Still flabbergasted that the called it the iPhone 5

guinnkevinr

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why it's bothering me but iPhone 5? Really? All signs point to 6. It's the 6th Generation AND follow the cycle

iPhone (1)
3G (2)
3GS (3)
4 (4!!!!)
4S (5)
5? (6)

Either way, I can't wait to receive it!!!

snuffleupagus99

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
you should send apple an email explaining their error. There's still time, an army of unskilled laborers and countless sharpie's and all would be right with your world. Or you could just let it go guy.

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Why does this bother people so much? The Grand Theft Auto video game series has crazy numbers too. Grand Theft Auto 5 which comes out next year is the 15th entry in the GTA universe.

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Apple has to name things keeping the average consumer in mind, not just those that are really into it. The average consumer has no clue what generation of hardware it is. If they named it the six most folks are going to be wondering what happened to the 5. They've identified their naming progression with a new number every year and an S in between. Eventually they will move to something else as I don't see their being an iPhone 12 but until that happens this is what we have and I'm fine with it. It's a darn name, I could really care less what they called no less have it actually bother me.

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
This thread was started in sarcasm, right?

But if this is a serious thread.... 3G < 3GS < 4 < 4S < 6? Why the heck would they skip 5? Makes no sense.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't understand why people are so surprised it's called iPhone 5. There was an iPhone 4s it is totally silly no matter the generation to think they would call it iPhone 6. Apple doesn't care about anyone that would actually know the generations. They care about the 50 year old walking into a store finally fed up with their feature phone.

Shhhhhhhhhh I'll let you in on the biggest secret of all though, the real reason it's called the iPhone 5 is because if it wasn't there would be

iPhone 6
on iOS 6
using A6 processor

even Apple wont tempt the fates with that one :D

Reactions: DrBit2011

jayfry

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why it's bothering me but iPhone 5? Really? All signs point to 6. It's the 6th Generation AND follow the cycle

iPhone (1)
3G (2)
3GS (3)
4 (4!!!!)
4S (5)
5? (6)

Either way, I can't wait to receive it!!!

Sooo why arn't people mad that they didn't call the 3g iphone 2, then 3gs iphone 3, the 4S the iphone 5?

lol so dumb. they call it what they call it.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
If they wouldve called it iPhone 6 : people wouldve said WTF, how come they went from iPhone 4 to 6 ?

If they wouldve named it New iPhone, Everyone wouldve referd to it as iPhone 5 anyway. Just like the new iPad that most people call iPad 3 ;)

iPhone 5 was the right move, cause there had been lots of hype for an iPhone 5 for a year and a half and all the free media advertisement put iPhone 5 in people's heads where Apple would really didnt have to do much to get the name out there and just take pre-orders ;) :)

guinnkevinr

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
It's still nice to have one last laugh at the idiots obsessed about it being called iphone 6.

I'm sorry that me having a brain and practicing free speech (And just having some fun in the excitement of waiting for my new phone to come) makes you assume I'm an idiot. You must not have enough mirrors in your house.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm sorry that me having a brain and practicing free speech (And just having some fun in the excitement of waiting for my new phone to come) makes you assume I'm an idiot. You must not have enough mirrors in your house.
6C965B21-BBBF-47B8-B04B-438A6D61C41C-2206-0000015FCF3D9FB4.jpg

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I think they used some common marketing psychology. Everyone's called it the iPhone 5 and that's what people were expecting. Apple builds on that hype and takes advantage of the sales it brings.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal