Bravo BigBoss: iPhone 5 and iOS 6 Are Duds

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
ha! i was thinking the same thing. i just cannot imagine putting in this much effort over at crackberry or wherever

it just goes to prove that people like to hate. i hate the Los Angeles Lakers. i get it. but i am not going to visit a LA Lakers forum and talk trash all day long and keep going back. mind blown

Amen.

I seriously cannot stand Blackberry phones, i hate the way they perform, i hate the way they are designed, i hate the fact that i owned so many of them over my life time...that said, i've never once even considered signing into my old Crackberry account and dogging on the stuff they are doing these days, i don't have time for that bullsh*t, i love the phone i have, why would i want to go talk sh*t to people who don't care that i don't like their phone/s? Let 'em have it! I stand firmly behind the idea that these trolls come here because they are simply bored of their beloved Android devices and need something to fill the time...go join a softball league or something! Do something constructive! MAKE A BETTER PHONE!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I stand firmly behind the idea that these trolls come here because they are simply bored of their beloved Android devices and need something to fill the time...go join a softball league or something!

lmao, do you wanna go on a date?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The trolls scream and rant that Apple must update. And when it does, they scream and rant that they don't like the update or that it (in the case of the adaptor) is too costly.

The trolls scream and fuss that Apple is going to wither under Cook's watch, even though both iOS 6 and the iPhone 5 (and probably 6) were completed well before Jobs' death.

Remember how I frequently say "don't feed the trolls?" It's still good advice.

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't looking for dramatic changes to iOS 6 and the iPhone 5. In-fact, I would have much rather things stay the same than be the way they are now. So many things in iOS 6 are changes for the worse, much like the taller idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't looking for dramatic changes to iOS 6 and the iPhone 5. In-fact, I would have much rather things stay the same than be the way they are now. So many things in iOS 6 are changes for the worse, much like the taller idea.

Care to be more specific?

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Care to be more specific?

Well, I wanted a 5' x 2' display with a built-in Starbucks Expresso maker. And since it doesn't have those two specific things, it's not a good phone for anyone, nor is it a true upgrade from the 4S.
Guess I'll have to wait until next year....

Last edited:

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I agree on the iOS 6 felt more like a 5.2 update but they did change a lot into it to justify is a major update. I disagree on the iPhone 5 being a dud. I think it's a huge update from what apple has put out in the past. I have an LTE plan on Rogers that I never got to use on my 4S that I can actually put to use without losing all the money invested Ito music, apps etc. yes the dock connector change is a sh!t move but in a months time knock off accessories will be available everywhere.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
His words, not mine. Well, who am I kidding, I agree wholeheartedly. Couldn't have said any of it better myselfView attachment 18873View attachment 18874View attachment 18875

I think it's a dud for jailbreakers but not overall. The only thing I will say that might not be as good at first are the maps. Having what ever number of POI's in their maps isn't Google (or even Bing). But that is the only thing for me, street view is a toy to me so I won't miss it.

Google will probably just release their maps app for iOS at some point anyway.

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

This makes absolutely NO sense. You don't like the changes in iOS 6 don't upgrade! you don't like the changes of the iPhone 5 don't buy it! no one is forcing you to do either one so what is the problem?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Man, i hear you...i can't stand that the new iPhone didn't change that much, staying the same as it was before...you know what they really need to do? Keep the iPhone the same, quit trying to change it so much, it would make for such a better change...change.

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I like that apple got rid of the integrated YouTube and Google maps. It puts pressure on Google to give ois decent apps or eyes will go elsewhere. Look at the native maps and YouTube app for android their much better apps than those available on ios.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I guess I don't understand what people really expected. Apple spent a great deal of time on the external antenna and aren't going to abandon it after two revisions. You'll never see a 5.5" iPhone Note. People always expect too much. NFC, wireless charging, etc....it's all stuff that needs broad adoption before Apple includes it. Wireless charging is here, but it's very far from mainstream. Companies can't even decide on a standard for what NFC can do.

Was iOS 6 a major update? No. Will iOS 7? No.

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't complaining when iOS 5 and the 4S was released. Was absolutely in love with all that

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Oh man I am so happy I read BigBoss' opinion. This made me realize that I do not want the new iPhone and will be cancelling my pre-order right now. Thank you so much for opening my eyes and letting me have this epiphany!

/sarcasm

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Of course BigBoss is going to say this. Developers in the jailbreak community don't want to lose jailbreakers
for a few months. I bet if it was guaranteed that iOS 6 already has an untethered jailbreak, BigBoss wouldn't
have came out and said that. Gotta protect your product and investment. It's just "wah wah, I don't want to
lose some income for a few months."

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I guess I don't understand what people really expected. Apple spent a great deal of time on the external antenna and aren't going to abandon it after two revisions. You'll never see a 5.5" iPhone Note. People always expect too much. NFC, wireless charging, etc....it's all stuff that needs broad adoption before Apple includes it. Wireless charging is here, but it's very far from mainstream. Companies can't even decide on a standard for what NFC can do.

Was iOS 6 a major update? No. Will iOS 7? No.

Agreed. Apple's vision for its iPhone seem to clash with the expectations of various tech geeks. The general public could care less and they are buying the iPhone in droves. Like many companies, Apple provides certain things that its customers want, but not everything. For instance. Some customers want an Android experience on an iPhone. That's not going to happen. Some people want every iteration of the iPhone to be unlike its predecessor, but fail to see the differences between each iteration. Finally, there are people who seem to think that unless Apple creates a device to their exact specification, it is a failure, a dud and a letdown. It is what it is and to each his or her own, I suppose.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner