who's planning on rolling naked with their 5??

Tristanlg

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone feels much better with out a case, I think a case or a screen protector is a was if money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone feels much better with out a case, I think a case or a screen protector is a was if money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I, too, do not use any protective covering of any kind on my iPhone 5, but that is my choice. I am fully aware of the risks I'm taking. With that on mind, screen protectors and cases are not a waste of money in my opinion because a lot of people view their devices as an investment and they want to do what is necessary to protect that investment, especially if they plan on selling it later. That is a wise decision on their part.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
I just remembered why I started using a transparent case... I wasn't because of the glass back. When I first got my 4 I laid my iPhone down somewhere and it scratched the camera lens. My pictures were coming out like crap. I took it to the apple store and they replaced it for free but I got the transparent case at the same time. Now I'm thinking I might get a transparent case to prevent that from happening again.

jackholl92

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I just remembered why I started using a transparent case... I wasn't because of the glass back. When I first got my 4 I laid my iPhone down somewhere and it scratched the camera lens. My pictures were coming out like crap. I took it to the apple store and they replaced it for free but I got the transparent case at the same time. Now I'm thinking I might get a transparent case to prevent that from happening again.

There is a sapphire lens which are pretty strong just saying

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I switch between a very thin pink hardshell case and my large collection of bumpers. I keep a zagg HD on the front and back at all times.

jerseykirby

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I typically use bumpers without anything on the screen. I feel they affect the integrity and clarity of the screen. Even the Zagg HD version. The iPhone is too aesthetically pleasing to the eye to cover it up. I pay the price for that thinking by having it insured through my provider.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I roll naked once in a while, but I get the dropsies so I usually have a case on mine. Otterbox Commuter. I just put it back on yesterday after leaving it off for a few days. I really do like the feel of the phone with no case, but I'm not in a hurry to get it banged and scratched up.

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm still rollin' naked, but I have accumulated a few dings, dents, and scratches on the edges. The apple logo is scratched up as well. I even noticed a few minor scratches on the screen when it was turned off and in the sunlight. I probably should put a case on it, as I am apparently not as careful as I think I am.

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Naked, that's crazy!
Life proof all day, everyday.

I'm back on that bandwagon, either lifeproof or defender, I dropped my phone out of my pocket with a poetic atmosphere case and the screen still cracked ! $229 plus tax=$250, and I dropped it on grass, must have hit a little rock or something.

greenjas

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I just switched from Razr M to Galaxy S3 to Iphone 5. I've been an Iphone fan since Iphone 4. However, I fell for the bigger is better crowd and found out the hard way that bigger is not always better. I had a very difficult time seeing the Galaxy S3 outside in sunlight. It lasted one day before I exchanged it for the Iphone 5. I have no problem seeing what's on the screen when outside with the Iphone.

Anyways, I've read these 13 pages of people saying their going naked and I decided I'll do the same. Of course, everyone at the Verizon store said I am crazy for doing so. So, I going semi-naked. I brought an ultra slim case and I'm contemplating on adding Spigen's Glas T/Glas Tr. From all the youtube video's that show how better built the Iphone 5 is compared to other generations, I'm not sure that the price is worth it since I don't walk around with my phone completely naked. I do have a blackberry phone holster that I use when I'm out and about. But to say the least, my phone is semi-naked and I'm loving it.

To give you an idea, check out Spigen's Saturn case. Mines is just like that one but it's not fully enclosed like Spigen. My case is called Quirky sleek aluminum case. The back is bullet proof. That's what it says. It able to stop a bullet. Yet it is so thin that it adds very little weight and the top and bottom is out. Only the sides with the exception of the volume controls are enclosed. This gives it some protection in case I drop it and it lands on the corners.

Well that my story. Let me know what you guys think about glass protector. I'm still not convinced that I need one just yet.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I see how beautiful an ip5 looks with no case and I'm like wow don't know how ppl do that.. When I had my ip4 I would have a case on it and one day I decide to go naked with it and dropped it and made a few dents.. Sucks.. Not the end of the world but dunno how I would feel if that happened with my ip5

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Having insurance on my iPhone and lines I've had was pretty expensive so I decided to take off the insurance and invest in a speck candy shell case :) I have never needed to replace an iPhone because of breakage or drops since the last 3 years ive had iphone so let's hope it stays that way now that I have a case on mine.

Chris Kerrigan

May 14, 2013
Visit site
As nervous as it makes me, I'm definitely going to keep my iPhone naked. I love the look and feel of the 5 so I really would hate to cover it up or add bulk.

Agpe17

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
NEVER naked. Ghost Armor clear on front, matte on back and sides. Mophie Juice Pack on.

SOMETIMES I'll just go phone alone, but even then, it's got protectors all over!

1) Scratches kill me
2) Resale value

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I flew from SC to Moline, IL through Chicago for an interview in Iowa over the last couple days. I'm amazed by how many folks actually do go naked with their iPhones.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I flew from SC to Moline, IL through Chicago for an interview in Iowa over the last couple days. I'm amazed by how many folks actually do go naked with their iPhones.

Not me. An argument can be made that more people are caring less about resale value and are accepting the risks of getting it scratched and dinged. At least that's my attitude and take on it. :)

Byzandroid

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I also have Ghost Armor on both the front and back. Plus I have a Spigen bumper on it.

NEVER naked. Ghost Armor clear on front, matte on back and sides. Mophie Juice Pack on.

SOMETIMES I'll just go phone alone, but even then, it's got protectors all over!

1) Scratches kill me
2) Resale value

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah Just, that's been my take of late. When I got it I put a defender on it. Then I downgraded to a Candyshell. From there a J Crew snap on the back leather case. Now, I've even removed my Bodyguardz glass sp and only have my Media Devil protection on the back because I lay mine down on desks/tables etc

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods