Yeah many of the companies license patents from Microsoft (including Apple) so if they start trying to side step MS then it's going to get even worst for them if they are already involved in a patent mess.
    Yep. In fact, I'm pretty sure Microsoft makes 12 dollars off of every Android device.
    09-17-2012 04:25 PM
    Their appeal was already denied, their secondary appeal does not look even as strong as the first...
    Ok, so you've seen the appeal arguments from Samsung? You have zero clue what you're talking about.
    09-17-2012 04:31 PM
    Ok, so you've seen the appeal arguments from Samsung? You have zero clue what you're talking about.
    I have zero clue what I'm talking about? Ok sweetheart...

Samsung, Nike, InBev, Apple, Warhol: Intellectual Propert - Businessweek
    Samsung Won't Have to Pay Apple $1bn Until 2013 - CIO India News on | CIO.in
    Samsung Appeal May Take Several Tacks - WSJ.com
    Apple injunction hearing against Samsung phones set for Dec. 6 | Apple - CNET News

...I've been watching this entire situation like a hawk as i own some apple stock and want to stay on top of any major trends. Believe it or not, most of this stuff get's talked about just about every day on the stock planning forums (especially on Reddit, where the subject is a daily source of laughs from the less PC traders on there).

Also, F' off kiddo.
    Last edited by SeanHRCC; 09-17-2012 at 05:58 PM.
    09-17-2012 05:55 PM
    I don't even know why they should bother applying the ban again... We all know by the time they will be able to ban it, the GSIII will already be reaching the end of its life cycle just like the Nexus... Perhaps NOT according to the carriers of course, but certainly according to Samsung's "four high end devices a year" market... The Note 2 will out, the new Nexus will out, and everybody will forget about the GSIII just like they did with the GSII - all said former versions are like 30$ on a data contract now, after not even a year's release. By that time, Google will probably release a new Android version and what we'll learn is that the GSIII is not compatible anyway... No worry, they'll announce the GSIV, all will be well... Every Android user will be happy, even if the GSIV is not compatible neither with that newest hot version of Android.
    09-17-2012 06:45 PM
    I have zero clue what I'm talking about? Ok sweetheart...

Samsung, Nike, InBev, Apple, Warhol: Intellectual Propert - Businessweek

Samsung Won't Have to Pay Apple $1bn Until 2013 - CIO India News on | CIO.in

Samsung Appeal May Take Several Tacks - WSJ.com

Apple injunction hearing against Samsung phones set for Dec. 6 | Apple - CNET News

...I've been watching this entire situation like a hawk as i own some apple stock and want to stay on top of any major trends. Believe it or not, most of this stuff get's talked about just about every day on the stock planning forums (especially on Reddit, where the subject is a daily source of laughs from the less PC traders on there).

Also, F' off kiddo.

Because any of those know what the appeal is going to look like. They don't and neither do you.
    09-17-2012 09:10 PM
    Because any of those know what the appeal is going to look like. They don't and neither do you.
    You take it personally like you know anything about it...how much money do you have riding on the outcome of this situation? I thought so...
    09-17-2012 09:48 PM
    So i know that Samsung lost the patent lawsuit against Apple and was wondering why?

Is their software identical to iOS? Or was this a pure design of the product issue?

I just find it hard to believe that anyone would mistake a Galaxy SIII for an iPhone..

I mean the build quality alone is sub par to Apple.

I just don't think it was necessary for Apple to sue Samsung. Is Apple really threatened by Samsung.. I would think not...
    Their lawsuits didn't involve the GSIII. It mainly involved the International Galaxy S, as well as various software implementations such as bounceback and staggering UI similarities.
    09-18-2012 12:00 AM
    You take it personally like you know anything about it...how much money do you have riding on the outcome of this situation? I thought so...
    I'm sick of blow hard apple sheep that pretend to know everything about everything. My only interest in the case is seeing justice served properly. We should have a choice and all Apple does is try to eliminate the choice. It's apparent in everything they do. It's Apple's way or the highway. You're such a sucker - Apple continues to charge way more than they should, you pay it and the rich get richer. How is that ok for Apple but not for ExxonMobil or Bank of America? When they make profits people want to lynch someone.
    09-18-2012 08:43 AM
    I don't even know why they should bother applying the ban again... We all know by the time they will be able to ban it, the GSIII will already be reaching the end of its life cycle just like the Nexus... Perhaps NOT according to the carriers of course, but certainly according to Samsung's "four high end devices a year" market... The Note 2 will out, the new Nexus will out, and everybody will forget about the GSIII just like they did with the GSII - all said former versions are like 30$ on a data contract now, after not even a year's release. By that time, Google will probably release a new Android version and what we'll learn is that the GSIII is not compatible anyway... No worry, they'll announce the GSIV, all will be well... Every Android user will be happy, even if the GSIV is not compatible neither with that newest hot version of Android.
    Ya, they already said that Samsung will announce the S4 in February at Mobile World Congress....

