. But that's just my 2 pennies.
    Premium1 likes this.
    09-19-2012 04:00 PM
    for the love of jumex mango juice whats the deal its a review unit its been most likely in testing and use for the past year by apple folks anyone can see that this was not a brand new unit for unboxing like we normally see geeesh back to drinking my jumex mango nectar next subject please.
    09-19-2012 05:25 PM
    but look at this picture, the thing is covered with "pocket lint", which is what I see on the corner, not a scuff.
    Premium1 likes this.
    09-19-2012 05:43 PM
    what the **** man!
    09-19-2012 06:12 PM
    All i know is im not using any type of case that 'snaps' onto the iPhone because just looking at my iPhone 4, there are little black marks on the silver band on the side from cases that snap onto it and then when you snap them off, they scrath up the sides, so if you are gonna use a case, i'd go with a bumper or something that wont scrape
    09-19-2012 06:54 PM
    If that's a scuff, how come in the next picture it isn't noticeable!?!?

This is the scuff Pocket Lint was referring to.

To the upper right of the SIM tray.
    Last edited by CVCONDE; 09-19-2012 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Added Image
    09-19-2012 07:11 PM
    i thought they only mentioned the back as anodized aluminum i could be wrong however i also ordered the black one i hope these are not true and maybe the review units have been put through the ringer already or these guys could be scratching it off or something to see what it would take i don't know what i do know is apple will be replacing it if it does happen or exchanging it for a white one.
    I'll buy a "P" for punctuation please Alex...
    09-19-2012 07:49 PM
    Everybody chill the $&@? out...even Apple makes mistakes, but I doubt they would have overlooked something this simple. They've tested this for sure
    09-19-2012 08:00 PM
    Everybody chill the $&@? out...even Apple makes mistakes, but I doubt they would have overlooked something this simple. They've tested this for sure

I'll buy a B and a S for busted skull Alex!!!! geesh this isn't english class patna its a forum and last i check i can run on run on run on run on sentence and leave out any signs of punctuation.
    gixxer07600 likes this.
    09-19-2012 09:57 PM
    Way to hijack a thread. lol
    09-20-2012 07:21 AM
    but look at this picture, the thing is covered with "pocket lint", which is what I see on the corner, not a scuff.
    I was going to say thats what it looked like in the other pic. Looked too much like lint compared to a scratch.
    09-20-2012 09:12 AM
    It's a chance your going to have to take getting one out the gate. So let's say it does rub the black off in a couple weeks, what do you think should happen? I would bet that Apple will not switch you colors or replace the ip5. It's cosmetic, the phone still functions fine then your stuck to put a case on it.
    09-20-2012 10:00 AM
    Coming from Apple. Is this totally unexpected.
    What the **** man. they had 98 billion to CREATE THE iPhone 5.
    2 WHOLE YEARS TO MAKE IT. And a flaw comes out.
    Coupled along with the failure of Apple maps for public transportation.
    If Google Nexus is awesome this year. I'm going to kiss good bye
    09-20-2012 10:51 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD