New iPhone user

glisk

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I pre-ordered the iPhone 5 online from the UK Apple store. This will be the my very first iPhone. I have been a blackberry user and an Android user for the past 3 and a half years. I hope that you will all help me make the transition.

What are the best methods for getting gmail, my gmail calendar and my contacts on the phone. Also what are the first few apps I should download.

Thanks in advance for your help

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
are you sure you want this device? the OS hasn't really changed since the beginning and the form factor has been the same for the last 3 years..

ok well they stretched it out a little this time around :D

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. Will this method allow for Push email delivery?

Once you get your phone, go to Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars and add your gmail account. From this screen, you will also find "Fetch New Data" and by clicking on that you can choose to turn on Push, or, select Fetch and its timing intervals. Unfortunately, gmail is only fetch or manual on the iphone without tweating.....but not push. Therefore I have "Every 15 Minutes" selected.

Edit: Sorry, your question was answered while I was typing this. Just follow the instructions for setting up Push as previously mentioned.

Last edited:

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. Will this method allow for Push email delivery?

Google "Google sync iPhone" and you will find step by step directions to setup gmail as an Exchange account on your iPhone. It takes 5 minutes tops and you will have push everything from gmail.

If you just enter your account information in through the mail app you won't get push.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2