who's planning on rolling naked with their 5??

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Depends on your daily job.. Some require that extra drop protection...

You will get some with some slimmer cases, but even then it's pushing it of not having a good case..

I do chuckle at some who get a $2.00 case from Ebay and something happens to their iPhone..

​Well..........

catwoman66

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I initially bought 2 cases and then recently opted for a Mophie air case, that said I swap between that and bare, there is nothing like the bare experience, just hope I don't drop it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
What case? Naked from day 1. Only ghost armor for back and sides for scratch protection. Looks like it did from day 1.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
For the naked rollers, you don't find the phone to be slippery? I'd love to not use even my snap on the back case but the metal is a touch slick.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
For the naked rollers, you don't find the phone to be slippery? I'd love to not use even my snap on the back case but the metal is a touch slick.

The new matte finish by ghost armor has a nice thickness to it than the old material and adds grip to the phone. It looks great and you can barely notice it.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The new matte finish by ghost armor has a nice thickness to it than the old material and adds grip to the phone. It looks great and you can barely notice it.

I don't typically have much luck with those films. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Today was my first real attempt at having my 5 go streaking. To make sure I stayed true, I left my snap on the back at home on the dresser! It wasn't as bad as I thought. Going nude definitely makes you more aware of what you do with your device! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Today was my first real attempt at having my 5 go streaking. To make sure I stayed true, I left my snap on the back at home on the dresser! It wasn't as bad as I thought. Going nude definitely makes you more aware of what you do with your device! :D

congrats! i love the thrill of no case!

you're right - REALLY super aware

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes sir. Won't just toss it on the desk when I get back from meetings etc. Gotta be mindful of what's going on.

I took my SurfacePad off my 4S last week and applied a Skinguardz skin, avail on Amazon for $4.99. I like the phone naked but at the same time the skin helps from any surface scratches that can happen. They have solid colors as well as prints avail and they are very durable. It's a front, back and sides skin...you can apply all or just the pieces you want:)

Just wanted to mention this as an option to you :)

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I love when people say "I am careful with my phone" so I don't need a case- as if ones who drop it do so intentionally. My case is like my car insurance. It's there when and if I need it.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I love when people say "I am careful with my phone" so I don't need a case- as if ones who drop it do so intentionally. My case is like my car insurance. It's there when and if I need it.

You have a point. Not saying those that use cases aren't careful. Saying that now since I'm caseless I'm way more mindful of what I do.

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't like cases at all. I use a full body protector that gives a bit more grip to the phone and I'm off and running. Just be careful with your phone and don't treat it as you treat your car keys or a magazine. Be careful with all your delicate, expensive items. Unless you are one of those that constantly has their phone in their hand or on their lap or has a house full of vandals or tries to use the phone while carrying 6 bags of groceries, you shouldn't be experiencing dropping anything of value. Don't drop your laptop. Don't drop your $500 sunglasses. Don't drop your fine china. Don't drop your baby. Don't drop your pants....... at least not in public.

Can you imagine how crazy it would be if we used "cases" for everything delicate that we "might" drop?