I was going to go naked with it, but then I got a small scratch of the back bezel (it looks like a white line under the correct light). Since the black aluminum scratches so easily, I am going to get a case on it.

Chris
    09-26-2012 10:08 PM
    Yeah, when it's in my pocket, it's the only thing in that pocket. And my 5 is still pristine.
    So no problem laying it on tables and other surfaces??
    09-26-2012 10:20 PM
    Mines naked and it sits on my desk and is slid around and under a keyboard and papers and pads put on it and then thrown in and out of my pocket with no scratches here. Mine is black also.
    09-26-2012 10:40 PM
    So no problem laying it on tables and other surfaces??
    Haha, I brush off my desk every time go to a different class. Just in case.
    09-26-2012 10:41 PM
    After rocking an Otterbox Defender for over a week and noticing that any debris/dust/dirt entering the case might be causing more harm than just rolling without... I've undressed my iPhone 5 to run naked... Ah the free feeling is awesome!

Haven't used cases much at all on my previous iPhones and now I remember why

The iPhone 5 is too beautiful to suffocate with a case.

I'll still case it if bringing my iPhone on outdoor activities like hiking or biking, but otherwise for day to day use, she'll be naked and free!
    10-01-2012 06:22 PM
    I agree sometimes cases do more harm than good on a phone. This is an obvious situation with the i5. Honestly I'm well beyond that. My black slate has a clear screen protector front+back and clear TPU I bought on eBay on sep 12. I've had this set up since sep 21. My phone is still flawless. The material on this case doesn't scratch at all. The case is TPU therefore flexible and easy to put on and remove. Every 2-3 days I remove case and clean off any dirt/dust/lint on phone. Here's link of actual case I have. BTW case is clear slim and still shows off i5 good looks. Still enjoying my phone 😄

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53...alID%3DEBAY-US

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...
    10-01-2012 06:42 PM
    Mines been caseless since launch day. Just a Spigen ultra clear on the screen. A few marks along the bezel but oh well it's just a phone
    Dennisgarcia likes this.
    10-01-2012 07:21 PM
    So glad i quickly changed my mind about using a case as 2 days ago my beautiful new iPhone 5 slipped out of my hand into a gutter and was thankfully safe without a mark.
    10-04-2012 08:41 AM
    Mines been caseless since launch day. Just a Spigen ultra clear on the screen. A few marks along the bezel but oh well it's just a phone
    A phone that's worth more than an LTE ipad 3. But sure..just a phone.
    10-04-2012 10:09 PM
    I ended up getting an Otterbox Defender, black, to go with my black iPhone 5. I decided to do this since the resale prices on iPhones in pristine shape are so high. I am really really! happy with the case. It does make the phone somewhat thicker but I can use it without concern about scratches on the back, edges, etc. It's really a very handsome looking case, and it fits/locks around the iPhone perfectly.
    10-05-2012 06:32 AM
    Not brave enough to go naked with my phone. Too many things can happen (lids, pets, crowded hallways or stores). Otterbox is my case of choice.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    10-05-2012 07:38 AM
    Rolling naked since 21 Sep.
    Still look as good as new!
    No scratches. Probably because I'm extra careful with where I put my phone. like my pocket is ONLY for iPhone and nothing else.
    I clean the surface of any place with my hand before putting it on the surface.
    and I never slide it across the surface.
    I never use my fingernails or come close to it on my phone. Just the finger sliding.
    wahaha!
    10-05-2012 08:18 AM
    i rolled naked with my bb before i got the iphone 5. i got a clear case from kayscase through amazon. it is lightweight and fits like a glove. a bonus-it reflects the flash if you have flash alerts set up.
    10-06-2012 12:26 AM
    Bumper so far..
    10-06-2012 12:30 AM
    A phone that's worth more than an LTE ipad 3. But sure..just a phone.
    What I was getting at is I'm going to use it and not obsess about a few scratches here and there. My car was expensive and I don't have it wrapped in a case. Not knocking those who use cases just not for me on this particular phone.
    iphonefizzle likes this.
    10-06-2012 08:28 AM
    for anyone wanting something *almost* naked... check out slim cases like the casemate barely there...
    10-06-2012 01:06 PM
    The next best thing to rolling naked is this....I just bought this today. Lets see how it holds up before my 30 day return policy is up lol....
    Rocketfish Mobile - Soft Shell Case for Apple iPhone 5 - Clear - RF-A5T2C

This will be the next one I try....the only problem with this is I know the plastic back would get scratched. That is why I went with the Rocketfish first.

Griffin Technology - Reveal Case for Apple iPhone 5 - White/Clear - GB35590
    I'm using the rocket fish case now. I get the benefits of a case so no scratches but also get to see my sexy girl through it.
    10-06-2012 02:01 PM
    Never used a case or screen protector. Hope to keep it that way, but the iPhone5 is pretty light... Don't feel am holding a real phone though.
    10-06-2012 04:28 PM
    Once I get mine it'll get into a nice protective casing. Been rocking my 3GS naked but some protection might be good

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    10-06-2012 08:08 PM
    I ended up getting an Otterbox Defender, black, to go with my black iPhone 5. I decided to do this since the resale prices on iPhones in pristine shape are so high. I am really really! happy with the case. It does make the phone somewhat thicker but I can use it without concern about scratches on the back, edges, etc. It's really a very handsome looking case, and it fits/locks around the iPhone perfectly.
    I picked up an Otterbox for myself also. I love the new look and feel. The rubber on the outside is a very good improvement on the last ones.
    10-06-2012 08:50 PM
    I was naked until today...I ordered a Griffin reveal case (it's much cheaper if you order from their website as opposed to buying it at best buy, search web for promo codes). I've read negative reviews, but so far I love it...it's essentially a bumper with a clear plastic backside to protect from scuffs when you put the phone down. It adds very minimal (almost non-existent) bulk and shows off the phone.
    10-07-2012 12:56 AM
    Never use cases. Why cover the beauty? I do use matte ghost armor back and frame for scratch protection.
    10-07-2012 01:06 AM
    I too have the griffin reveal case. I got the white and clear one and I like it, but I think I'm going to get one in a different color. I have a feeling the white bumper part is going to look grimy fast.
    10-07-2012 04:16 AM
    Honestly guys.
    It matters what type of case you get too. The last thing you want is that damn case you bought scratched it. When you choose to sacrifice the beauty of the phone.
    That being said.
    It really boils down to how much you care and treat things.
    If you are a cautious and meticulous person. Generally you won't harm the phone.
    Phone scratches is due to you running your FINGERNAILS on the phone. I mean. who the hell uses their fingernails to hold a damn phone.
    Besides, since day one of owning a phone, my pocket is only for a phone.
    It's gona take a lifestyle change to have your keys, coins and whatever scary stuff away from your phone in the pocket.
    I mean, what the hell man. Your pocket ain't "magical" pocket where it holds everything -.-.
    Designers didn't design 4 pockets in a pants for no reason.
    kreestole likes this.
    10-07-2012 06:45 AM
    Since my first iphone (3Gs) I have always had a case on it. There have been a few times I've accidentally dropped my phone and having a case has saved the day. Today I was in the Apple store getting my Macbook looked at and I decided to add the Apple Care+ to my 5. Now that I am covered from accidental damage, I plan on removing the case I have, return it, and showing the iPhone in it's oh natural (in a french accent) glory.

Which makes this decision easier is IMHO the lack of any decent cases available. Apple has know and the carriers/box stores really have nothing to my liking. I enjoyed the two piece Speck fitted cases but it appears that Speck isn't making that for the iPhone 5 which is a same.
    10-07-2012 07:46 PM
391 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD