Who's waiting in line on launch day?

Will you wait in line on launch day of iPhone 5?

• Hell Yeah GOTTA HAVE IT!

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Hell No that's what pre-orders are for

Votes: 34 53.1%
  • I can wait a week or two

Votes: 14 21.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OK what I really want to know is Who is going to wait in line on launch day? I went to my first ever launch for the iPhone 4 and I waited in line 8 hours. My legs hurt, I was tired and hungry but I got the iPhone that very day. I swore I would never do it again but now with the iPhone 5 I find myself weirdly tempted. I know to bring my iPad or laptop, some snacks and maybe a tiny folding chair. The only thing keeping me from breaking the promise to myself is I don't have the money lol. So who is actually going to line up for it on launch day? and how many launch day events have you been to?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
On launch day, I will stroll into the HHGregg Store that is maybe a mile and a half down the street from where I live, and physically handle the iPhone 5 for a few minutes. If I like it, I will ask if there are any in stock and if there are, I will purchase one on the spot. If not, I will come back a week or two later. I'm in no rush because, as I've stated numerous times before, I'm content with my iPhone 4S. :)

Droidrage729

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Not waiting in line for anything. I will be preordering soon as Verizon can reset my upgrade date from the damn d4 I sent back I really regret ordering that thing. Oh well I'll preorder my 64gb i5 soon as I can.

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't have any stores to wait in line but I pre-ordered anyways so I don't have to worry about trying to drive 30 miles to a store (and not even apple. That's like 100 miles away :eek:)

tewest86

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
There not be a line. You can walk right in the tons of retail stores selling the iPhone 5 and be out in mins. I've did it for the 4 and 4S on launch day. Walked right in Best Buy and upgraded. This isn't 2007 anymore. Walmart and Best Buy had plenty 4S's in stock.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I pre ordered this year out of laziness I was going to go down on launch day but figured why when it can be delivered on launch day .. So line or no line don't matter although some people might have it a couple hours before me Owell at least I don't have to go anywhere

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I waited in line overnight for the Xbox 360 on its launch a few years back. I will never wait in line for a phone. I pre-ordered from VZW last night. If I didnt have to work I would probably have went into the store just to check out the craziness though!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
My brother in law is. He's already planning it with a couple of his friends.

Haha so am I!!

Planing with a couple of my friends we're going to stay up all night hang out then go to the apple store in our mall in the morning and wait for a couple hours no biggie!

LocoStrange

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
I find it easier to go to a new ATT store that opened recently. Most people wont know about it. Worked a few times in the past for me. I didnt have to line up nor did I have to wake up in a reasonable time (near noon each time)

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
There not be a line. You can walk right in the tons of retail stores selling the iPhone 5 and be out in mins. I've did it for the 4 and 4S on launch day. Walked right in Best Buy and upgraded. This isn't 2007 anymore. Walmart and Best Buy had plenty 4S's in stock.

People are still acting like it is. It's a piece of cake to get a phone on the 21st without having to line up outside an apple store.

OlegWasHere

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
honestly its not a big deal.

my local best buy was open at 8am. on launch day of the 4s.
there was a total of 7 people there. (including me) but apple didnt send 64gb ones.
at&t and Verizon had them but not best buy.

im not waiting in line.
i pre ordered the 5 64gb black at&t.

i preorderd instore (best buy) and he said i was the first one to pre order for at&t.
so as long as apple sends them ill have mine at 930am(mall opens at 10am) and dont work until noon friday =).

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
On launch day, I will stroll into the HHGregg Store that is maybe a mile and a half down the street from where I live, and physically handle the iPhone 5 for a few minutes. If I like it, I will ask if there are any in stock and if there are, I will purchase one on the spot. If not, I will come back a week or two later. I'm in no rush because, as I've stated numerous times before, I'm content with my iPhone 4S. :)

this is where i'm at too - with the exception that i'll stroll into my local VzW corp store and check the i5 out because I'm still unsure of which color i'm preferring at this point. Regardless if its in stock i wont be making a purchase that day, but In the mean time i'll be stashing cash away for my future purchase;) i'm in no rush either because my 4S is golden with me too!

So, nope. no waiting in lines for me either;) In fact when i was getting ready to get the 4S last year, it released on Oct.14th (? if i rem correctly) and i actually waited till Nov (4th) to make my purchase.

mzri

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I guess it really depends on where you are. In NYC there's no way you're just walking into an apple store and leaving with an iphone on 9/21. The cube will be an actual madhouse. I won't even want to walk past it next friday. Maybe an At&t store that isn't too well known and even then, everyone tries to go where they think no one else will. I'd love the fanfare of waiting on line overnight for it with other apple lunatics but it was just easier to pre order.

jimmers

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I've always pre-ordered in order to guarantee that I get one but I have always selected to pick it up at the Apple Store. I love the excitement, anticipation and crowd that is present on launch day. Plus I usually have it in hand and am using it by 8:15 - 8:30 am. However, Apple quit offering the "pick up in store" option with the 4S. Now when you pre-order the only option is to have it shipped. The problem I have with that is that they will only ship to your billing address. I wanted it shipped to my work address since nobody will be home. The result, I'm taking the day off so that when it comes I'll be here and I'll be able to use it. It would kill me if I was at work and knew the iPhone was sitting on my porch and I had to wait until I got home to get my hands on it. :p

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Not me! I waited in line when the iPhone 4 came out. I feel like every Apple fanboy/girl should wait in line (at an Apple Store) for at least one product in their life. It's sort of a religious experience.. it makes you feel like less of a dork for waiting in line for something when you are surrounded by 100s of people that are as well. I met a couple cool people in line too..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2