who's planning on rolling naked with their 5??

Edge767

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
No case for me. I've used my last three phones without a case and I'm glad I did. I'm quite careful with my phones, and I also have a pocket solely for my phone (left front). The iPhone 5 is too awesome to be hidden in a case. People seem really surprised by it naked. Most people have never seen one without a case and they tell me it's even more impressive without one. I just like the feel/function of it without a case.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
This is like OCD vs Anarchy to me. I love the idea of seeing the actual beauty of the phone but the idea of it being full of fingerprints, nicks and lint make me shiver. I have two weeks to decide my iPhone 4 lived in a Defender case and I'm considering Lifeproof this time around but it seems like such a shame to cover up such a beautiful design.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
This is like OCD vs Anarchy to me. I love the idea of seeing the actual beauty of the phone but the idea of it being full of fingerprints, nicks and lint make me shiver. I have two weeks to decide my iPhone 4 lived in a Defender case and I'm considering Lifeproof this time around but it seems like such a shame to cover up such a beautiful design.

so you're going to forgo your precious jailbreak and visit the other side for a while??

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
so you're going to forgo your precious jailbreak and visit the other side for a while??
LOL I'm going to have to :0( I will miss it so

---------- Post Merged at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:24 PM ----------

The people who got Otterbox which one did you get? I got a Defender last time around because both the front and back are glass. However with the aluminum back I feel like I might not need the tank of the Defender? I was looking at the Commuter and even their other slimmer cases.

Mattmead23

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Naked love it...hard shell case love it (piece of mind!)

The case is ultra light and thin and doesn't add any bulk so pretty happy for ?4.99

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I rock a full body zagg with a speck candyshell for the extra pop.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
LOL I'm going to have to :0( I will miss it so

---------- Post Merged at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:24 PM ----------

The people who got Otterbox which one did you get? I got a Defender last time around because both the front and back are glass. However with the aluminum back I feel like I might not need the tank of the Defender? I was looking at the Commuter and even their other slimmer cases.

With my 4s, I had a commuter and defender. Loved the commuter more. With the five, I have the new defender series with the screen popped out and a zagg shield in its place. I love it!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
maybe you will have an A6 JB by xmas!
that would be awesome but honestly the hardware makes it more than worth it :)

---------- Post Merged at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:43 AM ----------

With my 4s, I had a commuter and defender. Loved the commuter more. With the five, I have the new defender series with the screen popped out and a zagg shield in its place. I love it!

This was what I was thinking have the zagg shield on the screen and then just the case covering the rest. Decisions decisions

Glass of OJ

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Awesome! Andddddd how much did you pay for your defender? :D
How much does it cost to replace the phone's glass? :D

Defender = $50 max.

Replacing the glass on an 4 = 149.

Replacing the glass on a 4S = 199

Replacing the glass on a 5 = I don't know but probably at least 2 bills.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I changed the front screen on my wife's 4S, you couldn't pay me enough to do it again. My time alone to do it is worth more than the price of a case, not to mention the cost of the screen itself (around $25).

Some people like cases, some don't. Do what you want. I don't know why some people get so defensive.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I broke down and bought a $5 case at radio shack, for no other reason than to prevent it from getting any scuffs on the back...the only thing this case did was add a little bit of weight to it (not much at all), all in all, as far as cases go, I'm pretty happy (though I'm pretty sure it won't do a damn thing for protecting it if i drop it, lol)...

MmLXP.jpg

EExVk.jpg

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I broke down and bought a $5 case at radio shack, for no other reason than to prevent it from getting any scuffs on the back...the only thing this case did was add a little bit of weight to it (not much at all), all in all, as far as cases go, I'm pretty happy (though I'm pretty sure it won't do a damn thing for protecting it if i drop it, lol)...

http://i.imgur.com/MmLXP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EExVk.jpg

2d91qg2.gif

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

http://i.imgur.com/MmLXP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EExVk.jpg

I want a case like that with the strength of the Defender lol

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
that would be awesome but honestly the hardware makes it more than worth it :)

---------- Post Merged at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:43 AM ----------

This was what I was thinking have the zagg shield on the screen and then just the case covering the rest. Decisions decisions

Lol do whatever works best for you and your iCandy (phone)!

rprather

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
Semi-naked here with the Zagg Extreme full body (front & back). I think that plus accidental damage protection via SquareTrade is protection enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Naked so far... I was considering getting that zagg full body also but I don't know how well I would do with putting it on lol so it will probably stay bare for awhile. Had I stuck with the white I would have put a case on it no question but I just love the murdered out black one too much to not let it show

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods