iPhone vs. Galaxy SIII

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm sick of blow hard apple sheep that pretend to know everything about everything. My only interest in the case is seeing justice served properly. We should have a choice and all Apple does is try to eliminate the choice. It's apparent in everything they do. It's Apple's way or the highway. You're such a sucker - Apple continues to charge way more than they should, you pay it and the rich get richer. How is that ok for Apple but not for ExxonMobil or Bank of America? When they make profits people want to lynch someone.

You're simply rambling on now. You talk about only wanting justice served properly, but it's so clear from your posts on here that you are simply interested in seeing Apple fall. Apple tries to eliminate choice? You seriously don't have the FIRST clue what this lawsuit was all about then...and you're a fool if you would take any other road but the one Apple did against Samsung.

You have ZERO interest in the idea of justice being served, the only justice you want is on the side of anyone taking on Apple, who you've taken a personal stake in attacking, but you do it with such little credibility to your stance. It's really a shame, I'd personally like someone to come here and start one of these "debates" that actually had a clue, it might make for some good arguing and reading. Unfortunately you're certainly not that person...

Speaking of suckers...you talk like a person that walked into an Apple store and couldn't afford to buy the shiny things he wanted so you took the low road of attacking people who can. What a pitiful existence that is. Why are you here? You seem to have such disdain for Apple and all of it's products, the only logical reasoning would be trolling...there's a group of you here, do you all get together and take turns on who's going to start the same repetitive arguments every week?

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
My question is: What happened to Samsung's threat to sue Apple for LTE patent infringement "as soon as they announce the iPhone 5"? BS, or is it in the works? I've heard nothing about any suit actually being filed.

Hopefully that will happen soon. Has there been any action on this?

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
tvs look the same, operate the same...cars look the same, operate the same (with some design changes on the exterior...like samsung v apple). I have never in my life confused an apple product with a samsung product.

My gut tells me apple sans steve jobs are on a downward slope of innovation. they can no longer compete with google/android anymore so they're collecting patents as sort of a pension for their future.

it doesn't matter...buy what you want, enjoy it. they're making money while you spend money (unless you're an app developer)

But why innovate when you can litigate and have the competition banned?

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
We need to settle down with the argumentum ad homine and realize that Apple, like all corporations i.e. Google, Samsung etc etc, has a fiduciary responsibility to its shareholders to maximize profits. Not doing so is unlawful.

If we dont like the patent system because it hurts competition.... then we have to change it.

As a shareholder, I want Apple to protect its intellectual property... as they are entitled to under the present law.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
You're simply rambling on now. You talk about only wanting justice served properly, but it's so clear from your posts on here that you are simply interested in seeing Apple fall. Apple tries to eliminate choice? You seriously don't have the FIRST clue what this lawsuit was all about then...and you're a fool if you would take any other road but the one Apple did against Samsung.

You have ZERO interest in the idea of justice being served, the only justice you want is on the side of anyone taking on Apple, who you've taken a personal stake in attacking, but you do it with such little credibility to your stance. It's really a shame, I'd personally like someone to come here and start one of these "debates" that actually had a clue, it might make for some good arguing and reading. Unfortunately you're certainly not that person...

Speaking of suckers...you talk like a person that walked into an Apple store and couldn't afford to buy the shiny things he wanted so you took the low road of attacking people who can. What a pitiful existence that is. Why are you here? You seem to have such disdain for Apple and all of it's products, the only logical reasoning would be trolling...there's a group of you here, do you all get together and take turns on who's going to start the same repetitive arguments every week?

I have nothing bad to say about the products themselves. I have two ipads and an ipod and have owned every version of iphone on verizon. The products work and they work well. The issues I have with Apple are that they are using the broken US patent system to eliminate competition and that all they have to do is slap their name on something and people like you buy it without even trying it first. People are so blind to the apple marketing machine. It's really quite a testament to Apple. I know some very smart people that blindly buy anything apple and when I ask them why, the biggest reason is because it's from apple.

Jobs said he would never produce a 7" tablet. Yeah, that will be out by Christmas. Jobs said Android fragmentation will never happen on Apple. Yeah, the 16:9 ip5 just took care of that. Gotta love those pretty black bars and the need for developers to now have to write two sets of code for every app. In more ways than one, Apple is becoming what Jobs never wanted. And why is this happening? The consumers want choice, not a dictatorship.

I'm done with you. You are clearly one of the blind and there is absolutely nothing anyone can say to get you out of that stupid little box you're in.

Unsubscribed.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
6jKwaBtp6k-ei4xsXwkljg2.jpg

ANMkGf_mQ0C9JR-kjUe-1w2.jpg

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
as an owner of an ipad and samsung gs3, I have to say these patent wars are only going to hurt the consumer. I prefer android over ios overall, but apple makes a better tablet at the moment. the GS3 is such an amazing device that I suggest you check it out before purchasing the iphone5. once GS3 is updated to jelly bean it will include google now which has a slightly better voice search compared to siri. just my dos centavos.

"once GS3 is updated to jelly bean"
This is my biggest problem with android. It is a great OS but Google doesn't hold the manufacturers or service providers accountable like Apple does.
-android phones come bogged down with service providers and manufacturers crapware. Tons of it.
-the SGS3 is a flagship phone that is two months old and already doesn't have the latest OS and won't for months.
-manufacturers and service providers abandon phones within months, Samsung is ready to announce the SGS3's replacement before it reaches 6 months old
-they create ways to see if you root your phone so they can void your warranty

The above are major reasons IMO of how IOS blows away Android at the moment. My iPhone doesn't come with a bunch of AT&T crap loaded, I can jailbreak it and as long as I restore it Apple doesn't care, and prior to IOS 5 & 6 Apple gave updates to all of their devices.

I am currently using a SGS3 but am returning it due to the above reasons. The phone is amazing but I will be stuck with outdated software by the end of the year when Samsung is focused on the Note 2 and SGS4.

Last edited:

xofruitcake

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site

Or you can do what Google did, threaten Acer that they will pull Android license from Acer if they go ahead and release a phone base on Alibarba's Aliyu mobile OS... Asking a company not to enforce their right to their patent is an open invitation for the thieves in the neighborhood to take away all your possession. Are you interesting in sharing your TV with your friendly neighbor? If you read enough about how Android started and what Google is doing with it, I don't think you will have that much of respect of the Android open source movement. Google put together Andriod by pirating software from different companies to put together Android. And now Google is using Android as a leverage trying to avoid competition.

FOSS Patents: If Google can cancel Acer's license, why should Apple have to grant one to Google?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

If the "competitors" would stop copying Apple and violating their patents, and create something competitive on their own, then Apple could spend less time litigating. It's called protecting their intellectual property.

rew001

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
No only read headlines! Figured I'd ask hear to skip the reading..

Your response makes it much clearer now.

Thank you and now I can skip the reading because of people like you in the iMore community that actually help other members.

:)

Wow. Is the typical Apple fan viewpoint? Personally, I do my own reading.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mc511#CB

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I have a galaxy s2 and like it actually. O think both apple and Samsung make great products. So glad to hear that my older 3gs can be updated to iOS 6. That's actually what almost wins me over about apple is their updates. My s2 may never get jellybean though which sucks. Google needs to fix that asap. This April when my upgrade arrives I have so many choices from a galaxy s3, and iPhone 5,or a lumia 920. So stooked to choose and decide.

Also I read back about someone saying something about how a poster choose the low road and went with Android over the fancy apple products that are expensive. Please forgive me but that sounds a bit elitist. Well for me at least choosing my phone is a matter of personal preference. I wanted to have the 4g lte, I wanted to try something not iOS for once. Besides you forget that apple doesn't charge much nowadays for their previous phone or the one before that at least on a new contract

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh