who's planning on rolling naked with their 5??

sudbury78#WN

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I had ghost armor do the front back and sides clear and am quite happy. I actually put gun metal carbon on the sides which looks bad ass. As of now, I won't be casing it unless I god for bid nick it with a drop or something. Truly love this phone.

TheOriginalCals

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't risk going naked with mine. So I bought the case mate barly there case and the invisibleSHIELD by zagg. Very well worth the buy I think. Especially the screen protector. Stops scratches and is military grade. Used on the helicopter blades. And best of all. Only cost ?14.99.View attachment 19361

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm planning on rolling caseless. However, I will be getting an OtterBox for when I'm out biking and whatnot.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Nope, mine will get a screen protector on the back and a nice Speck Products case on it. I prefer to keep my iDevices looking new.

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
After all the case hunting, I'm rolling naked for now. I simply cannot find a single case that I like. I hate TPU/silicone, hate cheap plasticky cases. I just want a metal sleek minimalistic one that has tiny bumpers for the screen, apparently that's impossible to find.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I was going to go naked also but it was so light in my pocket I just knew I would forget it was there and something would happen .. I have went naked for the most part on my 4 and 4s with no scratches etc .. If fact my 4s was mint and sold for high dollars .. With this one I put in otterbox just to be safe

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Correct me if I am wrong, but with Applecare+, which costs $99, you are covered for 2 years, and you can do 2 claims within that 2 year period, each claim costing $49, right? So no case or screen protector...and if I smash it, it will cost me $49 plus taxes?? Sounds like that would be a better way to roll.

mtcowdog

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I ran naked with my iPhone 4 and plan to do the same with the iPhone 5, most of the time. I do some high risk outdoor recreation activities (e.g., mountain biking and backcountry skiing) and will likely pick up a case for those situations. I have a white version that is so far very durable.

Big Dookie

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Totally rolling naked with my white iPhone 5. I don't know if I'd be as brave with the black/slate version though, as it sounds like that one is more susceptible to scratching.

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
It would seem that in most cases the best version of the iPhone to roll naked with is a white one, the scratches are harder to see with out looking hard, unless you crack your screen you probly won't notice many. Just my observation from owning white iPhones.

ChrisxJacobsen

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
I just can't justify putting a case on this beautiful design. I will most likely get a Zagg on the front (maybe on the back, but I don't know how that will work with the metal on it)

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Correct me if I am wrong, but with Applecare+, which costs $99, you are covered for 2 years, and you can do 2 claims within that 2 year period, each claim costing $49, right? So no case or screen protector...and if I smash it, it will cost me $49 plus taxes?? Sounds like that would be a better way to roll.

That's the way i see it. If mine gets scuffed and scratched up badly, then at the very least, it's a 49 dollar fix. As it is, I'm pretty careful with my gadgets. My wife even jokes about that. No case here on the black one.

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I went with a case on both mine and my partners iPhone 4's and just sold them via gum tree getting $400 each because they were in such perfect condition. After seeing a few vids of people dropping and scuffing up the iPhone 5 today i changed my mind about rolling naked with our Black 64GB new additions and purchased cases.

Feel much better now knowing they are safe and still very light and thin.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73