So return it, get your precious S3 and be gone from here.
    You're the biggest iSheep ever, when you get your Failphone 5 you'll realize they are not even as good as the S2, let alone the S3, it doesn't take a genius
    09-21-2012 09:18 AM
    You're the biggest iSheep ever, when you get your Failphone 5 you'll realize they are not even as good as the S2, let alone the S3, it doesn't take a genius
    and you said you're not a troll... bravo lol
    Last edited by Jeremy; 09-21-2012 at 09:35 AM.
    09-21-2012 09:21 AM
    Trolling does not pay people. Eventually you get banned like him.

And yes, if you read the forum rules/guidelines you will indeed see trolling is an offense you can get banned for.
    09-21-2012 09:22 AM
    I pre-ordered the white iPhone 5 and am wondering about the back side of the phone. Will that aluminum housing be scratch resistant or will it be a scratch magnet? Thoughts?
    Well I had the storm 1 and 2. And I didn't keep either in a case. Didn't scratch easily at all. Gave the 1 to my daughter and she does everything to it. So im gonna say it has to be pretty durable.
    09-21-2012 09:27 AM
    Look, we get that you don't like the iPhone 5, but guess what....WE DON'T CARE!
    GreenBerry84 and mikesa_tx like this.
    09-21-2012 09:28 AM
    I put a screen protector on the backs of my iPhones even if they are in a case. Overkill I'm sure, but I like the added protection anyway.
    Same here... It's no really overkill as you can barely notice the phone has a screen protectors on both sides.. Ops.. Somebody's knocking on my door.. phone is here
    09-21-2012 09:32 AM
    I put a screen protector on the backs of my iPhones even if they are in a case. Overkill I'm sure, but I like the added protection anyway.
    I do this too, since dirt loves to getting there. I'm currently rocking a bumper and even more grateful that I did.
    Eileen89 likes this.
    09-21-2012 09:35 AM
    Scratchgate...
    09-21-2012 09:38 AM
    It's worse than just scratches.

http://www.iphonealley.com/news/black-coloring-wears-easily-on-iphone-5
    09-21-2012 09:42 AM
    Here we go... that article is so misleading. It makes it sound like it's just rubbing off like it's nothing. And I have an idea! Take care of your stuff with the slightest bit of care and if won't happen!
    iphonefizzle likes this.
    09-21-2012 09:46 AM
    It's been out less than 24hrs worldwide and people are starting up already!! Can you just enjoy the Moment with new toy. If there's a problem take it in next week.....
    09-21-2012 09:58 AM
    It's misleading to put all the scratch-gate posts in a thread about the "back" of the phone. That's not the part that most people are worried about scratching or having the paint wear off. It's the black sides that are the issue, not the back.
    09-21-2012 10:15 AM
    It's misleading to put all the scratch-gate posts in a thread about the "back" of the phone. That's not the part that most people are worried about scratching or having the paint wear off. It's the black sides that are the issue, not the back.
    There is no "scratch-gate", it's more like take care of your phone gate... I'll change the title as this is talking about scratching. We don't need a million posts on the topic of scratching your phone...
    09-21-2012 10:18 AM
    Scratchgate...
    more Like "I gotta kvetch about something on the iPhone5"-gate.
    09-21-2012 10:22 AM
    Nope. No scratch no scruffs on my iPhone. been using it for past 2 hours and it was in my pocket for an hour.
    Black is the way baby!
    09-21-2012 10:23 AM
    There is no "scratch-gate", it's more like take care of your phone gate... I'll change the title as this is talking about scratching. We don't need a million posts on the topic of scratching your phone...
    Creating a black border that can be easily scratched resulting in easily noticed damage is a problem. The question is only whether it can be "easily scratched" and "easily noticed".

We won't know the answer to that until the phone has been out in the wild for a while. But there are plenty of reports that there's a potential problem, so yes, there is a potential "scratch-gate" even if you'd like for there not to be.
    09-21-2012 10:38 AM
    Creating a black border that can be easily scratched resulting in easily noticed damage is a problem. The question is only whether it can be "easily scratched" and "easily noticed".

We won't know the answer to that until the phone has been out in the wild for a while. But there are plenty of reports that there's a potential problem, so yes, there is a potential "scratch-gate" even if you'd like for there not to be.
    This all stemmed from one review so please show me one credible source. Why have no other reviews mentioned this or had this same issue? And I personally know people who've had the phone in black for months and have had no similar issues. One more time, take care of your things and you won't have issues like this. It will not rub off like the review leads you to believe. And the reviewer does not even say how it happened. Commenters asked him a million times and he ignores those questions.

*And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it can't happen. I'm saying it won't just flake off by normal use. (and by normal I mean someone who takes good care of their stuff)
    Last edited by Jeremy; 09-21-2012 at 10:47 AM.
    09-21-2012 10:41 AM
    I wouldn't bet on that.
    These were just taken tonight at a local Apple store and done with a fingernail. My money isn't going to be spent on shoddy materials.

Click to view quoted image
    Click to view quoted image
    I dont think the scratching will be an issue
    09-21-2012 10:45 AM
    But there are plenty of reports that there's a potential problem, so yes, there is a potential "scratch-gate" even if you'd like for there not to be.
    I chalk this up to a certain segment of the population that lives to find fault... and will not be happy until they've found some, and bragged about it. They get attention, and attention makes them feel good. There are plenty of reports there's a potential monkeys could fly out my wazoo...
    09-21-2012 10:47 AM
    more Like "I gotta kvetch about something on the iPhone5"-gate.
    I was kidding, this thing is a thing of beauty, but agree that people will always find something, as soon as a opened the box i put a screen protector on both sides
    09-21-2012 10:51 AM
    iPhone 5 Drop Test and Durability Test by iFixYouri.com and 9to5mac.com

This phone is by far the most durable iPhone we have seen. The strengthened new gorilla glass, paired with the light design is definitely beneficial to the iPhone being able to survive your average drop.
    09-21-2012 10:59 AM
    +1, i slap SP's on front/back of my iphone 4S, and i'll do the same with the next iPhone i own as well
    09-21-2012 11:03 AM
    +1, i slap SP's on front/back of my iphone 4S, and i'll do the same with the next iPhone i own as well
    Easiest way to protect our beloved iPhone. I also have done this to all the iPhones that I have and don't see why I wouldn't do the same with this one.
    09-21-2012 11:21 AM
    People who are buying into this "scratch gate" (as it has hilariously been coined) are fools. Check for yourself before you fall into the hype pool. I have my white one in my hand right now and it feels as durable as my MBP's aluminum.
    09-21-2012 11:24 AM
    People who are buying into this "scratch gate" (as it has hilariously been coined) are fools. Check for yourself before you fall into the hype pool. I have my white one in my hand right now and it feels as durable as my MBP's aluminum.
    theres always haters drinking the hateorade to cause controversy...we've seen plenty on the forum this morning already.....

Sean, you MUST post a pic of your white i5, i really want to see it in 'real life' :o
    09-21-2012 11:27 AM
95 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD