When are we going to see an official iPhone 5 review?

mickeycj

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm still new to the iPhone world, as I switch to the iPhone 4 the last month and am now waiting for my 5 to arrive. A little curious when should we expect to see an official review of the 5. So far all the reviews I've seen are from the hands on preview from the announcement but no in depth review yet. I was hoping they would have come out by now.

I'm interested to see the tests on battery life. I have heard that LTE is a battery killer.

iLoveApple16

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't think any reviewers have gotten their hands on the iPhone 5 just like the rest of us. Give it a week after Friday and everyone will be posting about their experiences with it.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Apple doesn't break the street day for anyone or any company so no one has it yet

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm still new to the iPhone world, as I switch to the iPhone 4 the last month and am now waiting for my 5 to arrive. A little curious when should we expect to see an official review of the 5. So far all the reviews I've seen are from the hands on preview from the announcement but no in depth review yet. I was hoping they would have come out by now.

I'm interested to see the tests on battery life. I have heard that LTE is a battery killer.

They actually do give a few select journalists the iPhone early, but its top secret and the reviews can't be released until Friday.

None of these select few would dare admit they have a review unit though.

Watch for the reviews Friday morning and you will see...

Reactions: Mr.Mcgoo

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
The select reviews usually come out 3 days or so before release. I'd expect to see them tues or wed night.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
iPhone 4S review | The Verge

That one among others like USAtoday, nytimes, wsj, etc, all rolled out at 9pm, on oct 11 (tues night). The iphone 4S didn't release til the 14th (a friday). Same thing for previous releases..this one won't be any different.

On Fri, people will be in stores, not reading reviews.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

That one among others like USAtoday, nytimes, wsj, etc, all rolled out at 9pm, on oct 11 (tues night). The iphone 4S didn't release til the 14th (a friday). Same thing for previous releases..this one won't be any different.

Agreed. Walt Mossberg (WSJ) and David Pogue (NYT) will have the iPhone 5 early and will most definitely have reviews ready to go earlier than 9/21...

yeyeman9

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site

Nice. That is what I was thinking too. The reviews should be up before the release, it will amount to the hype plus people might be able to decide whether or not they finally want one.

Hopefully tomorrow might be the day we start seeing them pop up...

Thanks for the research.

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site

I just checked out the review. Look at that short, stubby little screen. Ha!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711