who's planning on rolling naked with their 5??

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If I indeed purchase the new iPhone, I will indeed sport it as-is and not cover it up in a case or bumper, but that's Just Me, D...;)

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I will probably have to see what cases bumpers are available, but I am tempted to roll naked.

I will also be tempted to roll AROUND naked with it when it arrives on Friday :-0

theogt

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i know i will.. whenever i get mine. wouldn't have it any other way
I've owned every iteration of the iPhone and have never used a case. I've also never had a cracked or heavily scratched screen.

The greatest thing about the phone is its beautiful design. Covering that up with some gigantic rubber monstrosity is like putting a car bra on an Aston Martin.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Def naked here too. I hardly ever used a case on my 4 or 4S. I did with my 3G and 3GS, but realized they're not as fragile as I once thought.

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
well, since I'm originally from Memphis, we call this "nekked" :D but my iPhone 4 has been fine that way for 2.5 years so I'm sure the 5 will do well also. Count me in the "Apple spends $$$$$ on industrial design and I'm going to appreciate it fully" camp.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I always run bareback (with my phones only). However I don't know how the sides of the black iPhone will withstand abuse. Will the black come off the antennas? I tend to lay my iPhone on its side.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
... Count me in the "Apple spends $$$$$ on industrial design and I'm going to appreciate it fully" camp.

My iPhone 5 will be unfettered, for exactly this reason. I had a case on my 3GS but my 4S has run naked and made it through the past year with nary a scratch.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I'll be sporting mine in the nude. I got a secret tho, I usually have mine Ghost Armored. ;) hopefully it'll be out when I get my phone.

Sent from my i4 using Tapatalk

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Sometimes I have a case on It and sometimes I have a case, At any given time I would out a case on or take a case off. But this on will go naked for at least the first week so I can enjoy the feel and how thin it is.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am going naked too.

Seeing how the glass is flush with the band, unlike the 4/4S, I am not worried about cracking the screen if I drop it on an edge.

iresq_iphone_5_4s_bottom_comparison.jpg

Why Apple Is Killing Off The Bumper, And Why You Won’t Need A Case For Your iPhone 5 | Cult of Mac

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I always run bareback (with my phones only). However I don't know how the sides of the black iPhone will withstand abuse. Will the black come off the antennas? I tend to lay my iPhone on its side.

It depends on the material. If it's anodized aluminum, then no worries. If it's painted steel, we may have a problem. Time will tell.

GreatNeal

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
My first reason to choose Apple is because iPhone 5 is pure sex. No other phones are able to come close this perfection.
Putting on a case with it? U mad?
Be it drop the phone. Be it scratch the screen. I will roll naked. It's only a few dollars to get it repaired.
Besides. The screen is made to withstand everyday scratch.
I rolled 4S naked for 9months without screen protector. It still looks as new. I think screen protectors are really a scam -.-"
Moreover, Apple has done us the kindness to make it as slim as possible. To reach to consumers wanting it thin. Complaining ITS NOT THIN ENOUGH!!! Now you want to add a case to make it fat. U mad?

Reactions: iphonefizzle

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I think I am going to do this. At least for a little while at first. Probably throw a screen protector on but no case.

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I want to get a speck card case for mine. More for functionality than protection at this point. It keeps me from having to carry or remember my wallet.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR