Apple Store App Early Upgrade Eligibility

subie09lega

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I bought my 4s right after launch day last year and AT&T says I can purchase at full retail and that I might get a discount in May '13. I've always received and early upgrade rate in the past (though I don't really expect one as I know they fork over a lot of money for the phone and I have a discount rate on my bill through my employer). This isn't the full upgrade discount but cheaper than full retail. Anyway, I noticed an interesting thing when I checked my eligibility on the Apple Store app. There it says that I can pay full retail price but on the anniversary of my 4s purchase, the price drops to the early upgrade rate - $200 less than retail. This is the price I was hoping for when I checked on AT&T.
Anyone else seeing this through AT&T or other carriers?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Yeah. Lots of people get this. It's the subsidized price of the phone plus a $250 "early upgrade" fee. I have
the same thing. Which I'm choosing not to use.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Ordered my 5 through the app store app, and same - bought 4S last year at launch, but got the "early upgrade" price (ie. subsidized + 250)... I was just happy it wasn't full retail... i don't think vzw does this (I'm on at&t)...

subie09lega

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Ordered my 5 through the app store app, and same - bought 4S last year at launch, but got the "early upgrade" price (ie. subsidized + 250)... I was just happy it wasn't full retail... i don't think vzw does this (I'm on at&t)...

LCW, did it already allow you to order at the early upgrade price? When I add it to the cart it only shows the full retail price and says I can't get the lower price until 10/16.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711