I ordered mine on the apple store site. This is a stupid question but somewhere on the apple site it says that you can pickup orders done online in a retail store.
    http://aos.prf.hn/click/camref:1100l...pping_delivery
    http://aos.prf.hn/click/camref:1100l...us/help/iphone
    http://aos.prf.hn/click/camref:1100l...hanging_orders

I doubt it but is it possible to speed up the in my hands date by opting to pick it up in a retail store?
    E.g. Ship date 2 weeks and Delivery date of October 5 but select pick up in store and get one on Sept. 21

Grasping at straws here. LOL.
    Last edited by ekneeiphone; 09-16-2012 at 09:50 AM.
    09-16-2012 09:41 AM
    no, you cant do it
    09-16-2012 10:46 AM
    I spoke with an Apple rep at my local store about that on Wednesday. She said that it was possible and that they'd even have 2 lines - one for "walk ups" and one for picking up pre-orders... however, when I pre-ordered my phone Friday morning (from Apple), I did not see an option to pick it up.
    09-16-2012 10:57 AM
    Can't. Not only can't, but really can't.

You can't even cancel the order in store and buy one same day because it takes an act of God to get your upgrade date back to normal.

Truly, the best option if you want one on launch day is to cancel your order now and camp out on Thursday.
    09-16-2012 10:58 AM
    I purchased my iPhone 5 online 2.5 hours after it went on sale. I was given a 2-week ship time and the option to pick up at a store wasn't highlighted so I couldn't click that radio button. I called Apple this morning and was told that, once the order is placed, if the radio button is not selected to pick up in a store at that time, it's not an option after the order is placed. When I explained that that option wasn't something I could even click on at time of purchase online, I was told that it was never an option to begin with and I'd just have to wait for it to ship. Guess I have to put on my big-girl pants and wait for it to arrive at my door in 2-3 weeks.
    09-16-2012 11:46 AM
    I purchased my iPhone 5 online 2.5 hours after it went on sale. I was given a 2-week ship time and the option to pick up at a store wasn't highlighted so I couldn't click that radio button. I called Apple this morning and was told that, once the order is placed, if the radio button is not selected to pick up in a store at that time, it's not an option after the order is placed. When I explained that that option wasn't something I could even click on at time of purchase online, I was told that it was never an option to begin with and I'd just have to wait for it to ship. Guess I have to put on my big-girl pants and wait for it to arrive at my door in 2-3 weeks.
    Thanks very much for saving me the legwork. It's a shame though because it took me an hour after launch for the site to no longer indicate there was maintenance going on. I woke up at 2:30 am eastern to place order. I could have ordered from Verizon much later and gotten it on the 21st.
    09-16-2012 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD