16/32/64 that is the question...

DoubleEagle

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Thinking I will just show up Friday at Verizon, first thing because I took a vacation day from work. Just not sure which gig to get. I've had the ip4 16g and have a ip4s 16gig. Thinking 32 would be nice. Which gig you get, and you ever feel like you should of went with more?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I also have the 16g 4S, but this time around for the i5 I'll be going with the 32g. My 1st gen iPad is 32, and through the years I've never ever come close to filling it. In fact I still have 16/17 g's of space left, so I know with my new iPhone I'll be in the same sitch or even better because I don't keep as much stuff on my phone as I do my iPad. (because my kids share my iPad with me so they have some real estate takin up space) :)

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
I went with 32 gb this time. I've done quite well with 16gb and dropbox. I also have a 16 gb first gen iPad. I recently purchased season 5 of Eureka and couldnt fit it all on the 16 gb model. Dont need that capability very often, but when I do, and it isnt there...

canadu

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
64 in hopes that most people will seek out 16 & 32 improving my chances to snag one on release day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I can live with 16 GB comfortably, especially now because of Spotify. I only keep a few hundred songs synced to my device. I can stream anything else. I have thousands of photos too. I always have a few GB free.

If you are big into games, movies, or taking videos, I can see storage becoming an issue. However, I keep movies and games on the iPad 3. This may be the same for you if you already have an iPad.

Dahlen

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
32gig. My 4s is a 64gb and I don't need that much space. My iPad 3 is a 32 and that seems to be the perfect size. I don't keep videos on my devices long, just download what I need from the cloud. While I agree with the resale value argument, I prefer to keep my old devices.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
For a $100 extra I went with the 64GB model again. I like adding music, pics, videos and apps without the worry of running out of room.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I have a 64 GB 4S. I had to upgrade from the 16 GB because I didn't have enough space. The HD movies alone can be around 4 or 5 GB a piece. Add in the thousands of songs that I have and HD games like Modern Combat that are a gig or two and you can run out of space in a hurry. So from now on I will go for the highest capacity available. I too would get a 128 GB if they were to offer it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have always went for 16 only reason I fill it up is shooting video but i have a iPad 2 64 gig .. So I just transfer my video to that when I feel It's too much on my phone .. I also have iCloud match so i didn't see the point for me to pay for space I have never needed it in past

cocochannel

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Get the largest capacity one you can afford. Larger capacity devices have a better resale value later.

Actually Id tell her to get the 64gb because its runs out fast. I wish apple released a 128gb! but not for the resale value, its actually harder to find somone to put up the extra money for the highest capacity. (Having a hard time trying to sell my new 64gb 4s)

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Actually Id tell her to get the 64gb because its runs out fast. I wish apple released a 128gb! but not for the resale value, its actually harder to find somone to put up the extra money for the highest capacity. (Having a hard time trying to sell my new 64gb 4s)

Interesting. I guess the gray market probably likes the 16 GB better. Makes sense.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73