iPhone 5 has become the focus of the whole world since its release. It is reported that it over 3 million people have ordered it.
    There are top 5 reasons to upgrade to the new iPhone 5 in the air:
    (1) 4-inch retina LCD
    (2) LTE highp-speed network
    (3) Faster A6 processor
    (4) iOS 6
    (5) New form factor, slightly thinner
    If you have an iPhone 4S or an older apple phone, would you upgrade to the new phone 5? Why or why not?
    09-18-2012 01:33 AM
    If I could I would but I just got my 4s in June. So I will have to wait till at least the next iPhone. Which is cool I'm very happy with 4s but excited for those who can get the 5 now
    09-18-2012 01:40 AM
    I did for 4g
    09-18-2012 01:47 AM
    I ordered the 5 only for the 4G LTE. Verizon's 3G around here is horrible! I had the HTC Rezound on the 4g LTE and it was great!

Sent from my tricked out Iphone!
    09-18-2012 02:30 AM
    I have no good reason to upgrade. The 4S had a better camera than the 4 and I used the hell out of it, but the 5's is practically the same. Faster processor, LTE, bigger screen, earpods, Lightning, HD FaceTime camera and stronger, thinner & lighter frame are all nice, but not essential, especially considering all the cases and other accessories I have. However, I have an upgradable line, and can pay for it by selling my old phone, so why not? This will be my 4th iPhone in 4 years.
    09-18-2012 02:43 AM
    iPhone 5 has become the focus of the whole world since its release. It is reported that it over 3 million people have ordered it.
    There are top 5 reasons to upgrade to the new iPhone 5 in the air:
    (1) 4-inch retina LCD
    (2) LTE highp-speed network
    (3) Faster A6 processor
    (4) iOS 6
    (5) New form factor, slightly thinner
    If you have an iPhone 4S or an older apple phone, would you upgrade to the new phone 5? Why or why not?
    Well just so you know the 4s will have option 4. But having said that if you have an upgrade available I would upgrade. And then sell the 4s on eBay for $250-$300+ and pay yourself back. I have a 3 lines. One for me, one for my wife, and a 3rd one that has a dumb phone ($10/month) that I use to upgrade to new phones when my line is on cooldown.
    09-18-2012 03:36 AM
    Well...If I'm using iphone 4s. There is no reason for me to upgrade to iPhone 5. You may see. iPhone 5 does not have much change. So, don't waste your money.
    09-18-2012 04:37 AM
    Sell your iPhone4S.
    Pay $50 more.
    What's the fuss dudes?
    Don't need a reason? Here's why.
    You get to access the internet in 0.5sec instead of 3 secs which feels like a century.
    You get to read stuff at a more legitimate size
    and best of all. It will be. FASTER. For someone like me who hates to wait even 1 sec more. I will pay $500 to shave that 1 sec.
    Last edited by GreatNeal; 09-18-2012 at 04:47 AM.
    jeffnucci likes this.
    09-18-2012 04:45 AM
    i ordered the iPhone sim free for one reason.....because i could.

not the best reason out there but oh well, i wanted it
    09-18-2012 04:46 AM
    i ordered the iPhone sim free for one reason.....because i could.

not the best reason out there but oh well, i wanted it
    Heheheh. Where did you learn that phrase. I could.. from? =p

Fifty shades of grey? =p
    09-18-2012 04:48 AM
    ha ha, no.....

just sayin'
    09-18-2012 06:44 AM
    i say do it - YOLO
    09-18-2012 07:47 AM
    I have no good reason to upgrade. The 4S had a better camera than the 4 and I used the hell out of it, but the 5's is practically the same. Faster processor, LTE, bigger screen, earpods, Lightning, HD FaceTime camera and stronger, thinner & lighter frame are all nice, but not essential, especially considering all the cases and other accessories I have. However, I have an upgradable line, and can pay for it by selling my old phone, so why not? This will be my 4th iPhone in 4 years.
    Can someone explain what this means? You have another line that you can upgrade?

What am I missing? If you have multiple lines and one of them currently has an iphone on it. You get the new iphone on the upgradeable line? Why do you have an extra line? Are you just paying and extra $10/mo for this option? And extra $240 for each contract term? And will the carriers let you remove and iphone from your plan and allow you to drop to a $10/mo bill even if you are not through the 2 year cycle?

what am I missing?
    09-18-2012 08:27 AM
    I upgraded to the 5 from the 4S because:

Bigger and better screen
    Better processor
    Better cameras
    The 5 look friggin' sexy!!

