Apple Care with AT&T order

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
After sitting here thinking about it for a few minutes I think that is what I am going to do just to be safe. It's also the reason I don't order any accessories on the same order when I buy a new iPhone... I don't want anything to delay it because an item isn't available and it won't ship separate or something silly like that. Maybe I'm over-thinking it a little, but I received my EarPods yesterday that I purchased separate, and my various lightning cables/adapters order is still processing. My iP5 is set to arrive Friday though :)

I totally understand that.

BTW, how are the earpods? As good as advertised?

bobbob1016

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
You can buy Apple Care up to one year from purchase actually.

I'm hoping this has been said already, but you can only purchase AppleCare+, the one that gives you two accidental damage coverages, within the first 30 days. Doesn't matter where you bought it, so long as it was opened 30 days ago, with no damage.

mtruman42

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
If you want Apple Care, you have to purchase your iphone from Apple directly. If you ourchase from National Retail, COR, or a Dealer location, Apple will not sell you AC. This started last year with the iphone 4s launch.

Not true. We got my wife's 4s from VZ last year. Went to the Apple store 2 weeks later and added Apple Care+. It does have to be within 30 days of purchase and does require a Genius appt in the Apple store so that they can inspect the phone to make sure there is no previous damage.

AC+ is a great deal. Besides extending the regular warranty to 2 years it provides 2 accidental damage incidents with a $49 deductible each. Compare this to the VZ coverage that is $10/month and has a $170 deductible for accidental damage. No wonder VZ doesn't want to tell you about AC+! This is the reason that I did my pre-order through Apple. AC+ added at time of purchase - no trip to the store necessary.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
BTW, how are the earpods? As good as advertised?

They definitely sound better than the old buds -- thicker with actual bass response. They fit in my ears pretty good too, it's hard to explain but you don't just put them in -- you sort of pull them down a bit and at least for me they sit in my ears pretty solid. Kind of a cross between the old buds and the in-ear version. Bottom line -- I like them!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
AC+ is a great deal. Besides extending the regular warranty to 2 years it provides 2 accidental damage incidents with a $49 deductible each. Compare this to the VZ coverage that is $10/month and has a $170 deductible for accidental damage. No wonder VZ doesn't want to tell you about AC+! This is the reason that I did my pre-order through Apple. AC+ added at time of purchase - no trip to the store necessary.

Definitely. AC on its own is a must - you're in for 2 years why to cover it for 2? And the difference in price between AC and AC+ is a no-brainer!

mattrock2003

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
My friend had bought apple care from a store when she bought her iPhone 3GS. She never used it. She got rid of her iphone shortly after buying it for a different phone. I asked her if I could have it since she hasn't activated it and no longer had the phone. My question, can I use this when I get my iPhone 5? Since its a couple years old would it only cover stuff from then or would it have all the current protection?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73