iPhone 5 First Reviews in!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Typical reviews for an iphone. They seem to be like most and not like the new connector.

Last edited:

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
i watched the cnet review to also see what it looked like on video wow that is nice looking even though i got the black slate that white one was nice and the shine on the edges nice and it didn't look bad being long i thought it would look awkward but man its nice looking all the way around good job apple now lets just hope this maps is a great nav tool i don't want to end up in a ditch following it lol....

Boobie12

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
i watched the cnet review to also see what it looked like on video wow that is nice looking even though i got the black slate that white one was nice and the shine on the edges nice and it didn't look bad being long i thought it would look awkward but man its nice looking all the way around good job apple now lets just hope this maps is a great nav tool i don't want to end up in a ditch following it lol....

yup white is gorgeous but so is the black Friday cant come soon enough.

yeyeman9

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Pocket Lint says:

" It is now chamfered and while that looks pretty, we've already noticed that on the black model the edge has started to wear, revealing the shiny silver aluminium metal underneath the "slate" coloured coating and, indeed, we've witnessed it on two separate models, ruling out a fluke manufacturing error.

These small scuffs will catch the light and make the phone look visibly worn. We suspect that it won't be as noticeable on the white model because the metal edging is silver, so that's worth bearing in mind when you come to order your colour choice."

Thoughts? I hope it is just in those....it better not be in all of them...I will be so pissed!

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Pocket Lint says:

" It is now chamfered and while that looks pretty, we've already noticed that on the black model the edge has started to wear, revealing the shiny silver aluminium metal underneath the "slate" coloured coating and, indeed, we've witnessed it on two separate models, ruling out a fluke manufacturing error.

These small scuffs will catch the light and make the phone look visibly worn. We suspect that it won't be as noticeable on the white model because the metal edging is silver, so that's worth bearing in mind when you come to order your colour choice."

Thoughts? I hope it is just in those....it better not be in all of them...I will be so pissed!

Yeah, this kind of worries me a bit.

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, this kind of worries me a bit.

after reading that post now i am worried as i ordered the black slate as well man i am going to be upset if that does happen i will trade it in for a white one. the good thing about apple is we have stores we can take it to, to get it taken care of so a little peace of mind.

taylorz_412

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
after reading that post now i am worried as i ordered the black slate as well man i am going to be upset if that does happen i will trade it in for a white one. the good thing about apple is we have stores we can take it to, to get it taken care of so a little peace of mind.

I also order black:/and I'm sure if this Is an issue if you take it to an apple store and explain I'm sure they will replace it no problem

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Pocket Lint says:

Idk how I feel about that, they could have had the phone in their possession for longer than a few days and I doubt the black would be wearing off ALREADY lol

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I also order black:/and I'm sure if this Is an issue if you take it to an apple store and explain I'm sure they will replace it no problem

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

i agree thats one of the good things about getting the iphone the ease of getting things done if something goes wrong vs having to mail something to the vendor.

yeyeman9

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Idk how I feel about that, they could have had the phone in their possession for longer than a few days and I doubt the black would be wearing off ALREADY lol

But still, if after a week or so it starts deteriorating like that, then it sucks. It shouldn't happen...at all! That is part of the reason why I chose the black one, cause that border looks stunning. Plus I don't like how the white one looks this time around.

We will see though...

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
But still, if after a week or so it starts deteriorating like that, then it sucks. It shouldn't happen...at all! That is part of the reason why I chose the black one, cause that border looks stunning. Plus I don't like how the white one looks this time around.

We will see though...

I guess I'd like to see some pictures..Idk...I just cant imagine Apple would "let that happen."

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

We will see though...

Well that's the thing, I almost don't believe them. Unless Apple just spray painted the back and sides black, it's hard to believe that it would already be deteriorating, which leads me to believe they are just playing on people's fear of it happening; but like you said we'll see. I could be totally wrong and then I'll be disappointed hahaha

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I have an anodized steel black watch that scratched to silver the first time it rubbed against something metal so it definitely can happen. I'm sure within the first month we'll know everything about the new iPhone.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I knew that was going to happen with the black variant...i was just waiting for the comments to start about it. I too have a watch with a similar finish on it, and even taking overly pre-cautious care of it, I managed to get a small scratch on the lock on the back of it, exposing the shiny metal underneath the coating. I don't even remember touching anything with it (as i rarely wear it). This makes me very thankful i ordered the white iPhone this time (not for that specific reason, but it just adds to my satisfaction with the choice). Hopefully this isn't a "defect" for lack of better term.

I'm happy to read these reviews though, it appears that the iPhone 5 is a solid contender in the market. I had no doubt it would be, but it's always nice to see the "proof in the pudding" so to speak from people who really do nothing BUT review consumer electronics. Makes me very excited to get mine on Friday...I can't deny, I'm much more excited to get this one than i was the 4S.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR