who's planning on rolling naked with their 5??

manicmarc

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I always use a screen protector. I can probably live with scratches on the phone body but not the screen. Remember, you'll see that scratch every time you use your phone.

I used to use a screen protector on my 3GS, but for the second half of its life I took it off. The screen is so much better without, screen protectors just seem to attract dust and fingerprints. Don't use one for my iPhone 5, I'm just careful about not putting in my pocket with keys (I have a habit of doing that at the gym!).

Did Apple once famously stop selling screen protectors to make a point about them not being needed? These days the Apple store here in the UK only sells 'Anti Glare' films.

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little late (upgrade cycles), but I picked up my 5 yesterday. They had the Ballistic case with holster on sale for $20, couldn't pass it up. I'll rock the case at work, since I have a high chance of damage there, but otherwise I'm going naked (aside from a screen protector). The phone just look so amazing, I hate to cover it up!

On a side note, I've tried using my GS3 without the case, and I can't do it. I love the feel of the phone, but it's extremely slippery.

motor96

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Back on iPhone 5 ( short run on note 2, nexus 4 and galaxy s4 ) and rockin the blk incipio frequency case. Love it:D

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Just bought a case for my 5 been naked since launch though. Had the case on my phone for about a week just took it off on Friday just love the phone naked so much LOL will use the case off and on till I get my 5S.

Sent from the collector home world.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Just bought a case for my 5 been naked since launch though. Had the case on my phone for about a week just took it off on Friday just love the phone naked so much LOL will use the case off and on till I get my 5S.

Sent from the collector home world.

I just use a zagg HD and a elago outfit matrix. Has the protection without the bulk.

kobe24b

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I honestly cannot stand people who put a case on their iphone. Really? You might as well buy a brick phone and use that. The iphone is slim and light and you lose that feature entirely when you put an otterbox on it.

Having said that, I have a small clear bumper on mine :)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I honestly cannot stand people who put a case on their iphone. Really? You might as well buy a brick phone and use that. The iphone is slim and light and you lose that feature entirely when you put an otterbox on it.

although i despise your username, i like you

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I just naught a flip case/wallet folio case. It's cool because the phone is sort of naked and I can show it off, but the back is stuck to the case to protect from drops when closed. I also stuck a Zagg shield on the back

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I would love to run "naked" on my iPhone but I have terrible OCD and scratches, marks, etc really bother me.

I use an element case which is a close to "naked" as I can get. I had an IS but it caused rainbow effect.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I would love to run "naked" on my iPhone but I have terrible OCD and scratches, marks, etc really bother me.

I use an element case which is a close to "naked" as I can get. I had an IS but it caused rainbow effect.

I dropped my iPhone 5 onto the pavement while stepping out of my truck. The retina display did not shatter or crack and the couple of dings are not noticeable unless you do a full-fledge examination of the device...:D....Everything works as it did prior to the drop and the device still looks great. I doubt I'll drop it again and no, I will NOT encase it...;)

bgesullo

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone 5 has taken so many tumbles and came out fine, maybe a few scratches on the side, but nothing more.

Sent from my iPhone 5 running iOS 7 using iMore Forums mobile app

alieannie

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site

I do chuckle inside when I see an iPhone inside one of those huge brick case covers. It's like a big wad in their pocket! I too have a very thin clear case on mine. Best of both worlds :)

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I dropped my iPhone 5 onto the pavement while stepping out of my truck. The retina display did not shatter or crack and the couple of dings are not noticeable unless you do a full-fledge examination of the device...:D....Everything works as it did prior to the drop and the device still looks great. I doubt I'll drop it again and no, I will NOT encase it...;)

Luck goes both ways, I dropped mine on grass, out of my pocket with a poetic atmosphere case on it and the screen cracked !
Talk about dumb luck, must have hit a small pebble at the right angle I guess. I didn't see any big rocks in the area.
$229 later from the apple store, I either use a defender, lifeproof or casemate Xtreme on it.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Often wish I had the courage many of you have. I would love to leave my phone naked, but I cannot stand the thought of any scratches, dents, dings, etc. Some like to label that as the phone having "character", but I don't fall into that category. So, a minimal bumper for me it is.

dobermansrule

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I really would like to leave my phone in a bumper or without anything but I really am worried about getting a scratch or nick on it. So now I am keeping it in a case...

Although, when it gets older, I might gold plate it and then use it without a case...

aera

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Been rolling naked with iPhones since 3G model came out. Some of you sound crazy to me. "scratches, nicks" Its a phone I really couldn't care what it looks like as long as it functions properly. I know some of my friends that have multiple cases also. The way I see it, it would cost me $230 as the poster a few posts above stated if anything tragic were to happen. If I were to get 3-4 cases at between $30-$45 and maybe a $90 for a lifeproof. Thats about equal just doesn't make much sense to me.