Yep, screen shield here I come.
    Just got a minor scratch on my screen.
    09-24-2012 12:28 PM
    I was going to go naked also but it was so light in my pocket I just knew I would forget it was there and something would happen .. I have went naked for the most part on my 4 and 4s with no scratches etc .. If fact my 4s was mint and sold for high dollars .. With this one I put in otterbox just to be safe
    09-24-2012 12:39 PM
    Correct me if I am wrong, but with Applecare+, which costs $99, you are covered for 2 years, and you can do 2 claims within that 2 year period, each claim costing $49, right? So no case or screen protector...and if I smash it, it will cost me $49 plus taxes?? Sounds like that would be a better way to roll.
    09-24-2012 06:34 PM
    I ran naked with my iPhone 4 and plan to do the same with the iPhone 5, most of the time. I do some high risk outdoor recreation activities (e.g., mountain biking and backcountry skiing) and will likely pick up a case for those situations. I have a white version that is so far very durable.
    09-24-2012 06:44 PM
    Totally rolling naked with my white iPhone 5. I don't know if I'd be as brave with the black/slate version though, as it sounds like that one is more susceptible to scratching.
    09-24-2012 06:56 PM
    It would seem that in most cases the best version of the iPhone to roll naked with is a white one, the scratches are harder to see with out looking hard, unless you crack your screen you probly won't notice many. Just my observation from owning white iPhones.
    09-24-2012 07:05 PM
    I just can't justify putting a case on this beautiful design. I will most likely get a Zagg on the front (maybe on the back, but I don't know how that will work with the metal on it)
    09-24-2012 07:56 PM
    I'm running naked on my bed only, just to cuddle around after a day covered with a case
    09-24-2012 08:25 PM
    Correct me if I am wrong, but with Applecare+, which costs $99, you are covered for 2 years, and you can do 2 claims within that 2 year period, each claim costing $49, right? So no case or screen protector...and if I smash it, it will cost me $49 plus taxes?? Sounds like that would be a better way to roll.
    That's the way i see it. If mine gets scuffed and scratched up badly, then at the very least, it's a 49 dollar fix. As it is, I'm pretty careful with my gadgets. My wife even jokes about that. No case here on the black one.
    09-24-2012 09:06 PM
    I went with a case on both mine and my partners iPhone 4's and just sold them via gum tree getting $400 each because they were in such perfect condition. After seeing a few vids of people dropping and scuffing up the iPhone 5 today i changed my mind about rolling naked with our Black 64GB new additions and purchased cases.

Feel much better now knowing they are safe and still very light and thin.
    09-25-2012 04:05 AM
    Naked !
    09-25-2012 04:07 AM
    I got the incase crystal slider case it looks sooo beautiful lol
    09-25-2012 04:15 AM
    Bought the speck case but now I miss seeing the gorgeous new back of the iPhone 5. I'm pretty grateful that this is one of the only stressful choices in my day.
    trandz likes this.
    09-25-2012 04:23 AM
    Waiting to see some nice clear back cases to roll out . .
    09-25-2012 08:17 AM
    Bought the speck case but now I miss seeing the gorgeous new back of the iPhone 5. I'm pretty grateful that this is one of the only stressful choices in my day.
    Oh gosh I went through this dilemma twice! Bought a speck case then regretted it cuz I couldn't see the beauty of this phone. So I returned the case. And then I bought another one cuz I didn't want to somehow end up dropping it lol so I bought another one the next day... Ended up returning it last night -_- I have a problem.
    Fokas914 likes this.
    09-25-2012 09:53 AM
    The next best thing to rolling naked is this....I just bought this today. Lets see how it holds up before my 30 day return policy is up lol....
    Rocketfish Mobile - Soft Shell Case for Apple iPhone 5 - Clear - RF-A5T2C

This will be the next one I try....the only problem with this is I know the plastic back would get scratched. That is why I went with the Rocketfish first.

Griffin Technology - Reveal Case for Apple iPhone 5 - White/Clear - GB35590
    09-25-2012 02:45 PM
    I want to roll naked sooooooooo bad, but am so afraid about scratching the aluminum backing or the antenna band. Now that we've had our phones for a few days, those with the white version....are you still rolling naked and if so, are there any blemishes??
    09-26-2012 02:51 PM
    Still rolling caseless.
    09-26-2012 02:52 PM
    just a black bumper on mine.
    09-26-2012 02:56 PM
    Exxod, are you "babying" your phone?? I throw it in my pocket (alone, no keys or money) and I never use a screen protector. So no scratches, scuffs, dings or anything on your phone or antenna band on outside of phone?
    09-26-2012 03:17 PM
    After seeing how light the phone is I bought a case for it. Its like nothing compared to the 4/4s.
    09-26-2012 04:05 PM
    The next best thing to rolling naked is this....I just bought this today. Lets see how it holds up before my 30 day return policy is up lol....
    Rocketfish™ Mobile - Soft Shell Case for Apple iPhone 5 - Clear - RF-A5T2C

This will be the next one I try....the only problem with this is I know the plastic back would get scratched. That is why I went with the Rocketfish first.

Griffin Technology - Reveal Case for Apple iPhone 5 - White/Clear - GB35590
    I have both these cases (after deciding that I'm not brave enough to go nakies). I bought the Griffin first, and scuffed it after I took it off to remove a speck of lint that got caught in the back. When angling the phone back into the case, the sharp edge of the bottom of the phone scuffed the inside of the clear back. Other than that, it's a great case. I went back to Best Buy and bought the Rocketfish clear soft shell, and that's what the phone is in now. Not bad looking. I did buy another Griffin for later though. I also bought a Rocketfish hardshell in white. Rocketfish™ Mobile - Hard Shell Case for Apple iPhone 5 - White - RF-A5H2WT
    Dangit, I forgot I also ordered one of these last night from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0093CDLM0/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M3C_ST1_3p_dp_1 Figured for $10 it's worth a shot.

Here's the Poetic Atmosphere case. I received it tonight. Fits nice, just not really sure about the dark grey on the edges.
    who's planning on rolling naked with their 5??-img_20120928_214514.jpgwho's planning on rolling naked with their 5??-img_20120928_214759.jpg

I may have a "case" problem.....

*edit* OK I've already removed the Poetic Atmosphere. Back to using the Rocketfish clear soft shell till something else catches my eye.
    who's planning on rolling naked with their 5??-img_20120928_223205.jpg
    Last edited by rew001; 09-28-2012 at 11:35 PM. Reason: added pics
    09-26-2012 06:06 PM
    I dropped my phone earlier today luckily it fell from waist height and my foot broke the fall. So it just slowly hit the floor. No scratches anywhere I checked this phone obsessively for 10 minutes looking If I scratched something. Looks like I broke the phone in:P don't feel like I need a case now after all-_- at least the phone didn't get a scratch or dent or anything. *phew*
    09-26-2012 06:42 PM
    I have decided to go with the Speck Candyshell lolI have the white/charcoal (when its available, I am gonna order the white/peacock...I had the black/peacock on my 4S) and yes I know it covers up the beautiful back and sides....but I just am afraid I am gonna scratch this baby up. And I paid full retail for this 32GB....so yeah I am a little nervous, because I am always setting it on my desk to charge, my nightstand when I go to bed, and all kinds of different surface....somebody help me!!! lol
    09-26-2012 06:59 PM
    Exxod, are you "babying" your phone?? I throw it in my pocket (alone, no keys or money) and I never use a screen protector. So no scratches, scuffs, dings or anything on your phone or antenna band on outside of phone?
    Yeah, when it's in my pocket, it's the only thing in that pocket. And my 5 is still pristine.
    09-26-2012 09:34 PM
391 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD