Where should I order it from?

Shad0w26

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I will be upgrading to the iPhone 5. I made up my mind today so I'm a bit late on the pre-ordering.

Where is it the best place to order it from? Getting it on the 21st would be great.

I was thinking of ordering directly from Apple.com or ATT.com...

I was also thinking going early Friday morning to NYC and see how that goes. If this is a better option, what store would be a good one to go to? I know the 5th Ave store is going to be hell.

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I preordered from apple in the morning on the 14th and got October 5 th as my shipment date so I don't even know what the orders are gonna look like now. I'm planning to hit up Verizon and best buy Friday morning though.

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Well, your not getting it on the 21st. That ship has already sailed both figuratively and literally. I ordered yesterday and got mine from Verizon directly. Ordering from Apple just invites issues in the process. You have to have to order from Apple and hope there isn't any issues with Apple and AT&T's systems. Most of the time it works fine. But there are issues to. Take a look at the preorder threads and you'll see most of the issues with any of the providers are with those that ordered through Apple.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I preordered from apple in the morning on the 14th and got October 5 th as my shipment date so I don't even know what the orders are gonna look like now. I'm planning to hit up Verizon and best buy Friday morning though.

Unless you have multiple lines eligible for upgrades, you won't get the upgrade price... that upgrade was already used for the phone you ordered from Apple. If you want to try to find one in-store, I'd strongly suggest that you cancel you Apple order NOW and then contact VZW about restoring your upgrade...

Unfortunately, that's how it all works.

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
You most likely won't be able to pre-order and get it on the 21st but if you have some free time you maybe be able to get lucky waiting in line.

I'd go with Walmart or your carrier store. The Apple stores will be completely crazy.

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Unless you have multiple lines eligible for upgrades, you won't get the upgrade price... that upgrade was already used for the phone you ordered from Apple. If you want to try to find one in-store, I'd strongly suggest that you cancel you Apple order NOW and then contact VZW about restoring your upgrade...

Unfortunately, that's how it all works.

I'm paying full retail so it doesn't matter. If I get it Friday then great, I'll cancel my apple order. If not, then I'll just wait for apple.

Shad0w26

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

Hmm. Thanks for that info. I guess on Friday I'll be shopping around stores to see if I can find it anywhere. Thank god for unlimited MetroCard

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok, well, at least THAT problem is solved. :) Good luck with the hunt...

Thanks! I live in a fairly rural area so I'm hoping there won't be too much crazy traffic. I'm planning to post up at about 7am the morning of. That may be a bit risky but I'm not hardcore enough to do it any earlier lol

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! I live in a fairly rural area so I'm hoping there won't be too much crazy traffic. I'm planning to post up at about 7am the morning of. That may be a bit risky but I'm not hardcore enough to do it any earlier lol

Yeah, I hear that. I need my beauty sleep. :)

Droidrage729

May 31, 2012
Visit site
How about pre ordering from carrier then showing up at your carrier store on release date to cancel the per order and buy ?

Last edited:

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

I have heard people of going at 6am day of release and getting it. I remember last year on the 4S launch I passed 2 Verizon stores on my way to work. 1 had a line of a bunch of people, the other had a few cars in the parking lot and no line at all. I was kind of shocked that the one had no line at all.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711