The life expectancy on these things is ridiculousness.

But really at the end of the day they pretty much all do the same thing.

Email, calls, text, games, voice chat etc...
    09-18-2012 08:47 AM
    kjjb0204 vs SeanHRCC

09-18-2012 09:06 AM
    as an owner of an ipad and samsung gs3, I have to say these patent wars are only going to hurt the consumer. I prefer android over ios overall, but apple makes a better tablet at the moment. the GS3 is such an amazing device that I suggest you check it out before purchasing the iphone5. once GS3 is updated to jelly bean it will include google now which has a slightly better voice search compared to siri. just my dos centavos.
    09-18-2012 09:41 AM
    as an owner of an ipad and samsung gs3, I have to say these patent wars are only going to hurt the consumer. I prefer android over ios overall, but apple makes a better tablet at the moment. the GS3 is such an amazing device that I suggest you check it out before purchasing the iphone5. once GS3 is updated to jelly bean it will include google now which has a slightly better voice search compared to siri. just my dos centavos.
    I just wish iOS had a file manager type app.
    09-18-2012 09:43 AM
    I'm sick of blow hard apple sheep that pretend to know everything about everything.
    I'm sick to death of blowhards like you that say crap like this.

You want choice?? The choice you appear to advocate is Apple vs something someone copied from Apple. How 'bout the people with the copy machine do their own work, and offer up a real choice?
    SkyBaby2 likes this.
    09-18-2012 09:44 AM
    tvs look the same, operate the same...cars look the same, operate the same (with some design changes on the exterior...like samsung v apple). I have never in my life confused an apple product with a samsung product.

My gut tells me apple sans steve jobs are on a downward slope of innovation. they can no longer compete with google/android anymore so they're collecting patents as sort of a pension for their future.

it doesn't matter...buy what you want, enjoy it. they're making money while you spend money (unless you're an app developer)
    09-18-2012 09:53 AM
    Looks like some "genius" in the Samsung marketing department screwed up. The SamsungMobileUSA Facebook page asked the question: "If you could only take one electronic device on to a deserted island, what would it be?" ... interesting response:

Looks like everyone wants an iPhone.

Samsung cant catch a break. Samsung Mobile USA posted the following question on their Facebook page If you could only take one electronic device on a deserted island, what would it be?
    They probably figured fans would respond that they would totally take their Galaxy S3 or some other Samsung device that no one cares about. But when youre on a fantasy island, you probably want the best phone possible, right?
    So rather than receiving a mob of responses declaring their desire to never be parted with their Galaxy S3, a lot of people just said that they wanted an iPhone 5. Or an electric boat.
    Sorry, Samsung. Maybe people will actually want the S4?

Read more at Samsung Learns The Hard Way That Everyone Wants An iPhone 5 [Image] | Cult of Mac
    09-18-2012 10:05 AM
    I'm sick of blow hard apple sheep that pretend to know everything about everything. My only interest in the case is seeing justice served properly. We should have a choice and all Apple does is try to eliminate the choice. It's apparent in everything they do. It's Apple's way or the highway. You're such a sucker - Apple continues to charge way more than they should, you pay it and the rich get richer. How is that ok for Apple but not for ExxonMobil or Bank of America? When they make profits people want to lynch someone.
    You're simply rambling on now. You talk about only wanting justice served properly, but it's so clear from your posts on here that you are simply interested in seeing Apple fall. Apple tries to eliminate choice? You seriously don't have the FIRST clue what this lawsuit was all about then...and you're a fool if you would take any other road but the one Apple did against Samsung.

You have ZERO interest in the idea of justice being served, the only justice you want is on the side of anyone taking on Apple, who you've taken a personal stake in attacking, but you do it with such little credibility to your stance. It's really a shame, I'd personally like someone to come here and start one of these "debates" that actually had a clue, it might make for some good arguing and reading. Unfortunately you're certainly not that person...

