But maaaaa...it's so hard not to feed them! They're so cute!
    (laughing)...You're an *****.
    09-18-2012 12:46 PM
    I wasn't looking for dramatic changes to iOS 6 and the iPhone 5. In-fact, I would have much rather things stay the same than be the way they are now. So many things in iOS 6 are changes for the worse, much like the taller idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Care to be more specific?
    09-18-2012 12:47 PM
    Care to be more specific?
    Well, I wanted a 5' x 2' display with a built-in Starbucks Expresso maker. And since it doesn't have those two specific things, it's not a good phone for anyone, nor is it a true upgrade from the 4S.
    Guess I'll have to wait until next year....
    Last edited by Exxod; 09-18-2012 at 01:02 PM.
    Just_Me_D and Alli like this.
    09-18-2012 12:58 PM
    I agree on the iOS 6 felt more like a 5.2 update but they did change a lot into it to justify is a major update. I disagree on the iPhone 5 being a dud. I think it's a huge update from what apple has put out in the past. I have an LTE plan on Rogers that I never got to use on my 4S that I can actually put to use without losing all the money invested Ito music, apps etc. yes the dock connector change is a sh!t move but in a months time knock off accessories will be available everywhere.
    09-18-2012 01:05 PM
    His words, not mine. Well, who am I kidding, I agree wholeheartedly. Couldn't have said any of it better myselfAttachment 18873Attachment 18874Attachment 18875

I think it's a dud for jailbreakers but not overall. The only thing I will say that might not be as good at first are the maps. Having what ever number of POI's in their maps isn't Google (or even Bing). But that is the only thing for me, street view is a toy to me so I won't miss it.

Google will probably just release their maps app for iOS at some point anyway.
    Last edited by sting7k; 09-18-2012 at 01:08 PM.
    09-18-2012 01:05 PM
    I wasn't looking for dramatic changes to iOS 6 and the iPhone 5. In-fact, I would have much rather things stay the same than be the way they are now. So many things in iOS 6 are changes for the worse, much like the taller idea.

This makes absolutely NO sense. You don't like the changes in iOS 6 don't upgrade! you don't like the changes of the iPhone 5 don't buy it! no one is forcing you to do either one so what is the problem?
    09-18-2012 01:13 PM

Man, i hear you...i can't stand that the new iPhone didn't change that much, staying the same as it was before...you know what they really need to do? Keep the iPhone the same, quit trying to change it so much, it would make for such a better change...change.
    09-18-2012 01:34 PM
    I like that apple got rid of the integrated YouTube and Google maps. It puts pressure on Google to give ois decent apps or eyes will go elsewhere. Look at the native maps and YouTube app for android their much better apps than those available on ios.
    09-18-2012 01:42 PM
    I guess I don't understand what people really expected. Apple spent a great deal of time on the external antenna and aren't going to abandon it after two revisions. You'll never see a 5.5" iPhone Note. People always expect too much. NFC, wireless charging, etc....it's all stuff that needs broad adoption before Apple includes it. Wireless charging is here, but it's very far from mainstream. Companies can't even decide on a standard for what NFC can do.

Was iOS 6 a major update? No. Will iOS 7? No.
    09-18-2012 01:44 PM
    I wasn't complaining when iOS 5 and the 4S was released. Was absolutely in love with all that

09-18-2012 01:47 PM
    I wasn't complaining when iOS 5 and the 4S was released. Was absolutely in love with all that

Curious; did you have an iPhone before the release of the 4S last year?
    09-18-2012 01:54 PM
    Oh man I am so happy I read BigBoss' opinion. This made me realize that I do not want the new iPhone and will be cancelling my pre-order right now. Thank you so much for opening my eyes and letting me have this epiphany!

/sarcasm
    09-18-2012 01:54 PM
    Had iPhones since the 3G

09-18-2012 01:55 PM
    Of course BigBoss is going to say this. Developers in the jailbreak community don't want to lose jailbreakers
    for a few months. I bet if it was guaranteed that iOS 6 already has an untethered jailbreak, BigBoss wouldn't
    have came out and said that. Gotta protect your product and investment. It's just "wah wah, I don't want to
    lose some income for a few months."
    09-18-2012 02:05 PM
    I guess I don't understand what people really expected. Apple spent a great deal of time on the external antenna and aren't going to abandon it after two revisions. You'll never see a 5.5" iPhone Note. People always expect too much. NFC, wireless charging, etc....it's all stuff that needs broad adoption before Apple includes it. Wireless charging is here, but it's very far from mainstream. Companies can't even decide on a standard for what NFC can do.

Was iOS 6 a major update? No. Will iOS 7? No.
    Agreed. Apple's vision for its iPhone seem to clash with the expectations of various tech geeks. The general public could care less and they are buying the iPhone in droves. Like many companies, Apple provides certain things that its customers want, but not everything. For instance. Some customers want an Android experience on an iPhone. That's not going to happen. Some people want every iteration of the iPhone to be unlike its predecessor, but fail to see the differences between each iteration. Finally, there are people who seem to think that unless Apple creates a device to their exact specification, it is a failure, a dud and a letdown. It is what it is and to each his or her own, I suppose.
    09-18-2012 02:13 PM
    that's funny. my maps have never looked like the one on the right, even during the betas
    Sweet, glad to hear that!
    09-18-2012 02:26 PM
    Hi, my name is DannyMichel, and i want change without change for a change.
    CH1N087 likes this.
    09-18-2012 02:27 PM
    The problem is that apple is a victim of there own success and everybody expect more from them each year.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    09-18-2012 02:49 PM
    I like that apple got rid of the integrated YouTube and Google maps. It puts pressure on Google to give ois decent apps or eyes will go elsewhere. Look at the native maps and YouTube app for android their much better apps than those available on ios.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Apple had control over those apps since they were built into iOS so it was their job to make them better. They were just using Google's services.
    09-18-2012 03:19 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Apple had control over those apps since they were built into iOS so it was their job to make them better. They were just using Google's services.
    Well sure, but because of that, Google never had any incentive to develop anything better/greater for iOS. Now that the support is gone through the OS, Google is pretty much forced to support it.
    09-18-2012 03:57 PM
    It's funny... regardless if "Big Boss" thinks this software is a dud.... millions of other people disagreed. Simple as that.
    09-18-2012 04:29 PM
    Absolutely: there are plenty of people on both sides. I'll never understand why people get so bent out of shape over other people having an opinion of their own--whichever way they lean.
    DannyMichel likes this.
    09-18-2012 04:48 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD