Did anyone preorder the iPhone 5 at bestbuy?

gstill4

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
That's where I did my preorder at. I didn't get there till 11 and I was only the 5th person to preorder yesterday so I'm guaranteed a phone soon as they come in.

jgibler3

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I preordered mine at Best Buy around 12:00PM CT. They did not said wheather or not would have it on the 21st but said that it "should" be there. Definetly didn't act like they had a ton of people preorder them yet. I had not heard that people had a bad experience preordering the iPhone 4S there, as this will be my first iPhone. Hopefully if that is the case, and not many people preordered there, it shouldn't be a problem with the iPhone 5 and I will be able to pick it up on Friday!

canadu

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
I pre-ordered at BB last night and even though it was late in the day, I feel pretty assured that I will have one on Friday. Also ordering a 64 GB AT&T model slightly makes it favorable.
I also leveraged a buy-back program that I purchased with my 4s so I am paying the difference and leaving my plan in tact.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

EvilJack

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Corrected link:

BBY - Horrible iPhone 4S Pre-Order Experience @ Worst Bu... - Best Buy: Unboxed

Is short they took pre-orders for phones they couldn't guarantee or even expect to get by launch day. You had to pay $50 to put in such pre-order, and when launch day came there were no phones to be had. They didn't let anyone know. Instead they sent emails saying "don't come to the store until you get an email that your phone has arrived". Then I heard that when some people got there (a week or two after launch), some of the phones weren't really there.

Getting wind of this business the day before launch I went to an ATT store and waited in line and got my phone. 3 weeks after launch Best Buy sent me an email saying my phone was there. I politely declined and they were gracious enough to give me my $50 back.

Terrible experience and they seemed completely clueless throughout it all. Meanwhile all the folks here were getting phones on their doorstep a day or two early, and if not the rest of them came on launch day.

Never again. I ordered from Apple this year. SO much easier and reliable.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711