Speaking of suckers...you talk like a person that walked into an Apple store and couldn't afford to buy the shiny things he wanted so you took the low road of attacking people who can. What a pitiful existence that is. Why are you here? You seem to have such disdain for Apple and all of it's products, the only logical reasoning would be trolling...there's a group of you here, do you all get together and take turns on who's going to start the same repetitive arguments every week?
    SkyBaby2 likes this.
    09-18-2012 11:27 AM
    How about that Boost Mobile i95!?
    09-18-2012 12:04 PM
    My question is: What happened to Samsung's threat to sue Apple for LTE patent infringement "as soon as they announce the iPhone 5"? BS, or is it in the works? I've heard nothing about any suit actually being filed.
    Hopefully that will happen soon. Has there been any action on this?
    09-18-2012 12:30 PM
    tvs look the same, operate the same...cars look the same, operate the same (with some design changes on the exterior...like samsung v apple). I have never in my life confused an apple product with a samsung product.

My gut tells me apple sans steve jobs are on a downward slope of innovation. they can no longer compete with google/android anymore so they're collecting patents as sort of a pension for their future.

it doesn't matter...buy what you want, enjoy it. they're making money while you spend money (unless you're an app developer)
    But why innovate when you can litigate and have the competition banned?
    09-18-2012 04:24 PM
    We need to settle down with the argumentum ad homine and realize that Apple, like all corporations i.e. Google, Samsung etc etc, has a fiduciary responsibility to its shareholders to maximize profits. Not doing so is unlawful.

If we dont like the patent system because it hurts competition.... then we have to change it.

As a shareholder, I want Apple to protect its intellectual property... as they are entitled to under the present law.
    09-18-2012 05:05 PM
    You're simply rambling on now. You talk about only wanting justice served properly, but it's so clear from your posts on here that you are simply interested in seeing Apple fall. Apple tries to eliminate choice? You seriously don't have the FIRST clue what this lawsuit was all about then...and you're a fool if you would take any other road but the one Apple did against Samsung.

You have ZERO interest in the idea of justice being served, the only justice you want is on the side of anyone taking on Apple, who you've taken a personal stake in attacking, but you do it with such little credibility to your stance. It's really a shame, I'd personally like someone to come here and start one of these "debates" that actually had a clue, it might make for some good arguing and reading. Unfortunately you're certainly not that person...

Speaking of suckers...you talk like a person that walked into an Apple store and couldn't afford to buy the shiny things he wanted so you took the low road of attacking people who can. What a pitiful existence that is. Why are you here? You seem to have such disdain for Apple and all of it's products, the only logical reasoning would be trolling...there's a group of you here, do you all get together and take turns on who's going to start the same repetitive arguments every week?
    I have nothing bad to say about the products themselves. I have two ipads and an ipod and have owned every version of iphone on verizon. The products work and they work well. The issues I have with Apple are that they are using the broken US patent system to eliminate competition and that all they have to do is slap their name on something and people like you buy it without even trying it first. People are so blind to the apple marketing machine. It's really quite a testament to Apple. I know some very smart people that blindly buy anything apple and when I ask them why, the biggest reason is because it's from apple.

Jobs said he would never produce a 7" tablet. Yeah, that will be out by Christmas. Jobs said Android fragmentation will never happen on Apple. Yeah, the 16:9 ip5 just took care of that. Gotta love those pretty black bars and the need for developers to now have to write two sets of code for every app. In more ways than one, Apple is becoming what Jobs never wanted. And why is this happening? The consumers want choice, not a dictatorship.

I'm done with you. You are clearly one of the blind and there is absolutely nothing anyone can say to get you out of that stupid little box you're in.

Unsubscribed.
    09-18-2012 05:19 PM
    Unsubscribed.
    Thank god. Next...
    09-18-2012 06:12 PM

gvndeb60 likes this.
    09-18-2012 07:17 PM
    Galaxy S 3!! No competition. :thumbup:
    09-18-2012 09:48 PM
    "once GS3 is updated to jelly bean"
    This is my biggest problem with android. It is a great OS but Google doesn't hold the manufacturers or service providers accountable like Apple does.
    -android phones come bogged down with service providers and manufacturers crapware. Tons of it.
    -the SGS3 is a flagship phone that is two months old and already doesn't have the latest OS and won't for months.
    -manufacturers and service providers abandon phones within months, Samsung is ready to announce the SGS3's replacement before it reaches 6 months old
    -they create ways to see if you root your phone so they can void your warranty

The above are major reasons IMO of how IOS blows away Android at the moment. My iPhone doesn't come with a bunch of AT&T crap loaded, I can jailbreak it and as long as I restore it Apple doesn't care, and prior to IOS 5 & 6 Apple gave updates to all of their devices.

I am currently using a SGS3 but am returning it due to the above reasons. The phone is amazing but I will be stuck with outdated software by the end of the year when Samsung is focused on the Note 2 and SGS4.
    Last edited by Gvndeb60; 09-18-2012 at 10:06 PM.
    09-18-2012 10:03 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD