How accurate are apples delivery dates?

jayfry

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
i'm sure they prematurely up the dates just to prevent people thinking they would get it on launch day only to have their dreams crushed by an email stating that they have to wait longer.

SO maybe you got into that buffer zone where you will be upgraded to the 21st but probably not... next year order sooner ^__^

Last edited:
Reactions: iipphhoonnee

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Generally, they are pretty accurate, but they are typically "worst case"... so getting your goodies earlier is always a possibility (though not guaranteed).

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
My two 64gb iphone 5's in white have been preordered around 12:30pm and apple is saying 2 weeks how accurate are these dates?

I would think very. Last year my 4s was delivered on the exact date promised on website- launch date even though it said processing for almost a week. This year, I ordered much sooner- within an hour and got same message as you. 😡📱

More importantly, there was a wall street journal article discussing the whole thing. See the following article which I couldn't copy the link. I have a link in another post in this thread.

Apple iPhone 5 Preorders Suggest Strong Demand - WSJ.com

At least whatever hiccups are in the software and hardware may be corrected by the time our shipments arrive plus maybe there will be cases, cords, etc.

iipphhoonnee

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that apple is now estimating october the 1st (uk of course) for delivery this still isnt great but if they stick to it like you suggest i will be very happy 😃📱💻

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Usually it's a worst case estimate. Last year when people were getting delivery estimates of 2-3 weeks ending up getting the device before then. I think it's just apple covering themselves. Gotta think the production lines are running all day now to get 21st orders as well as the others. So don't be surprised to see a little sooner than you though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox