who's planning on rolling naked with their 5??

samuelmorgan

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Bought the speck case but now I miss seeing the gorgeous new back of the iPhone 5. I'm pretty grateful that this is one of the only stressful choices in my day.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Bought the speck case but now I miss seeing the gorgeous new back of the iPhone 5. I'm pretty grateful that this is one of the only stressful choices in my day.

Oh gosh I went through this dilemma twice! Bought a speck case then regretted it cuz I couldn't see the beauty of this phone. So I returned the case. And then I bought another one cuz I didn't want to somehow end up dropping it lol so I bought another one the next day... Ended up returning it last night -_- I have a problem.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I want to roll naked sooooooooo bad, but am so afraid about scratching the aluminum backing or the antenna band. Now that we've had our phones for a few days, those with the white version....are you still rolling naked and if so, are there any blemishes??

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Exxod, are you "babying" your phone?? I throw it in my pocket (alone, no keys or money) and I never use a screen protector. So no scratches, scuffs, dings or anything on your phone or antenna band on outside of phone?

rew001

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
The next best thing to rolling naked is this....I just bought this today. Lets see how it holds up before my 30 day return policy is up lol....
Rocketfish™ Mobile - Soft Shell Case for Apple? iPhone? 5 - Clear - RF-A5T2C

This will be the next one I try....the only problem with this is I know the plastic back would get scratched. That is why I went with the Rocketfish first.

Griffin Technology - Reveal Case for Apple? iPhone? 5 - White/Clear - GB35590

I have both these cases (after deciding that I'm not brave enough to go nakies). I bought the Griffin first, and scuffed it after I took it off to remove a speck of lint that got caught in the back. When angling the phone back into the case, the sharp edge of the bottom of the phone scuffed the inside of the clear back. Other than that, it's a great case. I went back to Best Buy and bought the Rocketfish clear soft shell, and that's what the phone is in now. Not bad looking. I did buy another Griffin for later though. I also bought a Rocketfish hardshell in white. :p Rocketfish™ Mobile - Hard Shell Case for Apple? iPhone? 5 - White - RF-A5H2WT
Dangit, I forgot I also ordered one of these last night from Amazon: [URL="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0093CDLM0/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M3C_ST1_3p_dp_1?t=imore-20&tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU1929420]http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0093CDLM0/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M3C_ST1_3p_dp_1[/URL] Figured for $10 it's worth a shot.

Here's the Poetic Atmosphere case. I received it tonight. Fits nice, just not really sure about the dark grey on the edges.
IMG_20120928_214514.jpgIMG_20120928_214759.jpg

I may have a "case" problem.....

*edit* OK I've already removed the Poetic Atmosphere. Back to using the Rocketfish clear soft shell till something else catches my eye.
IMG_20120928_223205.jpg

Last edited:

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I dropped my phone earlier today:( luckily it fell from waist height and my foot broke the fall. So it just slowly hit the floor. No scratches anywhere I checked this phone obsessively for 10 minutes looking If I scratched something. Looks like I broke the phone in:p don't feel like I need a case now after all-_- at least the phone didn't get a scratch or dent or anything. *phew*

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I have decided to go with the Speck Candyshell lolI have the white/charcoal (when its available, I am gonna order the white/peacock...I had the black/peacock on my 4S) and yes I know it covers up the beautiful back and sides....but I just am afraid I am gonna scratch this baby up. And I paid full retail for this 32GB....so yeah I am a little nervous, because I am always setting it on my desk to charge, my nightstand when I go to bed, and all kinds of different surface....somebody help me!!! lol

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Exxod, are you "babying" your phone?? I throw it in my pocket (alone, no keys or money) and I never use a screen protector. So no scratches, scuffs, dings or anything on your phone or antenna band on outside of phone?

Yeah, when it's in my pocket, it's the only thing in that pocket. And my 5 is still pristine.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I was going to go naked with it, but then I got a small scratch of the back bezel (it looks like a white line under the correct light). Since the black aluminum scratches so easily, I am going to get a case on it.

Chris

Travisl1213

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Mines naked and it sits on my desk and is slid around and under a keyboard and papers and pads put on it and then thrown in and out of my pocket with no scratches here. Mine is black also.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
After rocking an Otterbox Defender for over a week and noticing that any debris/dust/dirt entering the case might be causing more harm than just rolling without... I've undressed my iPhone 5 to run naked... Ah the free feeling is awesome!

Haven't used cases much at all on my previous iPhones and now I remember why :)

The iPhone 5 is too beautiful to suffocate with a case.

I'll still case it if bringing my iPhone on outdoor activities like hiking or biking, but otherwise for day to day use, she'll be naked and free!

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I agree sometimes cases do more harm than good on a phone. This is an obvious situation with the i5. Honestly I'm well beyond that. My black slate has a clear screen protector front+back and clear TPU I bought on eBay on sep 12. I've had this set up since sep 21. My phone is still flawless. The material on this case doesn't scratch at all. The case is TPU therefore flexible and easy to put on and remove. Every 2-3 days I remove case and clean off any dirt/dust/lint on phone. Here's link of actual case I have. BTW case is clear slim and still shows off i5 good looks. Still enjoying my phone 😄

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...600742218%26globalID%3DEBAY-US&token=pCBDWSr3

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2