1. stephen007's Avatar
    I successfully preordered my iPhone 5 at 1:26am PDT but it won't arrive for 3 weeks. Now that I officially have my order in can I still go to the Apple store on launch day and try to try one there earlier?

    How would that work since the AT&T computer will say I'm already upgraded and, therefore, not eligible anymore? Does Apple have the option to just fulfill that order on the spot? Anyone ever do this?
    09-15-2012 06:32 AM
  2. Acint1924's Avatar
    No you can't do this. I have tried. They will tell you it is full price. Sorry
    09-15-2012 08:06 AM
  3. Guacho's Avatar
    I guess you could cancel your order and call Apple to see if they release your account upgrade, they might be able to do that, after canceling and calling Apple go back to the app store and add an iphone to the cart and see what price you get, it is a risk because you might end up canceling the order and not being able to get it on launch day.
    09-15-2012 09:17 AM
  4. EmceeGeek's Avatar
    Today I canceled my Apple pre-order because it said October. Theres no point in me keeping it when I'll have one someplace else by October. You'll more than likely get one Friday if you cancel the order.
    09-15-2012 09:27 AM
  5. Doc Z's Avatar
    Ugh I'm so disappointed I'm early October too, even though I preordered within 2.5 hours. I have to wait unfortunately, I don't have the time to be running around but I support any and all efforts to get your iPhones early lol
    09-15-2012 09:32 AM
  6. Guacho's Avatar
    Today I canceled my Apple pre-order because it said October. Theres no point in me keeping it when I'll have one someplace else by October. You'll more than likely get one Friday if you cancel the order.
    you should call Apple and/or AT&T as soon as possible to make sure you still have the upgrade option, you dont want to camp out on friday to find out you need to pay full price.
    09-15-2012 09:42 AM
  7. Fausty82's Avatar
    You definitely want to check. Just because YOU have cancelled the order, it doesn't mean that your carrier will restore your upgrade immediately ... or at all without your asking/contacting them.
    09-15-2012 10:13 AM
  8. Premium1's Avatar
    You will have to wait until it ships and then return it otherwise be stuck paying full price on launch day.
    09-15-2012 12:50 PM
  9. evorc's Avatar
    I did the same pre-ordered late. In my case I will wait simply because next Friday will be insane! How the pre-orders went should give you the type crazyness it will be on launch day. I don't have the time to get in lines and risk not getting one and having to pre-order again which can push it further in October. Why not just wait? Who knows you might get it late September and not October? You have to realize the shipping estimate is always the worst case scenario . I would rather wait 2-3 weeks and enjoy my jailbroken 4s for the time being.
    09-15-2012 01:06 PM
  10. Premium1's Avatar
    I did the same pre-ordered late. In my case I will wait simply because next Friday will be insane! How the pre-orders went should give you the type crazyness it will be on launch day. I don't have the time to get in lines and risk not getting one and having to pre-order again which can push it further in October. Why not just wait? Who knows you might get it late September and not October? You have to realize the shipping estimate is always the worst case scenario . I would rather wait 2-3 weeks and enjoy my jailbroken 4s for the time being.
    I am sure friday will be bad and so will when IOS6 is available for download to everyone. Going to be a lot of craziness over the next week or so.
    09-15-2012 01:09 PM
  11. evorc's Avatar
    I agree with you. Just a gentle reminder that I suggest that those who plan to keep their jailbreak must avoid ios6 until a jailbreak for ios 6 is released.

    I am sure friday will be bad and so will when IOS6 is available for download to everyone. Going to be a lot of craziness over the next week or so.
    09-15-2012 01:26 PM
  12. stephen007's Avatar
    In case anyone reads this later and was wondering... I did end up cancelling my preorder. Checked the AT&T website ~15 minutes later and I was again eligible for the standard upgrade. So kudos to Apple & AT&T for not causing a huge headache there.
    09-16-2012 11:09 AM
  13. markhunsaker's Avatar
    I've done the camping out at my local Best buy when the 4 launched. I arrived at 6AM and was the third in line. Two had camped out over night. I guess it just depends on where you are. I live in a town of 55K people but it is the only best buy for 200 miles. There were nine phones and 13 people showed up by the end.

    If you have the time to camp, go for it. If you don't I'd hold on to your preorder. It was impossible to get one in the store for several weeks after the initial launch. When they did come in they were reserved for in store preorder pick ups. If you don't have time to camp, keep your preorder. First come first serve on those.
    09-16-2012 11:51 AM
  14. Doc Z's Avatar
    I will try to go to Best Buy or Verizon early in the morning on Friday even though I have a pre-order with Apple. I'll cancel if I can get one!
    09-16-2012 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD