I've always used a case and a screen protector with my phones. My iPhone 4 currently has a Zagg screen protector and the PowerMat wireless charging case. It's been over a year now and the case has been great. If I get an iPhone 5, I'll definitely look at PowerMat again.
    09-14-2012 11:05 PM
    Yep, nothin on mine and never had a problem with scratches.
    09-14-2012 11:23 PM
    I always roll commando on my iPhones, as I look at my cracked screen on my iPhone 4.
    09-14-2012 11:32 PM
    I always roll commando on my iPhones, as I look at my cracked screen on my iPhone 4.
    damn, that's keeping it real right there!
    09-14-2012 11:35 PM
    Had a bumper on my iPhone 4. But this time I may go with just SP and a slip case for when I'm out and about. Not a lot of cases out for the 5 yet, and even fewer of them are available to ship. A lot of them have ship dates of October
    09-15-2012 12:10 AM
    my iphone 4 has been naked and proud for the past 2 months and ive actually come to appreciate the design alot more rather than have some bulky case on it. Ive also learned that when you have a naked iphone your reflexes improve and so does your though process because if i think i might drop it or i am going to drop i either change its position or instinctively grip it/dive to catch it dramatically
    Photon4glover likes this.
    09-15-2012 12:29 AM
    I have been using it naked since the first iPhone and every generations after that. I suppose the new one is not going to change me. Instead looking at the new design I think it is a waste to cover up the beautiful aesthetic back plate...
    Just my 2 cents.
    09-15-2012 01:47 AM
    I ordered a case-mate thin clear case as I've always kept mine in a case but after reading all of the responses I'm REALLY tempted to go nude. I really like the looks of the 5 so no case would be a plus there.
    09-15-2012 02:51 AM
    I plan to keep mine naked. I don't mind a couple of scratches on my phone. It's an ultrathin ultralight smartphone, and I like it that way.
    09-15-2012 03:41 AM
    Naked is the only way to go!
    09-15-2012 03:44 AM
    Just too damn beautiful to cover up.
    BLiNK likes this.
    09-15-2012 04:29 AM
    I never want to use a case, but always end up doing so. My previous iPhones spent a lot of time in my pockets - often times with keys - and I worry like hell that I'll damage it without a case.
    09-15-2012 07:03 AM
    it's crazy the amount of money some people spend on cases

i swear, it seems like some people i know could potentially by another phone if they were to just set that money to the side somewhere
    09-15-2012 07:07 AM
    Going naked as I have with all previous iPhones and phones before. For a while I used a holster or belt case, but now that's out of fashion and the phones are smaller and lighter. My phones are always pristine and sell for top $$ on eBay. If I pocket my phone, it gets the pocket alone. I don't leave my phone on restaurant tables or bar tops. I'm just careful. when I ski, I tether my phone using a bungee made by Kenu and I don't take it out in precip..I'll use a floating case when boating.
    09-15-2012 08:10 AM
    The only time I use a case is when I'm out for a long day and know I will have heavy use and no easy access to power (such as a long day at an amusement park), and then I will slap on a battery case to bump the life. (hahaha, not sure what my typo was there but autocorrect replaced life with LTE). I never use a screen protector, just not needed.
    09-15-2012 08:14 AM
    My question to all u iphone exhibitionists is how many of u are white collar workers? Im in construction. My phone takes a beating just being clipped to my waste. And thats the absolute safest place i can store it. My buddy works in a lab. We both have lifeproof cases. Im on my second one, his looks like he just bought it this morning.

Ever so often i'll run it nude for a day or two. (weekend) I find during those times i have to treat it like a newborn. Although i enjoy revealing its beauty the constant cuddling is more than i can handle at times
    i too work in and around the construction industry and so far never had any bad luck, not even close tbh. i am very careful with my device - probably more than the average human being lol

i used to go with an otterbox just while at work until that POS broke and its been naked city 24/7 ever since (NO screen protectors either)

to put it bluntly, some people just need them. like its pre determined they will drop it smh
    09-15-2012 08:34 AM
    I am rolling in the buff. Straight naked
    BLiNK likes this.
    09-15-2012 09:45 AM
    My iP4 is naked but plan on getting a Lifeproof for my iP5.
    09-15-2012 10:10 AM
    I will most definitely be rolling commando on my white i5

Screen protector for sure, will probably buy a mophie battery case as a backup source of power and that's it.
    09-15-2012 05:22 PM
    It depends on the material. If it's anodized aluminum, then no worries. If it's painted steel, we may have a problem. Time will tell.
    Anodized. Its been confirmed, and I would expect nothing less from apple.
    09-15-2012 11:06 PM
    raw dog baby
    09-15-2012 11:21 PM
    Anodized. Its been confirmed, and I would expect nothing less from apple.
    cool beans... and yes, exactly as one would expect/anticipate of an Apple-designed piece of kit.
    09-15-2012 11:35 PM

to put it bluntly, some people just need them. like its pre determined they will drop it smh
    if the future is remotely close to the past, then my iphone 5 will be eating pavement at some point. I have never owned a phone that hasnt been dropped. I applaud those of you who have that je ne se pa quoi that makes you never drop your phones.
    09-16-2012 01:02 AM
    if the future is remotely close to the past, then my iphone 5 will be eating pavement at some point. I have never owned a phone that hasnt been dropped. I applaud those of you who have that je ne se pa quoi that makes you never drop your phones.
    I dropped my iPhone a few times naked alright. Didn't break the glass ::success::
    Still. I'm rolling it naked. Doesn't matter if it drops.
    It's just too beautiful to cover up. Risk dropping. It's good.
    09-16-2012 01:31 AM
    My question to all u iphone exhibitionists is how many of u are white collar workers? Im in construction. My phone takes a beating just being clipped to my waste. And thats the absolute safest place i can store it. My buddy works in a lab. We both have lifeproof cases. Im on my second one, his looks like he just bought it this morning.

Ever so often i'll run it nude for a day or two. (weekend) I find during those times i have to treat it like a newborn. Although i enjoy revealing its beauty the constant cuddling is more than i can handle at times.

But to respond to the thread. I will be cuddling my 5 for the first few weeks until that new lifeproof one-zy arrives. Then its back to handling like a teenage boy again👍❕
    im a garbage man...always roll naked..although i keep my phone in the truck in a pouch like case. i have dropped it on the metal dash of a truck though without so much of a scratch.

iphone 5...naked, cant ruin apples design!
    09-16-2012 07:32 PM
391 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD