iPhone 5 First Reviews in!

DoubleEagle

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Well I was going with the black & slate but this scares me. I'm way to OCD to do the black & slate. I'm going with the white ip5. What do you guys think? If the black anodized aluminum is already coming off just in a week or 2, will Apple exchange if you want white?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
^^^ I'm looking at that picture and it seems to be ABOVE the metal frame piece. Even zoomed in it's hard to see how that is part of the metal and not where the glass rim is.

snuffleupagus99

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
You see, black sales have been strong, but the whites haven't been moving as well so apple sent out models with a designed flaw to spur consumers in the right direction. We'll all find the reviews concerns in this unwarranted once we receive our own.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'm kind of worried about that. The thing i love about the iphone 4S is that it still looks new after months of using it with no case. This iphone 5 with the metal on back and painted edges will show use.

Oh well, could just get the white one.

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
thats a review unit and it could have been in testing for the past year for all we know. I saw no where showing this as a brand new unit being unboxed and reviewed so i am skeptical yes they are right for talking about it but that thing looks like someone put it through the construction worker test i am sure apple has had several units being used this past year while they fine tuned it. the new units on display were what we say at the event when everyone had the hands on there no one hinted at oh there are scratches we need to get them and use them before we go nuts about i really think that is a old unit that apple employees had...

yeyeman9

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
thats a review unit and it could have been in testing for the past year for all we know. I saw no where showing this as a brand new unit being unboxed and reviewed so i am skeptical yes they are right for talking about it but that thing looks like someone put it through the construction worker test i am sure apple has had several units being used this past year while they fine tuned it. the new units on display were what we say at the event when everyone had the hands on there no one hinted at oh there are scratches we need to get them and use them before we go nuts about i really think that is a old unit that apple employees had...

Yeah that is something I kinda noticed. It looked old. Definitely has been used a lot...I guess we can hope. I would be so pissed if mine had that problem after a few weeks. I would be pissed if it had it even after a year though. Shouldn't happen if you ask me.

But like you said, if it was an old unit, perhaps it wasn't manufactured exactly like the ones we will be getting.

DoubleEagle

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry but that is not acceptable! That would drive me nuts!! So I will be getting white for the first time. Even in a case i couldn't imagine how the phone would look in a year. People WILL be taking hits on the resale for sure.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Yeah that is something I kinda noticed. It looked old. Definitely has been used a lot...I guess we can hope. I would be so pissed if mine had that problem after a few weeks. I would be pissed if it had it even after a year though. Shouldn't happen if you ask me.

But like you said, if it was an old unit, perhaps it wasn't manufactured exactly like the ones we will be getting.

Why in the world would Apple send out a phone in that condition that someone is going to review and snap high res pics of it which thousands will read? We're talking like 10 review phones or so.

Let's not rationalize this away. Scuffing will be an issue.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry but that is not acceptable! That would drive me nuts!! So I will be getting white for the first time. Even in a case i couldn't imagine how the phone would look in a year. People WILL be taking hits on the resale for sure.

Only time will tell I suppose. I'm not going to fuss to much over it. It's a phone. It will lose value no matter what. If I lose $20 on resale BFD...there is still a lot unknown about this yet.

But it does create some buzz, they have to find something wrong.

DoubleEagle

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Only time will tell I suppose. I'm not going to fuss to much over it. It's a phone. It will lose value no matter what. If I lose $20 on resale BFD...there is still a lot unknown about this yet.

But it does create some buzz, they have to find something wrong.

I totally agree with you, just that I couldn't make my mind up with the whole "white or black" issue. This has made my mind up for me at least. But that would suck to buy the black ip5 and it did that in the first few weeks. Either way I'm getting an ip5. I just really like Apple iPhones, don't get me wrong. Soon as I get the first blemish then it's no holds bar then. Lol

yeyeman9

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I understand that it is going to lose it value, but for it to just lose its color like that in the border, to me is unacceptable. That is just factory malfunction and it honestly shouldn't happen. Makes the phone look "cheap". I just hope it isn't true for everybody, and he was just unlucky...

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I understand that it is going to lose it value, but for it to just lose its color like that in the border, to me is unacceptable. That is just factory malfunction and it honestly shouldn't happen. Makes the phone look "cheap". I just hope it isn't true for everybody, and he was just unlucky...

I do hope he was unlucky as I got the black as well. However...it still is a sexy looking device. I'm not going to let it worry me though...unless you never use your phone...it's hard to keep it factory fresh.

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Why in the world would Apple send out a phone in that condition that someone is going to review and snap high res pics of it which thousands will read? We're talking like 10 review phones or so.

Let's not rationalize this away. Scuffing will be an issue.

for the love of jumex mango juice whats the deal its a review unit its been most likely in testing and use for the past year by apple folks anyone can see that this was not a brand new unit for unboxing like we normally see geeesh back to drinking my jumex mango nectar next subject please.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
for the love of jumex mango juice whats the deal its a review unit its been most likely in testing and use for the past year by apple folks anyone can see that this was not a brand new unit for unboxing like we normally see geeesh back to drinking my jumex mango nectar next subject please.

Umm..sure..ok

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox