Black and Slate packaging

yeyeman9

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
It seems like the box in the website I think it is that they have it...so seems pretty legit. Probably a reviewer, or some luck bastard...haha

yeyeman9

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I guess so. I don't see why not. Have they stopped others from activating theirs when they got it earlier? iOS6 is released tomorrow so technically he should be able to?

Plus I am guessing reviewers have them already, so they need them activated too, unless they go through some special activation process or something.

BenGillam

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
I'd imagine if it's a reviewer unit apple would have flagged it on their system to let it through. What's happened in the past always see posts about people getting new iPhones 24 hours early but never known if they activate

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that the reviewers get special treatment. The reviewers here on iMore are getting their phones the same time as everyone else. This guy probably got his though connections, people working for one of the carriers. Apple's servers would be able to detect an iP5 activation as well.

yeyeman9

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
There was actually another post here, that showed that reviewers had reviews of the 4s on Tuesday at 9:00 PM. Which seems like the logical thing to do, have reviews pop up a few days early than your relase to build even more hype and convince those that aren't completely convinced. Doing it the same day of launch isn't really smart...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2