I would like to say I upgraded for LTE, and there is a small percentage of reason for that, but in my area all we have is HSPA+. I am selling my old phone and cash flowing the difference. I have no regrets. BTW, have you seen how sexy this itineration this iPhone will be?!?!?
    09-18-2012 08:31 AM
    I just got my 4s in June. And though I have three upgrades available I am keeping my 4s. Getting a second 4s for hella cheap also!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    09-18-2012 09:18 AM
    Can someone explain what this means? You have another line that you can upgrade?

What am I missing? If you have multiple lines and one of them currently has an iphone on it. You get the new iphone on the upgradeable line? Why do you have an extra line? Are you just paying and extra $10/mo for this option? And extra $240 for each contract term? And will the carriers let you remove and iphone from your plan and allow you to drop to a $10/mo bill even if you are not through the 2 year cycle?

what am I missing?
    He most likely has a family share plan with multiple lines on it. When one of the other lines are available upgrade, you can do an alternate upgrade, and upgrade a line that's not eligible. The line that was eligible will be locked into another 2 year agreement, and the line the iPhone went to will still keep its original upgrade date.
    09-18-2012 09:57 AM
    i say do it - YOLO
    Finally someone is doing it right!
    09-18-2012 10:16 AM
    I haven't even had my 4S for quite a year yet. No features from the 5 really stand out to me. I doubt I'd even like the bigger screen and paying retail is out of the question
    09-18-2012 10:20 AM
    I'm upgrading for reasons 1-3, & 5 (4 is not a reason IMO since it is available and equal in the 4S). I don't have a problem buying a new iPhone once a year to enjoy Apple's latest & greatest, it's the device I have on me at all times and use all day long everyday.
    09-18-2012 10:22 AM

what am I missing?
    I'm on a family plan with 4 lines, 2 of which are iPhones, 2 dumb phones. I get a new one every year and give my wife my old one, and sell hers. I got the 4S last year on my line, so this year I'm using her line to order, then swapping SIMs.

AT&T has a support page for getting an iPhone 5 on another line.
    Last edited by johndhynes; 09-18-2012 at 12:56 PM.
    09-18-2012 12:28 PM
    I have a 4s and personally think it can be a waste to do the yearly upgrade. Ios6 works just fine on my iPhone and I cannot bring myself to waste more money to do a yearly upgrade on my phone. I'm keeping it for at least another year and think I made a good decision. If there are people out there who can afford the upgrade I say enjoy your iPhone!
    09-18-2012 05:15 PM
    Had the iPhone 4, got the 4S in March, and pre-ordered the iPhone 5 last friday at midnight. Why? Well mainly for the 4G.
    09-18-2012 06:01 PM

what am I missing?
    I have 4 lines, 2 have iPhones and 2 have dumb phones.
    6 months ago it was 3 iPhones and 1 dumb phone.

I wasn't using all 3 iPhones so I sold one, kept the line active, got a cheap dumb phone, and dropped the data plan. The phone was still under contract and AT&T had no problem with me doing that. Now I just pay the extra $9 for just voice on the old iPhone line.
    09-18-2012 10:25 PM
    I have 4 lines, 2 have iPhones and 2 have dumb phones.
    6 months ago it was 3 iPhones and 1 dumb phone.

I wasn't using all 3 iPhones so I sold one, kept the line active, got a cheap dumb phone, and dropped the data plan. The phone was still under contract and AT&T had no problem with me doing that. Now I just pay the extra $9 for just voice on the old iPhone line.
    Almost exactly the same here. Put my old 3GS on a dumb line a few months ago, with cell data disabled. Two months later AT&T tried charging for an unnecessary 3 GB data plan, even though not a single byte of data was ever used. The person decided they preferred a dumb phone anyway, so I sold the 3GS and cancelled the data plan. Now have a 4, 4S and two dumb phones, selling the 4 to get a 5.
    09-18-2012 10:56 PM
    I also just have the iPhone 4S in June.
    much envy those guys who have got the new iPhone 5. so exicting.
    09-20-2012 10:32 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD