Apple Care with AT&T order

petsnspace

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I ordered through AT&T this morning to be able to keep my unlimited plan (unavailable through Apple web site). I did not see an option to order apple care. Anyone know how to get apple care on the phone when ordered through a carrier?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I ordered through AT&T this morning to be able to keep my unlimited plan (unavailable through Apple web site). I did not see an option to order apple care. Anyone know how to get apple care on the phone when ordered through a carrier?

I'm pretty sure you have 30 days from the day of purchase to take your device ( and receipt ) into and apple store and purchase the additional coverage.

Reactions: petsnspace

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com

Apple care needs to be purchased through Apple. And if you ordered via Apple you keep your unlimited data. Your order does not touch that. So to say it was unavailable through the Apple site is not correct.

petsnspace

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Apple care needs to be purchased through Apple. And if you ordered via Apple you keep your unlimited data. Your order does not touch that. So to say it was unavailable through the Apple site is not correct.

When I went on-line, it was not available so I called and the Apple sales representative (who said he kept unlimited data for others) couldn't get me an unlimited plan so he told me to call my carrier. He didn't know why my unlimited plan was unavailable.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
When I went on-line, it was not available so I called and the Apple sales representative (who said he kept unlimited data for others) couldn't get me an unlimited plan so he told me to call my carrier. He didn't know why my unlimited plan was unavailable.

That's because Apple doesn't ask you about your data plan. Just a text plan. Trust me, I've ordered from Apple every year and every year it is the same. And my status even lists my plan as unlimited data. But again, there is no option to change that when you order via Apple.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
That's because Apple doesn't ask you about your data plan. Just a text plan. Trust me, I've ordered from Apple every year and every year it is the same. And my status even lists my plan as unlimited data. But again, there is no option to change that when you order via Apple.

That's odd. My confirmation screen from Apple (I have a screen shot) shows data plan (no option to change it) does show it, but makes no mention of the texting plan. This was an upgrade to a sub account on a family plan with family shared unlimited texting... maybe that's why.

I did not see an option to purchase AppleCare or AppleCare+. Same as last year. But last year I also got a followup email offering AppleCare+ because it wasn't offered at the time of purchase.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
That's odd. My confirmation screen from Apple (I have a screen shot) shows data plan (no option to change it) does show it, but makes no mention of the texting plan. This was an upgrade to a sub account on a family plan with family shared unlimited texting... maybe that's why.

I did not see an option to purchase AppleCare or AppleCare+. Same as last year. But last year I also got a followup email offering AppleCare+ because it wasn't offered at the time of purchase.

Yeah, mine said unlimited text and unlimited data. And nobody should worry about Apple Care as like I said, you have a year to purchase it.

petsnspace

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site

That is not true. Apple would not let me order without selecting a data plan (either on-line or on the phone) and unlimited was not an option.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
That is not true. Apple would not let me order without selecting a data plan (either on-line or on the phone) and unlimited was not an option.

If this was a new contract I'm not sure what happened in your case. Upgrading it's not an issue and and I know a lot of people who started new contracts including data plans just fine on Apple's site.

petsnspace

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
If this was a new contract I'm not sure what happened in your case. Upgrading it's not an issue and and I know a lot of people who started new contracts including data plans just fine on Apple's site.

Truth-be-told, I think the problem was that I have an enterprise data plan. I was trying to upgrade as I am a current AT&T customer.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro