Can you transfer Apple Care + plan from 4S to 5?

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I know you can transfer your Apple Care + plan to a new owner if you sell your old phones, but can you transfer your Apple Care + plan to your new phone???

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Plan is tied to the device which is why you can change the owner by not the device itself. Should help you get a couple more bucks for resale though to purchase the new plan.

I'll probably go squaretrade since they are running a special for 65 bucks and their coverage include accidental damage that apple care doesn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: 0pusX

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Nope. Plan is tied to the device which is why you can change the owner by not the device itself. Should help you get a couple more bucks for resale though to purchase the new plan.

I'll probably go squaretrade since they are running a special for 65 bucks and their coverage include accidental damage that apple care doesn't.

Apple Care + does cover accidentally coverage. It has since the 4S. It will cover up to 2 instances with a $49 deductible.

Reactions: scorpiodsu

mondaygroove

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Actually...
(ii) With Transfer From Original Covered Equipment to New Covered Equipment. You may
make a one time, permanent transfer of the coverage under the Plan to a new Apple
product that is owned and purchased by you within thirty (30) days of the Covered
Equipment purchase. The new product must be eligible for coverage under the Plan and
at the time of transfer both products must be covered under the manufacturer?s one (1)
year limited warranty. Apple will issue a Plan Confirmation for the new product, which
will then become the Covered Equipment. When notifying Apple of the transfer, you
must provide the Plan Agreement Number, the serial numbers and Proof of Purchase of
the products being transferred by sending or faxing, where available, notice of transfer
to Apple as set forth in the section immediately above.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711