Other Stores Sell iPhones - No Lines, No Waiting!

iMassguy

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I was planning on camping out at the local Apple store starting the night before. The 12 hour wait would have been worth it but... I've come to the conclusion that I like sleep more than sitting on the mall floor all night so... I just stopped into my local Target and am their first pre-order. It will be there on release day. Just walk in, get it and leave. The girl that took my order said one of the other stores took 8 orders yesterday. I asked how many they will receive. She said they usually get a few more than the number of preorders so they might have them in stock that day.

Stores that I know of that are doing this are-

Target
Walmart
Best Buy
Radio Shack

Not sure about AT&T stores.

So I'll get to sleep all night, wake up at 10, drive 5 minutes and have someone hand me my phone. No waiting! Plus, I'll save 5% by using my Target Red Card! :)

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I work at Walmart. Maybe I should've just preordered there instead. I'd get my 10% discount on it too...

Funny thing is, I work back in receiving. so I'll know exactly when the store actually gets the phones in. :D

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
And you didn't order from there!? :) I read Walmart is selling them for $189. Great price with your discount!

I not eligible for a full discount price. I ordered for $449 via Apple. It didn't occur to me that I'd be able to get it from Walmart WITH my discount until afterwards...

jgibler3

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I pre ordered at a Best Buy store. They said that they will send me and email when I can go pick up my phone. But never mentioned that they had a ton of preorders to fill so hopefully I will be able to pick it up on the 21st!

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Well, checked at the Walmart I work at. They do have preorders left, but I was told that I wouldn't be guaranteed a phone on the 21st. Now I'm glad that I ordered via Apple. :D

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I was planning on camping out at the local Apple store starting the night before. The 12 hour wait would have been worth it but... I've come to the conclusion that I like sleep more than sitting on the mall floor all night so... I just stopped into my local Target and am their first pre-order. It will be there on release day. Just walk in, get it and leave. The girl that took my order said one of the other stores took 8 orders yesterday. I asked how many they will receive. She said they usually get a few more than the number of preorders so they might have them in stock that day.

Stores that I know of that are doing this are-

Target
Walmart
Best Buy
Radio Shack

Not sure about AT&T stores.

So I'll get to sleep all night, wake up at 10, drive 5 minutes and have someone hand me my phone. No waiting! Plus, I'll save 5% by using my Target Red Card! :)

I took your advice and walked into a best buy here in Toronto. unfortunately they will not sell the iPhone 5 outright on the release date they make sure sign up for a contract with a carrier.

stuff like this should be illegal, they shouldn't be allowed to force people to sign 3 year contracts to have a device. anyways looks like ill have to stick to my Apple order and wait till oct 9th.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I was going to do same but since my current phone is listed on eBay I didn't take the chance because if for some reason I could get one what do I tell the eBay buyer lol so I pre ordered for the first time norm I walked into Verizon on launch day no line for the 4 and 4s

Datwood2009

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I went into Target today to pre-order, but according to their electronics manager they aren't doing pre-orders for Verizon till the 18th. They are currently doing Sprint and AT&T pre-orders. So I will be going back the 18th. Good thing is that the employee said that I might have been the 3rd person to even ask about it and that they should have some on the 21st.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I pre ordered at a Best Buy store. They said that they will send me and email when I can go pick up my phone. But never mentioned that they had a ton of preorders to fill so hopefully I will be able to pick it up on the 21st!

Be careful with best buy. They will take your pre order and not have a device for you on release day.

count123

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

I ordered from best buy last year. Was told i would receive an email. I did 4 weeks after the release. This year i ordered from best buy. Only difference is i was fifth in line for pre order. Im expecting the email to come before the 21st. My advice would be if u font get the email this week try getting it somewhere else if u can. Last year they were willing to refund my $50.

Last edited:

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
My dad bought his S3 at Sam's Club if you have a membership there I'm sure they're gonna have them at their mobile section!

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I ordered from best buy last year. Was told i would receive an email. I did 4 weeks after the release. This year i ordered from best buy. Only difference is i was fifth in line for pre order. Im expecting the email to come before the 21st. My advice would be if u font get the email this week try getting it somewhere else if u can. Last year they were willing to refund my $50.

Yeah best buy could be sketchy sometimes. And that's mostly because they don't know how many they are going to get until shipment comes in. Having bad experiences with them for a couple other device launches, I try to stay away because of the uncertainty.

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
This will be my first iPhone purchasing experience (like new in the box and not off craigslist), I made a new thread looking for help on my decision, hopefully I receive some input. I'm leaning towards going to a couple stores on this thread

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Will Best Buy still have some available on launch day for those who simply show up in the morning rather than pre-order? If so, that sucks for those who pre-order.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711