Still flabbergasted that the called it the iPhone 5

Eddieh33

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why it's bothering me but iPhone 5? Really? All signs point to 6. It's the 6th Generation AND follow the cycle

iPhone (1)
3G (2)
3GS (3)
4 (4!!!!)
4S (5)
5? (6)

Either way, I can't wait to receive it!!!
Hey! Once and for all let me explain this to you...the 3GS and the 4S are NOT GENERATIONAL DEVICES!!! They are just step up of original designs! the Iphone 1 is generation 2, the 3G is generation 3, the 4 is generation 4. Heck THIS should be the Iphone 4 BUT They started the Iphone with Generation 2 BECAUSE the Motorola ROKR is actually considered generation 1 so now you understand why they called it the Iphone 5!

s.davis9

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why it's bothering me but iPhone 5? Really? All signs point to 6. It's the 6th Generation AND follow the cycle

iPhone (1)
3G (2)
3GS (3)
4 (4!!!!)
4S (5)
5? (6)

Either way, I can't wait to receive it!!!
The thing is that Apple was never really concerned with naming its product based on the version that is currently available, in regards to any of their products. if that were the case then the iPhone 3g would have been dubbed the iPhone 2 and the 4s would have been dubbed the 5. Similarly, their new iPad would have been the "3" and the mac os X or mac os 10 would have been well into its teens by now. Apple is more concerned with what the hell sounds cool to them, and hopefully it sounds cool to the public. Apple has been able to leap to the head of the tech world because they are nto held back by what seems logical... they are driven by innovation, creativity and all the other words that help to explain my point.

CORYK333

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry that me having a brain and practicing free speech (And just having some fun in the excitement of waiting for my new phone to come) makes you assume I'm an idiot. You must not have enough mirrors in your house.
Wow, really dude?? I know you are but what am I type 'ish.....smh

Trenchfoote#IM

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused, most everyone here is focused on why it shouldn't be called the iPhone 6. Yet, no one as asked where the official iPhone 2 is! I want the iPhone 2!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal