Scratches and scuffs

BhamBB

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered the white iPhone 5 and am wondering about the back side of the phone. Will that aluminum housing be scratch resistant or will it be a scratch magnet? Thoughts?

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I think the white will definitely be more scratch-proof than the black.

not sure how the 'black slate' works, but my BlackBerry Storm2 had the slate aluminum back and it scratched easily. I'm sure the iPhone5 build quality is better though (although, when it comes to hardware build quality, BB has been solid)

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
It's most likely going to be pretty durable. I wouldn't worry too much about it, but I wouldn't go start sliding my phone across the table, either.

Big Dookie

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I have to admit, this concerns me a little too. Hopefully the aluminum on the white version is fairly scratch resistant. If so, I'm going naked with this one.

I just remember my 2nd Gen iPod Touch getting scratched to heck on the back, and I'm hoping this won't be the same way.

Sauce66

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't bet on that.
These were just taken tonight at a local Apple store and done with a fingernail. My money isn't going to be spent on shoddy materials.

XzWRc.jpg
TWlHj.png

I think the white will definitely be more scratch-proof than the black.

not sure how the 'black slate' works, but my BlackBerry Storm2 had the slate aluminum back and it scratched easily. I'm sure the iPhone5 build quality is better though (although, when it comes to hardware build quality, BB has been solid)

Pseuddos

Banned
Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
You give no info as to why it crashed. I have never had any iPhone crash on me.

I was using Siri to launch a game, I tried and it crashed a few times, then was using Siri again to search and it crashed YET again, so it's something wrong with Siri, other than that the phone is nice to use and quick.

DMBAdict04

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I doubt that a fingernail caused that. I will say though, look at the back of the iPods...Apple hasn't always shied away from products that scratch really easily.

The question now is, will it blend?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My brother just got his a few seconds ago and is still at the store, he just "scratched" the back of it with his finger nail and this was the result...this scratch issue thing is a load of bullish*t if you ask me.

sAEwC.jpg

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
My brother just got his a few seconds ago and is still at the store, he just "scratched" the back of it with his finger nail and this was the result...this scratch issue thing is a load of bullish*t if you ask me.

Click to view quoted image

Of course it is. If you treat your device like garbage that's the way it's going to look. If you take care of it, it will look good. Pretty simple if you ask me. Whether it's the screen, back, whatever...

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the only thing i noticed when playing with the demo last night at work (sooooo excited was I, it was like Christmas morning) is the black seems to be a fingerprint magnet, even the back plate. Don't know if the white will be the same.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2

Reactions: vetteman30

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR